iPhone 7 preorders at T-Mobile 4X greater than iPhone 6 launch, matte black most popular color

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    Why the iPhone 6 series, not the 6S series? Do we know what the 6 series pre-order numbers turned out to be? If not, this all feels like how Bezos and other mention sales numbers, and I'm not a fan.
    One, he may have misspoken, and was perhaps referring to a generic "6". Two, he did unambiguously say that it is the largest phone launch they've ever had. Three, in many ways, the 6s was a spec bump over the 6 (I have both), and the dramatic jump in iPhone sales happened between the 5s and the 6. In fact, we know that the sales of the iPhone, in the aggregate, actually fell last year. So it's possible that the 6s numbers weren't that much better than that for the 6. 
    1) That's doubtful given the other context.

2) Over course the 6S series was a spec bump. They're ALL a spec bump, an the 6S series was a significant spec bump. If you want too say that not changing the case shape means its not worth mentioning then what does that say abut the iPhone 7? I'm quite shocked that even you would take this myopic view of technology.

3) Right, I understand "it's possible that the 6s numbers weren't that much better than that for the 6," I also understand that the sales may be less, as we know from the iPhone sales revenue, which is the reason I asked the questions looking for actual answers. Yet, all I got were comments from people upset that I wanted to know the value of x so I could figure out y.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Apple sells so many iPhones at launch and sell out. It's really a number of how many phones Apple had made and ready to sell at launch. That's the the problem. Apple has a limit on how many they can make and have ready at launch because Apple has to install the final working version of iOS onto the phone. In this case it's iOS10. They can't do it a month or more away from launch as they're still working on the OS. So they have to get iOS installed on millions of phones and placed in boxes ready to sell before launch while continuing to make more and more phones. All these phones have to be warehoused until shipped to Apple and other stores. So really, Launch Numbers is really how many phones Apple was able to get made to be sold. If Apple could have 50 million ready to go on launch day, they would be sold out over the weekend of launch. That's just not practical.
    califastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 54
    TurboPGT said:
    clemynx said:
     I thought this appearance would appear next year.
    The truth is, all of the rumors about "next year" are completely bogus, as "next year" always has the greener glass. Quite definitely, the Jet Black finish is what the idiots in the rumor mill mistook for a glass backed iPhone.

Then we have the shill idiots at the V***e, who say "I feel like I'm holding a prototype of next year's phone." Yeah, you should dumbass, because next year's phone will be the iPhone 7s. Cannot wait for Apple to create irate tech bloggers when they don't do something 'special' for the 10 year anniversary, and instead release a typical S series (which of course is still a great product).
    Well, I think the chance of a ceramic phone next year are actually pretty good, that would be a very different material than well anyone (and likely no one's going to imitate that very quickly not even Samsung) and the ceramic watch is a test run for this, smaller batch so they can tune the process with less risk.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 54
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    williamh said:
    cali said:
    williamh said:
    No way it's 4x across all carriers but in sure it's doing well.  

I see. I wonder if it's at least 2x across the board?

You can wonder about that. Apple didn't prebuild twice as many and the back orders aren't that long. It's a great phone and Apple will sell many millions. It will be their best selling phone ever, of course. But it won't come close to double the 6. 

Think about it: sales are double and Apple doesn't want to talk about it?
    Because the metric is useless for launch as they always sell out and the press's spin is pathetic. 
    calinolamacguywatto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 54
    misleading, demand is higher at Tmobil because of very competitive plans. Why don;t you check demand at ATT & Verizon?
    YOY sale are down and continue to go down
  • Reply 46 of 54
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    williamh said:
    It will be their best selling phone ever, of course. But it won't come close to double the 6. 
    You can't be certain of that because you don't have enough qualifiers. For example, did we get leaks from China sooner than normal. If so, it could be that they have more units to sell. Or, maybe after 2 years they are more efficient with building these devices that has a very similar casing to the iPhone 6 series, that it's now their 3rd-year at building the 4.7" and 5.5" devices, more Foxconn factory space, and even a consideration that users are doing a two-year upgrade sequence instead of yearly, which makes this a bump year.

