New photos claim to show three different 'iPhone 7' models, including 'Pro'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    apple ][ said:
    volcan said:
    Front pocket or back pocket, neither will stand up to a switchblade.
    A gun can stand up to a switchblade.

But if somebody is unlucky enough to get robbed and they're not armed, then I agree that it doesn't matter if it's front pocket or back pocket. It does help against any pickpockets though, so that's a good enough reason for me to keep doing it.
    a lot of pickpocketing in your section of middle earth, is there? better hope they don't roll a 1 on their D20 chance to hit!
  • Reply 22 of 41
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    apple ][ said:
    I don't care about when the phones were released or which series came out first.

It's like looking at two different paintings or pieces of art. Nobody cares which came first. What matters is which looks better and which is more pleasing to the eyes.
    when talking about cameras, yes, you care about a newer generation over an older. 
    Not at all. I am commenting solely on the aesthetics, not the technology.
  • Reply 23 of 41
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    apple ][ said:
    A gun can stand up to a switchblade.

But if somebody is unlucky enough to get robbed and they're not armed, then I agree that it doesn't matter if it's front pocket or back pocket. It does help against any pickpockets though, so that's a good enough reason for me to keep doing it.
    a lot of pickpocketing in your section of middle earth, is there? better hope they don't roll a 1 on their D20 chance to hit!
    Ever since the commie, criminal loving and anti-Police mayor took charge, then yes, things have naturally gotten worse.
  • Reply 24 of 41
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    iPhone Pro will be called the iPhone 7 Bender Edition.
    Wouldn't a Pro model have a smart connector? Let's see it.
  • Reply 25 of 41
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    apple ][ said:
    I picked up an iPhone SE last week, The back of the SE looks so much better than the back of whatever those phones shown in the photo are. They don't look good at all. The back looks like the back of what somebody might expect from an Android phone.

The SE has the unmistakable Apple design. I don't find the backs of the phones in the picture to be very Apple like and certainly not something that I would characterize as beautiful.
    Great evolutionary design. Love when Apple keeps simplifying and refining the industrial design of a product over multiple iterations. This kind of principled thinking is hands-down the best design philosophy. Automotive greats like Porsche, with their iconic 911, have displayed great discipline over decades fine tuning a design, elevating the product to the level of masterpiece. You don't think Apple should have adopted a similar philosophy with its products? Looks like they have with their MacBook Pro line. Other companies like Braun have employed principled philosophy for design to great affect. Study up on Dieter Rams' highly celebrated 10 Principles of Good Design. Clearly, tech in consumer electronics evolves quickly, thus the design of the iPhone does too. Tho consistency over a few generations is certainly not a lack of artful industrial design.

If your opinions are revolutionary, please feel free to include some illustrations of what a metal rectangle with a glass screen ought to look like with all relevant tech considered. It would make for positive and spirited debate. This alleged next gen iPhone is an objectively good piece of industrial design. Compromises are inherent in ALL good design.
    nolamacguy
  • Reply 26 of 41
    ophelloophello Posts: 11member
    ireland said:
    "s" branding and text looks shopped on. I doubt very much they'll do a plus and a pro. Though Apple lately likes to complicate their lineup so you never know. 9to5Mac can always tell us Apple's doing it unless they don't do it. Hedging-journalism at its finest over there.
    You have no clue what you're talking about. It doesn't look shopped on at all. Please learn more about photoshop before making comments about whether an image is real. Why the hell would someone go to the trouble to make a real aluminum body, but not be able to make the logo on the back? It's absolutely stupid logic -- hopefully you can see that now.
  • Reply 27 of 41
    newnysnewnys Posts: 3member
    Interesting how it has the s badge on the rear, this could be the iPhone 6GS this year and not named the iPhone 7
  • Reply 28 of 41
    newnysnewnys Posts: 3member
    Interesting how it has the s badge on the rear, this could be the iPhone 6GS this year and not named the iPhone 7
  • Reply 29 of 41
    apple ][ said:
    when talking about cameras, yes, you care about a newer generation over an older. 
    Not at all. I am commenting solely on the aesthetics, not the technology.
    that's nice, but I was commenting to their camera comment. 
  • Reply 30 of 41

