Kanye West blames conflict between Apple Music & Tidal for missing projects

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    volcan said:
    markiezyy said:
    People hate Kanye, but there is no denying that Kanye with the Apple platform would be huge for both. 
    I'm not a big gangster rap fan. iTunes store used to have a lot of those types of artists prominently featured on the main page but not so much lately, which makes sense since rapper's typical hate filled, vulgar lyrics are in stark contrast to Apple culture.
    Kanye is NOT gangsta rap to begin with and what's iTunes? Apple Music is built on mainstream artist and Kanye is the biggest mainstream artist out there besides Drake. Just ask Larry Jackson...He, himself is a huge fan and has been spotted at Kanye concerts...
    edited October 2016 Roger_Fingascalicornchip
  • Reply 22 of 58
    bdkennedy said:
    F this loser.
    Agreed. He doesn't even know what he's talking about, and it's his own record. The Kanye/Jay Z version of "Pop style" was released as a single concurrently with another single, "One dance." Both singles were available in the iTunes Store and streaming on Apple Music. Both versions of "Pop style" are still available for streaming and purchase. The Drake solo version is superior, actually. The single version has like literally three or four words from Jay Z, and a short, incoherent verse from Kanye. I wouldn't have put it on my album either.
  • Reply 23 of 58
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    I think what he is trying to say is the system is rigged.
    greginnj
  • Reply 24 of 58
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    markiezyy said:
    Apple Music is built on mainstream artist and Kanye is the biggest mainstream artist out there besides Drake. 
    Sorry, I guess I'm out of touch. Never listened to either of those artists nor have I listened to Apple Music. I just figured if you look like a bad ass gangster and talk like a bad ass gangster then you probably are one.
    edited October 2016 wonkothesane
  • Reply 25 of 58
    holyoneholyone Posts: 398member
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    Lets not even talk about the article. This loser deserves no attentionl

Who likes pancakes vs waffles?
    Curious , What has Kanye ever done to you for you to have the right to call him a looser when his worth millions ? What have you done that's so great ?
    being rich does not make you a winner.
    Just means you convinced many losers to give you money.
    I feel the racism that has come to define America all the way from here, I asked you what he did to you personally I get that you don't like the guy which is fine many people's here don't by the dislikes, the article isn't about Kanye west as a person but Kanye west as an artist which I'm sure you'd go to extreme lengths to prove he isn't one, that'll just show he isn't one to you which again is fine he's not supposed to be fist and for most Kanye is a musician becoz he,s a black musicians doesn't give any one her the authority to treat his valid points that he makes sometimes as though he less than a person to be treated like a sub human on base that you dislike him or his music which is loved by may people, my self included I take great offence to the comments on this article all you two faced liberalist privileged snotty racist presenting yourselves as some holier than thought "rap music is for thugs and everybody who listens to it are idiots or gangsters", the comments he was making were about music and things happening behind closed doors that non of us are prey too, I get many here care very little for the artist at tidal which is ok but Apple products aren't only bought by wight or "asian" people who listen to cold play or Taylor swift or what ever, some of us would love a deal like the young money deal like the drake deal. To show how racist you all are here, that Apple buying a company that has many Black artists who sell a lot of records is treated with such disdain regurdless of the business sence it would make and Apple isnt called out for it, all because you can't stand things Kanye does outside what he'd be involved with at apple, apple music, as a musician. If you don't like him don't listen don't follow his tweets ( actually don't follow his tweets) but before anything els too us black people Kanye is a great musician perhaps not his resent stuff but his earlier stuff 's amazing so a little cutercy when in a public forums, not every one is like you or feel the same way you do, just as mentioning Hillary or Trump would evoke irrational emotions, for the very same resons
  • Reply 26 of 58
    volcan said:
    markiezyy said:
    Apple Music is built on mainstream artist and Kanye is the biggest mainstream artist out there besides Drake. 
    Sorry, I guess I'm out of touch. Never listened to either of those artists nor have I listened to Apple Music. I just figured if you look like a bad ass gangster and talk like a bad ass gangster then you probably are one.
    That's a very intelligent way to rationalize reality congratulations
    greginnj
  • Reply 27 of 58
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

Curious , What has Kanye ever done to you for you to have the right to call him a looser when his worth millions ? What have you done that's so great ?
    dude is an attention whore.
    many times at the expense of decent people.

if he just shut up and did his music, I would respect that.
    but he is constantly saying stupid and classless things.