Then you have Legere saying pre-orders are 4x that of the iPhone 6 series, and you have half of the month, nearly 1/6th of a financial quarter for iPhone 6 series sales, not just a long weekend. Would saying, "Apple will sell more than 3x Phones in Q4 than in any previous Q4," seem like an unobtainable estimation to you?
    cali
  • Reply 47 of 54
    Don't they have more customers than they did two years ago? Have the other US carriers said anything?
    must...find reasons...to disparage. fear. uncertainty. doubt. 
    edited September 2016 caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 54
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    johnbear said:
    misleading, demand is higher at Tmobil because of very competitive plans. Why don;t you check demand at ATT & Verizon?
    YOY sale are down and continue to go down
    Do you have the ATT Verizon numbers? Or are you pulling this info from your **?

sog35 said:
    Apple is, so far, the only stock in the Dow that's up today. Nearly +3%. Thanks to this news. 
    Also Sprints iPhone sales are up almost 300% also
    It's %375 over iPhone 6S.

What excuse will the droids use now that the success isn't exclusive to T-Mobile?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 54
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Don't they have more customers than they did two years ago? Have the other US carriers said anything?
    I'm convinced that rogifan is an elaborate bot, containing an algorithm that concern-trolls both good news and bad news. It's the only plausible explanation, as I see no way a sane human being can do this day-in and day-out, no matter the facts, context, and subject matter. 
    califastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 50 of 54
    matthere said:
    I'm not surprised T-mobile is doing so well on the iPhone 7, they don't tell you it'll take months for you to receive it until after you finalize the pre-order...

I placed an order with T-mobile late on Friday, they were still promising delivery by the end of September. It's not until after I signed the contract they sent me (and that did not say anything otherwise), that the shipping date changed to "end of October to end of November"
    You may be able to get out of that contract as waiting that long can be viewed as material to the decision of whether to enter into the contract, and their concealment was deceptive. Deceptive, fraudulent inducement to enter into contract.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    slurpy said:
    I'm convinced that rogifan is an elaborate bot, containing an algorithm that concern-trolls both good news and bad news. It's the only plausible explanation, as I see no way a sane human being can do this day-in and day-out, no matter the facts, context, and subject matter. 
    You think that a person who spends as much time on this online forum as rogifan is sane?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 54
    toranaga said:
    matthere said:
    I'm not surprised T-mobile is doing so well on the iPhone 7, they don't tell you it'll take months for you to receive it until after you finalize the pre-order...

I placed an order with T-mobile late on Friday, they were still promising delivery by the end of September. It's not until after I signed the contract they sent me (and that did not say anything otherwise), that the shipping date changed to "end of October to end of November"
    You may be able to get out of that contract as waiting that long can be viewed as material to the decision of whether to enter into the contract, and their concealment was deceptive. Deceptive, fraudulent inducement to enter into contract.
    That was my thinking as well, even though I had no legalese knowledge to back it up.
    I got in touch with them, told them it wasn't the first time I was experiencing a T-Mobile employee "fudging" facts to get a faster sale, and that I couldn't keep turning a blind eye and blaming it on mistakes or miscommunication. That as far as I'm concerned, there were two outcomes to the situation, one where the order would ship before the end of the month as promised, the other where I'd look into another provider.

It looks like it was incentive enough for them to find it worth turning the situation around, the order now shows as shipped. I still think there's something very fishy in the way my order was handled, but I have to give it to T-Mobile: they admitted (albeit implicitly) to having messed up and eventually addressed the mistake.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    So my son's iPhone 7 just got bumped UP to tomorrow from the original estimate of the 19th.
    I have the UPS next day air tracking number and everything. I hope they don't hold on to it until Friday...
    T-Mobile silver iPhone 7 128GB ordered Saturday morning.
    He's going from an iPhone 5 to a 7.
    Whoop!
    watto_cobra