Stereo sound on iPhone 7 uses standard speaker plus earpiece in landscape mode

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    mike1 said:
    It takes about 10dB more output to double the perceived volume level. If this is truly "twice as loud", I would think they achieved 10dB more output by using some combination of more efficient speakers and increasing the size of the audio amplifier driving the speakers.
    It takes a 6db sound level increase to perceptually equate to a doubling in volume.  It takes a quadrupling of the power from the amp driving the speakers to achieve a 6db increase in volume from the drivers.  More efficient drivers would help a lot.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    prokip said:
    WHAT WE NEED IS A BETTER QUALITY DAC IN THE iPhone.  ARE YOU LISTENING TIM !!!
    For better audio performance I'll be using the Oppo HA-2 headphone amp.  With the 256GB capability of the 7 Plus this will be heaven for saving hi-res music but yeah a better DAC is needed for the iPhone.  I wonder why Apple skimped on this?
  • Reply 23 of 23
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,909member
    prokip said:
    WHAT WE NEED IS A BETTER QUALITY DAC IN THE iPhone.  ARE YOU LISTENING TIM !!!
    For better audio performance I'll be using the Oppo HA-2 headphone amp.  With the 256GB capability of the 7 Plus this will be heaven for saving hi-res music but yeah a better DAC is needed for the iPhone.  I wonder why Apple skimped on this?
    Who makes the iPhone DAC and what are it's specs?