I see no reason why i need to read about him on an Apple site
    Oh for a second there I thought you were describing yourself, funny how deferent are reflections are to us when looking in the mirror
  • Reply 28 of 58
    Soli said:
    sog35 said:

Hmmm, let's see, the guy is worth $142 million, he has got a nice bubble butt woman in his arms and they're making beautiful babies...  
    Even AI is writing about him.

When you think about it, you can't seriously call him a loser.

[image]
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

Why can't you have an opinion about someone based on their words and action? Being wealthy shouldn't have a bearing on whether you think he's a loser or not as such a term is defined by the person.

Personally, I don't think he's a loser, but I think he's a huge asshole. I could list examples to support my opinion, as well as counters that show he's a decent human being. I'm also a fan of music. I think his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album from 2010 is the best album of the 21st century; yet, I think he's a douchnozzle.
    Twisted Fantasy was beyond, I think if he just kept his mouth shut he'd be doing his music a big favor, all his tweeter ramblings distract from his purpose and invites all this racially charged and misguided invective from people who' s disposition just escalate the situation beyond the necessary limit of "I don't like his music full stop or I like his music full stop" now we are all ingaging in predudice exposing and counterproductive shade throwing which further distract from a good point that he was making
    Soli
  • Reply 29 of 58
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    sog35 said:

Orrrrr.... we could talk about this until it becomes East Coast vs West Coast 2016. Someone start thinking up hand gestures for Apple Music and Tidal.
    greginnj
  • Reply 30 of 58
    sog35 said:

Blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup, not that Aunt Jemima corn syrup laden garbage.
  • Reply 31 of 58
    The Sun clearly needs his approval to rise...or so he thinks.
    wonkothesanewatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 58
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

I feel the racism that has come to define America all the way from here, I asked you what he did to you personally I get that you don't like the guy which is fine many people's here don't by the dislikes, the article isn't about Kanye west as a person but Kanye west as an artist which I'm sure you'd go to extreme lengths to prove he isn't one, that'll just show he isn't one to you which again is fine he's not supposed to be fist and for most Kanye is a musician becoz he,s a black musicians doesn't give any one her the authority to treat his valid points that he makes sometimes as though he less than a person to be treated like a sub human on base that you dislike him or his music which is loved by may people, my self included I take great offence to the comments on this article all you two faced liberalist privileged snotty racist presenting yourselves as some holier than thought "rap music is for thugs and everybody who listens to it are idiots or gangsters", the comments he was making were about music and things happening behind closed doors that non of us are prey too, I get many here care very little for the artist at tidal which is ok but Apple products aren't only bought by wight or "asian" people who listen to cold play or Taylor swift or what ever, some of us would love a deal like the young money deal like the drake deal. To show how racist you all are here, that Apple buying a company that has many Black artists who sell a lot of records is treated with such disdain regurdless of the business sence it would make and Apple isnt called out for it, all because you can't stand things Kanye does outside what he'd be involved with at apple, apple music, as a musician. If you don't like him don't listen don't follow his tweets ( actually don't follow his tweets) but before anything els too us black people Kanye is a great musician perhaps not his resent stuff but his earlier stuff 's amazing so a little cutercy when in a public forums, not every one is like you or feel the same way you do, just as mentioning Hillary or Trump would evoke irrational emotions, for the very same resons
    Why don't I like Kanye?

He tried to steal the spotlight from Taylor Swift when she won an award. So classless and flatout stupid. What a way to spoil a persons special moment.

