Best way to show/explain keynote to a busy switcher

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A friend of mine is a very busy marketing professional who runs his own buisness, a potential switcher. Keynote looks like a great program and combined with the new 12" PB i think i can finnaly explain to him why his son and I both use macs.

What would be the best way to go about doing this?

He really only uses Powerpoint and AOL (and not very well I should add)... I really think that Steve's demo of keynote would be a good thing to show...

what else? How would i show just that part of the keynote?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    <a href="http://www.apple.com/keynote/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/keynote/</a>; has a series of QT clips that show off several keynote features.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    they dont have broadband... I should burn a CD of a bunch of stuff and give it to him

Apple should pull an aol and put demos of OS X (for windows and OS 9) on CDs and give them away at Comp USA and the like

put demonstrations of keynote, other apps, and the hardware and compare them to the equivalents on windows (os 9)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>they dont have broadband... I should burn a CD of a bunch of stuff and give it to him

Apple should pull an aol and put demos of OS X (for windows and OS 9) on CDs and give them away at Comp USA and the like

put demonstrations of keynote, other apps, and the hardware and compare them to the equivalents on windows (os 9)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not a bad idea.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Keynote is nice and all but it's not a replacement for Powerpoint. Maybe it will be someday. It says 1.0 but it seems beta feature wise.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott:

<strong>Keynote is nice and all but it's not a replacement for Powerpoint. Maybe it will be someday. It says 1.0 but it seems beta feature wise.</strong><hr></blockquote>

well he will still use ppnt as im sure he will buy (who am I kidding, share the copy me and his son invested in) office

I am planning on showing him keynote as an extension to ppnt also as an example of what can be made for the mac...