Google reveals Chromecast Ultra, Google WiFi, Daydream View VR; details Google Home

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    danvm said:

Still, looks like the growth of 4K TV's is very strong.
    I'm ducking before I write this but, you really don't need apostrophes in plurals! Would you write "I like red car's." or "Apple's grow on trees."? TVs are great for watching reruns of the 1980s. Ok, it's picky but grammar has its place!
    English is not my main language, and sometimes I miss details like this.  Thanks for pointing it out.
    Your English is very good. Many, many native English speakers/writers don't know how to use apostrophes - it just happens to one of my pet hates but I'm sure that I'll get some abuse for being so pedantic. Apostrophes are used to denote omission (let's) or possession (the dog's collar').
    big
  • Reply 42 of 44
    danvm said:
    fallenjt said:
    Still, looks like the growth of 4K TV's is very strong.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/05/25/4k-tvs-explode-new-research-shows-massive-sales-surge/

Google CC Ultra, Xbox One S, PS4 and Roku already offer 4K and HDR.  Apple TV lacks both features, even though is only a year old.  Maybe the ATV is upgradable, and Apple releases a firmware that enable 4K and HDR.  But if it isn't, then the ATV will be behind the competition in a very importante feature, image quality. 
    Most broadcasts are still in 720p/1080i area. 4K? Let's talki about it 2 years from now while the next version of Apple TV arrives.
    You don't have to wait 2YRS for 4K content.  Google/YouTube, Amazon Video and Netflix are already there.  And from the list of devices I listed, the Apple TV is the only one that don't have support.  This is a device released just a year ago.  IMO, there is no excuse for the ATV not supporting 4K.  

And what about the millions of us that don't live in an area where we can get wired internet at all?  We can't stream HD, much less 4K.  Apple will release 4K when there is enough regular over-the-air content that actually uses it.  Of course, we won't get one anyway, since we can't stream at all.  The only use for us would be to stream from our iPhones.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    danvmdanvm Posts: 1,409member
    goofy1958 said:

And what about the millions of us that don't live in an area where we can get wired internet at all?  We can't stream HD, much less 4K.  Apple will release 4K when there is enough regular over-the-air content that actually uses it.  Of course, we won't get one anyway, since we can't stream at all.  The only use for us would be to stream from our iPhones.
    You could choose the type of content you would see, 4K or 1080P.  Or Apple should keep the 3rd gen ATV as a low cost option for 1080P customers and the 4th gen for 4K customers.  I don't think that's to hard to do.  IMO, for Apple to have a device that goes to $200 without 4K+HDR is nonsense.  The Roku Ultra is $130, that's less than the entry 4th gen ATV.  The Xbox One S is $300 and includes an Ultra Blu-ray player and a $60 game.  Does it make sense to you the $200.00 ATV?