AT&T might halt Samsung Galaxy Note 7 sales due to safety risks, other carriers offer swaps

Comments

• Reply 21 of 63
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Rinsen said:
    Bull shit.y these people are creating such lies.i have used the old note 7 as well as the new safe note 7.i didnt get any issues.wonderfull phone.i phone 7 has lot of issues.but still they didnt have the gut to accept it.samsung did.thats da way a company should be.we salute samsung and always with them
    Why did you swap out the old one for a "safe" one if you're that confident? Yeah you did. 
    mainyehccaliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 63
    robjn said:
    A couple of weeks ago a Samsung phone actually caught fire DURING A FLIGHT.

The flight was Inigo flight 6E-054 from Singapore to Chennai.

The phone was a Note 2.

This was a much more serious incident than the one the one in the US since it happen while the flight was airborne! Somehow this incident got very little media attention.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37454436

Thanks!  Didn't hear about this one. 

Samsung's interest in little other than profit is repugnant. No regard for customer safety, much less the general public's. The Note 7 is a scourge & should be taken off the market before someone gets hurt. 

edited October 2016 caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 63
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    robjn said:
    A couple of weeks ago a Samsung phone actually caught fire DURING A FLIGHT.

The flight was Inigo flight 6E-054 from Singapore to Chennai.

The phone was a Note 2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37454436
    Feck me that sounds dangerous:

Passengers told the aircraft's cabin crew about smoke emerging from an overhead luggage compartment.

caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 63
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Rinsen said:
    Bull shit.y these people are creating such lies.i have used the old note 7 as well as the new safe note 7.i didnt get any issues.wonderfull phone.i phone 7 has lot of issues.but still they didnt have the gut to accept it.samsung did.thats da way a company should be.we salute samsung and always with them
    This is the funniest troll I've seen in a while. Bad English and grammar and now saluting Samsung? What issues does the new iPhone 7 have exactly? I think you need to hold off on the Kimchi-flavored kool-aid.
    calibaconstangpscooter63watto_cobragilly017
  • Reply 25 of 63
    esoomesoom Posts: 155member
    Rinsen said:
    What in the hell?  
    edited October 2016 calipscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 63
    Rinsen said:
    My ex's grandparents lived in Nazi Germany and weren't exterminated... These people creating such lies about the holocaust... see how completely devoid of logic your "logic" is?

And relating to Nazi Germany and blind obedience, what kind of Samsung salute did you have in mind?
    jkichlinecalibaconstangwatto_cobragilly017
  • Reply 27 of 63
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    I have to give Sammy some credit though... it certainly hasn't been a boring launch! It's provided hours of entertainment for me as I watch Samsung's stock plummet.

We really shouldn't have been surprised. Their commercials in the U.S. for the Note 7 featured Christoph Waltz, who played the leader of Sceptre in the Bond film of the same name. So it makes sense that Samsung wants to infiltrate our domestic lives with a device capable of death and destruction while also monitoring our digital communications through Android.
    calipscooter63watto_cobragilly017
  • Reply 28 of 63
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    anyone know what is the problem? none of the theory out there explain why it explode after charge, mostly, just sitting around... not during charge, firm ware update didn't help (charge up to 60%, 3xxx battery basically only used a bit more than half capacity), the phone on the airplane may experience pressure change, but with casing around, it can't deform  that much, unless the casing like soft packet (watch your potato chip bag inflated on airplane?  don't  open it...;-).learn from someone else mistake is priceless treat... anyone care to shin light? thx in advance...it just didn't make any sense with all the stuff they put out there...
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 63
    fallenjt said:
    Rinsen said:
    There's alway dumbass in a forum who doesn't understand that if the device doesn't explode in his face, it doesn't mean it'safe. You fucking idiot...your fucking Note 7 jeopardized lives of the entire fight!

Btw, learn how to write and use correct punctuation + spaces.

LOL... btw fallenjt, you do realize that you yourself :

➀ left out an 'a' before 'dumbass',
    ➁ omitted a space in "it'safe",
    ➂ mispunctuated 'it is' or misspelled 'safe',
    ➃ left out a space between 'idiot...your' then
    ➄ misspelled 'flight'...?

... your English lesson remark would've been much funnier if you'd proof-read your own...

And then there's also nolamacguy... who reports anyone calling others names in the forum, so there's that... I'd used the word 'moron' in a post & he whined about that. So you flinging its equivalents, ('idiot' & 'dumbass'), at Rinsen may possibly drive our resident Etiquette Police Chief completely insane. 

Otherwise, enjoyed your verve fallenjt. Being Rinsen was probably a troll, your smack-down made me laugh. 

baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 63
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Rinsen said:
    It hasn't affected me, therefore, it isn't a problem. Perfect logic there.

Also, please type properly.
    Probably a Korean national. Hard pill to swallow when your cultural honor is at stake. All your Note 7 are belong to us.
    edited October 2016 watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 63
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    Rinsen said:
    It hasn't affected me, therefore, it isn't a problem. Perfect logic there.

Also, please type properly.
    To be fair that logic is used on here every single time there is a reported issue with an Apple product.
  • Reply 32 of 63
    Rinsen said:
    we salute samsung and always with them
    Please hold your Note 7 in your hand and hold it close to your head as you do a slow salute... dare you.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 63
    jkichline said:
    Rinsen said:
    This is the funniest troll I've seen in a while. Bad English and grammar and now saluting Samsung? What issues does the new iPhone 7 have exactly? I think you need to hold off on the Kimchi-flavored kool-aid.
    Ha ha... Yeah, I think he sees the iPhone 7 lacking Note 7's Combustibility Feature as an issue. Samsung should apply stickers now to screens so customers know what to expect: "Flash Inside"...
    edited October 2016 caliwatto_cobraroake
  • Reply 34 of 63
    Might?
  • Reply 35 of 63
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    Rinsen said:
    I realise you are just a (probably paid) troll and, therefore, don't expect a rational serious conversation, or even a reply.

However, why do you respect a company that shows zero respect for you - not for your money, and not for your safety? It's a serious question and I truly am interested in the answer. I see only disrespectful, deceitful lying theives whose only motivation seems to be to make a ton of money by any means possible. They have a long history of stealing patented ideas from other companies and showing scant regard for employee or customer safety. Why do you salute such a wicked company? I don't get it.
    calipscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 63
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    I returned my note 7 two days ago, slightly because I wanted to not be scarred by hot lava but mostly because the new Google Pixel phone is calling me  Perfect timing. 

Perfect timing. Crappy phone.
    calibaconstangperkedelwatto_cobramatrix077
  • Reply 37 of 63
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    I returned my note 7 two days ago, slightly because I wanted to not be scarred by hot lava but mostly because the new Google Pixel phone is calling me  Perfect timing. 
    Why the frack should I care, why are you here's?
    caliBlunttmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 63
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    foggyhill said:
    Why the frack should I care, why are you here's?

He is here to proof that Google is not competing with the iPhone at all. I bet Samsung will be really pissed about that Pixel thing. Enjoy the Android war!
    caliperkedelbaconstangwatto_cobragilly017
  • Reply 39 of 63
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Great. You traded in one iPhone knockoff for the biggest iPhone knockoff ever. Smart guy.
    Bluntperkedelpscooter63anton zuykovmatrix077watto_cobragilly017
  • Reply 40 of 63
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Rinsen said:
    Typical combination one-post troll/Samsung shill.  His 3rd-grade grammar and spelling skills obviously tells more.

jfc1138watto_cobra