And every time I hear about him in the news he's doing something stupid or saying something stupid. Just some examples:

"Like, I'm just giving up my body on the stage; I'm putting my life at risk, literally!" 

"God chose me. He mad a path for me. I am God's vessel."

"Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph"

"There's certain things that black people are the best at and certain things white people are the best at. Whatever we as black people are the best at, I'm'a go get that. Like, on Christmas, I don't but any food that tastes white. And when I go to purchase a house I don't want my credit to look black"

"I've never done a publicity stunt in my life. Anytime I went up and spoke my mind it was always what I thought was the truth."

"I hate when I'm on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me, like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle."

"My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform."

This has nothing to do with racism.
    Again what does that have to do with his music ? That would be the full extent of his relationship with Apple, how come no one brought up things that had nothing to do with her music when Taylor got her Apple deal or drake ? Look I don't condone that Taylor insident which he apologized for but I know no one cares not even that beyonce who Kanye was defending agave Taylor here moment when she was on stage, but since people like bringing it up let me decode it for you beyonce in that moment represented black artists and Taylor regrettably represented whight artis who continuosely are unfairly recognized by the Grammy above black artist as modern black music in large is thought of as less or inferior to whight music rap in many ways in the epitomy of black thoughts what we think what we feel what we go through on a daly base and unless you are facing something similar it's imposible to be able to relate to it, to most rap is about gangsters and how much money and woman you have and Offcause calling wemen bitchies but that's just superficial to help make the real deep cutting things more palatable so when Kanye stood up and grabbed the mic from an incredibly talented and amazing young female artist who just hapened to whight to bring attetion to the serouse issues at hand only showed the desparation felt. It was misguided and unkind and inexcusable but that's what he felt he neede to do, to lay his name on the line and bear all the hate that you feel still but consider this, how is it that Taylor swift , Adele , Amy winehouse and even beyonce have all won 5 Grammy each for single albums that they've produced and no male black or whight has ever gotten? is this the true reflection of music ? Are thes woman that good ?really? Or is just better to award them as it makes the hole organization look good and remaine relevant. People love to sell them selves as no being racist by confusing rasicm with preduce, just because you aren't predudice doesnt mean you aren't racist, to be racist is to lack the ability to relate and understand those who are different from you in which ever way the difference presents it self
  • Reply 33 of 58
    og35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

Why don't I like Kanye?

He tried to steal the spotlight from Taylor Swift when she won an award. So classless and flatout stupid. What a way to spoil a persons special moment.

And every time I hear about him in the news he's doing something stupid or saying something stupid. Just some examples:

"Like, I'm just giving up my body on the stage; I'm putting my life at risk, literally!" 

"Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph"

"There's certain things that black people are the best at and certain things white people are the best at. Whatever we as black people are the best at, I'm'a go get that. Like, on Christmas, I don't but any food that tastes white. And when I go to purchase a house I don't want my credit to look black"

"I've never done a publicity stunt in my life. Anytime I went up and spoke my mind it was always what I thought was the truth."

"I hate when I'm on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me, like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle."

The water bottle comment is priceless.
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 34 of 58
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

Why don't I like Kanye?

Again what does that have to do with his music ? That would be the full extent of his relationship with Apple, how come no one brought up things that had nothing to do with her music when Taylor got her Apple deal or drake ? Look I don't condone that Taylor insident which he apologized for but I know no one cares not even that beyonce who Kanye was defending agave Taylor here moment when she was on stage, but since people like bringing it up let me decode it for you beyonce in that moment represented black artists and Taylor regrettably represented whight artis who continuosely are unfairly recognized by the Grammy above black artist as modern black music in large is thought of as less or inferior to whight music rap in many ways in the epitomy of black thoughts what we think what we feel what we go through on a daly base and unless you are facing something similar it's imposible to be able to relate to it, to most rap is about gangsters and how much money and woman you have and Offcause calling wemen bitchies but that's just superficial to help make the real deep cutting things more palatable so when Kanye stood up and grabbed the mic from an incredibly talented and amazing young female artist who just hapened to whight to bring attetion to the serouse issues at hand only showed the desparation felt. It was misguided and unkind and inexcusable but that's what he felt he neede to do, to lay his name on the line and bear all the hate that you feel still but consider this, how is it that Taylor swift , Adele , Amy winehouse and even beyonce have all won 5 Grammy each for single albums that they've produced and no male black or whight has ever gotten? is this the true reflection of music ? Are thes woman that good ?really? Or is just better to award them as it makes the hole organization look good and remaine relevant. People love to sell them selves as no being racist by confusing rasicm with preduce, just because you aren't predudice doesnt mean you aren't racist, to be racist is to lack the ability to relate and understand those who are different from you in which ever way the difference presents it self

