Inside macOS Sierra: Apple's Optimized Storage and management features

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    bill42 said:
    Being that cloud storage syncing has messed up my iTunes library and my photo library several times in the past, this technology terrifies me.
    No thanks!!!

You sound like my kids.  Add "terrified" to the list of needlessly neutered words, I suppose.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Soli said:
    Dual factor authentication would not fix that problem. 
    You're right, 2FA doesn't resolve issues when the hackers have access to 2 or more factors for authentication, like a physical device.
    Excellent point.  People sometimes forget that the (most common) 2 factors are "something you know" (e.g., your password/pin) and "something you have" (e.g., your phone).  We need to think through various scenarios--including theft of phones, computers, backup devices--to make sure we have robust security practices.  Unfortunately, it's a complicated topic that's rapidly evolving which most of us have no formal training in.  So, Soli, thanks for your clear-headed contributions to this discussion.
    Solipaxman
  • Reply 23 of 25
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Soli said:
    paxman said:
    I am curious though, what do you mean by a very secure iCloud account? Do you just mean that you use two step verification and 'difficult' password? or is there something more?
    • Extremely strong password becaue it's an internet-facing account that hold so much personal data
    • Password unique to that account
    • 2FA
    • Notifcations of access attempts (if that's possible to set up. I forget)
    • Answers to personal questinons and birthday purposely inaccurate (in other words, the questions are a key to the get the correct answer generated randomly)
    • Check
    • Must do
    • 2FA?
    • I think that is integrated
    • I like that one - wrong birthdate :) Must implement

• Reply 24 of 25
    I let iCloud optimize the in this post. As can see is very and . It is so to have such in today's
  • Reply 25 of 25
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    paxman said:
    Soli said:
    paxman said:
    I am curious though, what do you mean by a very secure iCloud account? Do you just mean that you use two step verification and 'difficult' password? or is there something more?
    • Extremely strong password becaue it's an internet-facing account that hold so much personal data
    • Password unique to that account
    • 2FA
    • Notifcations of access attempts (if that's possible to set up. I forget)
    • Answers to personal questinons and birthday purposely inaccurate (in other words, the questions are a key to the get the correct answer generated randomly)
    • Check
    • Must do
    • 2FA?
    • I think that is integrated
    • I like that one - wrong birthdate :) Must implemen
    https://www.turnon2fa.com/tutorials/how-to-turn-on-2fa-for-apple-icloud/