AT&T might halt Samsung Galaxy Note 7 sales due to safety risks, other carriers offer swaps

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    sflocal said:
    Rinsen said:
    Bull shit.y these people are creating such lies.i have used the old note 7 as well as the new safe note 7.i didnt get any issues.wonderfull phone.i phone 7 has lot of issues.but still they didnt have the gut to accept it.samsung did.thats da way a company should be.we salute samsung and always with them
    Typical combination one-post troll/Samsung shill.  His 3rd-grade grammar and spelling skills obviously tells more.

Maby his note 7 was getting quite hot and he had to type really fast?
    macseekerstarwarsanton zuykovwatto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 63
    Samsung will probably end up being a management case study in business schools around the world.

The recurring theme is that in order to create a sense of urgency, senior management has caused the company to repeatedly rush with haste, cutting corners to get a product out the door so it reviews well and is crafted to influence the buying decision, not the actual use of the product.

- worker safety violations
    - deliberate IP theft & copying
    - paid reviews and paid trolls
    - government bribery
    - rushed & incomplete features to grab headlines
    - exploding washing machines & phone batteries
    - apparently botched battery recall

it bears similarities to KALs safety woes a number of years ago, which were rooted in South Korean cultural power structures.

KAL eventually addressed this effectively, in part by requiring aircrew to converse in English , which defused some of the indirect cultural deference, and led to more fact based , rational discourse between superiors and subordinates.

They became a much safer & much better airline for it.

I'm not sure Samsung is capable of making such a change.
    baconstanglostkiwibrucemcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 63
    kmareikmarei Posts: 185member
    All you Apple fanboys just can't stand the fact that Samsung thought of an original idea, that Apple never thought of.
    exploding phones

i bet bet when Apple adds this to the iPhone 8, you will all say only Apple could perfect this and how the exploding iPhone 8s are so much sleeker, and make a classier explosion than the exploding Note 7s
    tallest skilbaconstanggilly017
  • Reply 44 of 63
    kmarei said:
    All you Apple fanboys just can't stand the fact that Samsung thought of an original idea, that Apple never thought of.
    exploding phones
    It sure won't look good for Samsung advertising the S8.

"And we've made it completely waterproof!"
    "Yeah? So how will I put the fire out?!"
    1stpscooter63lostkiwijfc1138Bluntwatto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 63
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    fallenjt said:
    Rinsen said:
    Bull shit.y these people are creating such lies.i have used the old note 7 as well as the new safe note 7.i didnt get any issues.wonderfull phone.i phone 7 has lot of issues.but still they didnt have the gut to accept it.samsung did.thats da way a company should be.we salute samsung and always with them
    There's alway dumbass in a forum who doesn't understand that if the device doesn't explode in his face, it doesn't mean it'safe. You fucking idiot...your fucking Note 7 jeopardized lives of the entire fight!

Btw, learn how to write and use correct punctuation + spaces.

LOL... btw fallenjt, you do realize that you yourself :

➀ left out an 'a' before 'dumbass',
    ➁ omitted a space in "it'safe",
    ➂ mispunctuated 'it is' or misspelled 'safe',
    ➃ left out a space between 'idiot...your' then
    ➄ misspelled 'flight'...?

... your English lesson remark would've been much funnier if you'd proof-read your own...

And then there's also nolamacguy... who reports anyone calling others names in the forum, so there's that... I'd used the word 'moron' in a post & he whined about that. So you flinging its equivalents, ('idiot' & 'dumbass'), at Rinsen may possibly drive our resident Etiquette Police Chief completely insane. 

Otherwise, enjoyed your verve fallenjt. Being Rinsen was probably a troll, your smack-down made me laugh. 

At least I gave you a good laugh! I'm happy that you proofread my post and brought up whoever that AI informant is to report me cuz I ain't give the shit. I had over 3000 posts in here, Mr. Freshman and most of them had profanity and cusses. I just love to insult trollers, Samsung sheep and Fandroids...like Trump on woman subjects!
    Btw, there's no single quote '    ' in English sentences.
    edited October 2016 gilly017
  • Reply 46 of 63
    Rinsen said:

"Earlier today, firefighters in Suwon, South Korea recovered a Galaxy Note7 among the charred remains of one Kyung Seok Rinsen."

"It was later determined that Mr Rinsen, software engineer at Samsung, was responsible for remote detonations of numerous Galaxy Note 7s in efforts to wound nearby Apple iPhone owners."

"Mr Rinsen's
     own 
    Note 7 inadvertently exploded while saluting his Samsung boot-up screen."

• Reply 47 of 63
    macseeker said:
    I don't listen from Koreans that are fandroids and spell incorrectly.
    macseeker said:
    (...)
    Hey, if Apple comes out with an iPhone that's just as dangerous, my opinion is the same.  Life is just too precious to loose.
    Well written! Life is just too precious to lose...  ;)
    Gawd, spell check lied to me.  Thank you.
  • Reply 48 of 63
    ronnronn Posts: 661member
    Another fire in Taiwan (although she carried it in her back pocket, probably sat on it several times and caused damage).

Now a fire in Minnesota with a 13 y.o. victim.

All the carriers need to halt/end sales. Sammy should do the right thing and pull the Note 7 itself. But given their slow response to the initial problems, they won't do the right thing.
    baconstangstarwarswatto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 63
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Rinsen said:
    It hasn't affected me, therefore, it isn't a problem. Perfect logic there.

