Apple reschedules fiscal Q4 2016 earnings call to Oct. 25

Posted:
in AAPL Investors
Apple on Monday moved its earnings call for the fourth quarter of 2016 up two days to Tuesday, Oct. 25, citing an unannounced scheduling conflict.

The change in schedule was announced in an update on Apple's investor relations webpage, which notes the call is set to take at 2 p.m. Pacific, 5 p.m. Eastern. Apple failed to offer further information regarding the scheduling conflict, though the event was originally slated for the same time on Oct. 27.

Apple's upcoming quarterly conference call is the second to be rescheduled this year. In April, the company pushed its fiscal second quarter back one day as the timing conflicted with funeral services for longtime advisor and board member Bill Campbell.

For the fourth fiscal quarter, Apple is guiding for revenue between $45.5 billion and $47.5 billion, and gross margin between 37.5 percent and 38 percent. The company expects a tax rate of 25.5 percent.

AppleInsider will be covering Apple's conference call for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2016 live on Tuesday, Oct. 25, starting at 2 p.m. Pacific, 5 p.m. Eastern.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Does this mean that the 27th going to be the launch event for Macs and iPads?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    It is highly unlikely that Apple wouldn't of known a product release date when they set their earnings call. 
  • Reply 3 of 10
    It is highly unlikely that Apple wouldn't of known a product release date when they set their earnings call. 
    Not that unlikely. It's quite possible the product was intended to launch a week or two earlier, but something came up last minute and it slipped.

I think this is the first confirmation that there will be an October Announcement event, I'm guessing on the 11th (which we'll hear about tomorrow) or more likely the 18th.

I'm hoping for a new Macbook Pro!
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 4 of 10
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member

A Thursday doesn't seem likely for a launch event. Still, you never know.

Or it might mean the following Tuesday is the event (although that's not technically late October), and they need some time leading up to it for preparation.

Or they launch the preceding Tuesday, preorders that Friday, and ship on the 28th, and they want to keep the weekend clear. Unlikely for Macs, possible for iPads, but they're claiming early 2017 for the next update there.

Or maybe it's someone's birthday party? Retirement? Canadian Thanksgiving? Tim's parents are in town?

randominternetpersonoberpongo
  • Reply 5 of 10
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member
    Google and Amazon report on 27th...good move
    cali
  • Reply 6 of 10
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    25th is the first game of the World Series.
    No game on the 27th.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    damonfdamonf Posts: 229member
    Per my calendar, the previous 4 quarterly earnings calls fell on Tuesdays. And I don't recall the last time it was on some other day. It probably caused conflicts with the phone-in Wall Street analysts.  Perhaps Gene Munster was going to be on vacation that Thursday, so they rescheduled. ;)
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 8 of 10
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    This must mean that Apple is doomed! They're hiding something! /s
  • Reply 9 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    damonf said:
    Per my calendar, the previous 4 quarterly earnings calls fell on Tuesdays. And I don't recall the last time it was on some other day. It probably caused conflicts with the phone-in Wall Street analysts.  Perhaps Gene Munster was going to be on vacation that Thursday, so they rescheduled. ;)
    Bill Campbell's funeral. Did you read the story?