Rumor: Apple's space gray 'iPhone 7' will be a 'much darker color'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    rhoninrhonin Posts: 60member
    Black.  Blue.   Give me some dark color  choices.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    What you want is a really dark blue that looks black, but is actually blue...
    latifbp
  • Reply 23 of 26
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    isteelers said:
    TurboPGT said:
    Yay. People that buy Space Grey do so because its the only thing close to a "black" model.
    Plus it's the only model with a black front. I would be happy to have either the silver or regular gold if they offered them with black fronts. 
    That would look ok:

but it's how to match the bands. You can't have dark bands with the light back and white bands don't sit too well with the black front. Maybe they could get away with color-matched bands.

A darker back will look nice, even if it has a blue tint:

The slate black iPhone 5 has a nicer appearance than Space Grey, it just showed up scratches and fingerprints too easily.

• Reply 24 of 26
    freshmakerfreshmaker Posts: 532member
    isteelers said:
    TurboPGT said:
    Yay. People that buy Space Grey do so because its the only thing close to a "black" model.
    Plus it's the only model with a black front. I would be happy to have either the silver or regular gold if they offered them with black fronts. 
    Ah great idea!  Love the idea of a black front and gold back.  That sounds awesome
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Wow, a darker color? Now THAT's innovation. 
  • Reply 26 of 26
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Wow, a darker color? Now THAT's innovation. 
    Yes, because as you well know a dark colour is the only change coming to these new phones. We don't need your prickly sarcasm around here. MacRumors is the forum you're looking for.