Bloody hell you talk a lot of shit.
    entropyscornchip
  • Reply 35 of 58
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

Oh for a second there I thought you were describing yourself, funny how deferent are reflections are to us when looking in the mirror
    but there are no articles about me on AppleInsider

When did I ever say something classless about a person?
    That's because you haven't achieved the things he has I know you think those things are worthless and not worthy of recognition that's fine you live in a world of choice where you like what you do and don't get called name for it and clearly you wright your own articles, one of which you don't seem to remember got you kicked out of this very forum you're on but that's cool, my point is Kanye is not Kanye for things he says or does he is who he is because he's one of the greatest artist of his generation and you're free to disagree , but there's plenty of evidence to that fact, this conversation being one
  • Reply 36 of 58
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

Why don't I like Kanye?

dude, I'm not even white.

My opinion is West says a bunch of stupid things. That's why I don't care to hear about him on an Apple site. That's my opinion and all your accusations of me being a racist is a waste of time.
    I never called you white, the reason he' on the site is because he is a musician a business that Apple is heavily involved in and as such he and Apple have had some dealings that's what the article is about
  • Reply 37 of 58
    Blunt said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

Why don't I like Kanye?

Bloody hell you talk a lot of shit.
    Talk to me when you have over twenty post till then enjoy trolling
  • Reply 38 of 58
    sog35 said:

Blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup, not that Aunt Jemima corn syrup laden garbage.
    The fact that the maple syrup has to be real (and from Vermont; sorry Canada!) is understood, regardless of whether we're talking pancakes or waffles.
    tallest skilEsquireCatsSpamSandwichcornchip
  • Reply 39 of 58
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:
    holyone said:
    sog35 said:

but there are no articles about me on AppleInsider

When did I ever say something classless about a person?
    That's because you haven't achieved the things he has I know you think those things are worthless and not worthy of recognition that's fine you live in a world of choice where you like what you do and don't get called name for it and clearly you wright your own articles, one of which you don't seem to remember got you kicked out of this very forum you're on but that's cool, my point is Kanye is not Kanye for things he says or does he is who he is because he's one of the greatest artist of his generation and you're free to disagree , but there's plenty of evidence to that fact, this conversation being one
    So just because West is a great artist (debatable) I can't dislike him for saying stupid things?

Are you some type of PR person for West? I mean seriously, just stop already.

You write like some AI computer.
    You keep referencing things that have nothing to do with the point I'm raising and reframing them to avoid the truth I never said you can't dislike him I just take offense in you're attempts to invalidate his music because you don't like it, which you don't have to, no one is saying you should like him, but he's done enough in music to be who he is and I agree with you he says a lot of stupid things but to many he also makes good music which is how he's being referenced in the article as a musician who has had some dealings with Apple and spoke about them, how is an article about that then not worth posting, all the comment you and others then made were not about the contents of the article but about youre dislike for him outside the topic of the article as though the article containe no pertinent to AI just because it involes k west which led to my comments
  • Reply 40 of 58
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Why do I hear "we're losing so let's get along" subliminally sprinkled in Kanye's words?

Also Did two people in this forum actually call Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album of the century?
    It didn't even reach Lady Gaga levels.