apple ][ said:
    Ever since the commie, criminal loving and anti-Police mayor took charge, then yes, things have naturally gotten worse.
    yeah? how about a link to your local COMSTAT report with the pickpocket stats?
  • Reply 31 of 41
    Makes sense to me...just like the iPad and laptop line. Not everyone needs the power/pro features.

I've never been a power/pro user.

I preferred the white plastic MacBook over the aluminum uni-body MBP. I like the white 5c over the 5s.

To me Apple will always be a consumer products company, first. 

edited July 2016
  • Reply 32 of 41
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    iPhone "Pro"? LOL.... No.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 33 of 41
    It's too bad the current assembly design of the iPhone 6 & 7 series does not permit the antennas to be places just underneath the radio-transparent glass front—doing away with the antenna lines on the back. Maybe circumnavigating the edge (bezel) of the glass, or located within the chin/forehead. I'm sure it would have been done already if possible. Other parts must be in the way, or something.
    edited July 2016
  • Reply 34 of 41
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,315member
    Yep.... iPhone Pro because the iPhone isn't the best phone we can make.
    doozydozenchazbcn
  • Reply 35 of 41
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Casting doubt on the authenticity of the images are "S" markings. Apple has traditionally reserved that badge for its interim performance upgrades, and released the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus just last September -- a different use of "S" would risk confusion.
    How dare you try to say how Apple will name their phones? They could call it the iPhone 3S and no one would be confused at all!

*cough*
  • Reply 36 of 41
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    mattinoz said:
    Yep.... iPhone Pro because the iPhone isn't the best phone we can make.
    Super agree with your sarcasm! 'Pro'nomenclature infers that the rest of the non-Pro lineup is inferior. The iconic iPhone should never be second class due to lineup changes. Tho, it was mentioned by @tmay ;that the iPhone product line is maturing and adding SKUs is common practice in the tech industry. Time will till. I'd hope Apple would place themselves above the industry norm of an expanded product lineup. Tho iPhone Plus and SE could be evidence to the contrary.
     :/ 
    edited July 2016 mattinoz
  • Reply 37 of 41
    wozwozwozwoz Posts: 263member
    Maybe the Pro version lets you use a normal set of headphones?
    doozydozen
  • Reply 38 of 41
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Love what the Plus will likely offer, but I wish all models offered the same upgrades. 
  • Reply 39 of 41
    chazbcnchazbcn Posts: 26member
    The images look suspicious, to say the least.
    I'd say they're fake.
    However, if Apple would release an iPhone Pro besides a Plus, that would be really odd, weird and complicated.
    It doesn't make any sense to split  the premium phone line in two and make one more premium than the other. It's not something Apple would do. But, iPhone since sales are going down, we can expect atypical moves from the marketing department in the next years.

• Reply 40 of 41
    volcan said:
    davidmalcolm said:
    I agree. I love my SE. I think Apple should seriously consider moving the 8 to a design that resembles the 5 series. I like the angular sides, they might no feel great at that side. But they look very good. 
    The angular sides do look good but I found they wear out pants pockets. The rounded edges of the 6 series are not as harsh. Blue jeans cost more than $50 and they wear out too fast as it is. You know how your wallet shows the wear on the back pocket. I was getting the same thing on the front pocket from the iPhone 5.
    I get those pocket lines with my 6S - since it's wider, the flat surface sticks out more against the curve of my thigh. My 5 on the other hand was narrower and didn't show as much, on some pairs I have the 5 was a perfect fit for the small pocket. My black armani's fit the 6S in the small pocket but it's too shallow to carry it there permanently.