Also, please type properly.
    You haven't been paying attention. That is the very logic used by many here whenever there's a reported problem with an Apple device. 
    singularity
  • Reply 50 of 63
    ronn said:
    All the carriers need to halt/end sales. Sammy should do the right thing and pull the Note 7 itself.
    According to the Samesung fans, "Sammy" already had done the right thing... (albeit, they fracked it up, and the gov-t had to stepped in, for starters....)
    All units were recalled and fixed and now they are all safe... (except, they were not).
    sigh...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 51 of 63

edited October 2016 crossladanton zuykovwatto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 63

• Reply 53 of 63

FAA prepares airlines for Note7 v3...

• Reply 54 of 63
    Rinsen said:
    It hasn't affected me, therefore, it isn't a problem. Perfect logic there.

Also, please type properly.
    You haven't been paying attention. That is the very logic used by many here whenever there's a reported problem with an Apple device. 

Yeah.. because reported problems of Apple devices never been exaggerated. Bet you still think all iPhone 6 are bended. 
    edited October 2016 anton zuykovwatto_cobra
  • Reply 55 of 63
    roakeroake Posts: 814member
    fallenjt said:
    fallenjt said:
    Rinsen said:
    There's alway dumbass in a forum who doesn't understand that if the device doesn't explode in his face, it doesn't mean it'safe. You fucking idiot...your fucking Note 7 jeopardized lives of the entire fight!

Btw, learn how to write and use correct punctuation + spaces.

LOL... btw fallenjt, you do realize that you yourself :

➀ left out an 'a' before 'dumbass',
    ➁ omitted a space in "it'safe",
    ➂ mispunctuated 'it is' or misspelled 'safe',
    ➃ left out a space between 'idiot...your' then
    ➄ misspelled 'flight'...?

... your English lesson remark would've been much funnier if you'd proof-read your own...

And then there's also nolamacguy... who reports anyone calling others names in the forum, so there's that... I'd used the word 'moron' in a post & he whined about that. So you flinging its equivalents, ('idiot' & 'dumbass'), at Rinsen may possibly drive our resident Etiquette Police Chief completely insane. 

Otherwise, enjoyed your verve fallenjt. Being Rinsen was probably a troll, your smack-down made me laugh. 

At least I gave you a good laugh! I'm happy that you proofread my post and brought up whoever that AI informant is to report me cuz I ain't give the shit. I had over 3000 posts in here, Mr. Freshman and most of them had profanity and cusses. I just love to insult trollers, Samsung sheep and Fandroids...like Trump on woman subjects!
    Btw, there's no single quote '    ' in English sentences.
    "Except when using 'nested' quotes..."
  • Reply 56 of 63
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    1st said:
    anyone know what is the problem? none of the theory out there explain why it explode after charge, mostly, just sitting around... not during charge, firm ware update didn't help (charge up to 60%, 3xxx battery basically only used a bit more than half capacity), the phone on the airplane may experience pressure change, but with casing around, it can't deform  that much, unless the casing like soft packet (watch your potato chip bag inflated on airplane?  don't  open it...;-).learn from someone else mistake is priceless treat... anyone care to shin light? thx in advance...it just didn't make any sense with all the stuff they put out there...
    It is probably due to the greatest Android feature that fandroids claim superior to iPhone, multi-tasking even in the background.  There may be some apps these exploded Note 7 phones are playing in the background.  The apps drained the battery too fast causing overheating.  May be it is not apps but some process Samsung built into the Note 7 to make it looks better than its other phones.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 58 of 63
    tzeshan said:
    It is probably due to the greatest Android feature that fandroids claim superior to iPhone, multi-tasking even in the background.  There may be some apps these exploded Note 7 phones are playing in the background.  The apps drained the battery too fast causing overheating. 
    Absolute and utter nonsense...

Background activity takes up about 10% of what foreground processes can get in terms of CPU time... That is why they are called BACKGROUND activities.

In other words, if what you suggested is true, then Note7 should be overheating and exploding even more often, when simply playing a game or some other CPU/GPU intensive task, because that will draw a LOT MORE current from the battery, than it could possibly get while in background...and that should have happened en masse by now.
    However, that is not happening, which suggests that this assumption is wrong.

Whoever came up with this (cough) theory:
    1) doesn't know how Android OS works;
    2) is keen on deflecting the blame from Samesung failure toward Android by all means possible...;
    3) Suffers from the lack of at least a bit of common sense.

Real reasons why Note7 ordeal happened are:
    1). Bad business practices by Samesung:
    1.1 recall that appears to have led to the same "explosive" product that it was designed to remove from the "shelves"
    1.2 Denying or making a problem appear smaller than it is.
    1.3 Slow response regarding recall effort.
    2). Lack of Q control at Samesung division that manufactured batteries.
    gilly017
  • Reply 59 of 63
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    ronn said:
    All the carriers need to halt/end sales. Sammy should do the right thing and pull the Note 7 itself.
    According to the Samesung fans, "Sammy" already had done the right thing... (albeit, they fracked it up, and the gov-t had to stepped in, for starters....)
    All units were recalled and fixed and now they are all safe... (except, they were not).
    sigh...
    Except the one on Southwest Airline...that was a replacement one.
  • Reply 60 of 63
    1st1st Posts: 443member

playing in the background.  The apps drained the battery too fast causing overheating. 

Real reasons why Note7 ordeal happened are:

2). Lack of Q control at Samesung division that manufactured batteries.
    1. the background thoery is most un likely.
    2. there is not enough QC control can fix marginal design.  Design for quality and inspection should catch the fault.  if it is 3rd party software induced (app, as suggested by 1.), design hardware should be add precaution to prevent overheat -  temp sensor or current limiting diode for example to shut down battery before it explode... none of explaination hold water IMHO.