Who Else is Still at Macworld?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm still here, even though there's very little left to do. I'm posting from one of the eMacs in the Internet terminal, and I'm spending a good amount of time here. I feel I'm entitled to it -- this $200 User Conference badge must be good for something other than the keynote. I hate to fill this forum with such a thread, btw, but Temporary Insanity is already gone.

Big Mac at MW

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    You have just demonstrated one of the possible reasons Apple is pulling out of the MacWorld expos. There isn't so much of an incentive to spend oodles of money. Other developers are already going this route.

Anyhow, did you get to play with the new PowerBooks? What do you think of them?

Did many developers have booths or demos that are worthy of note in your opinion?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    what does go on for 5 days? This is the first year I have payed close attention, and am wondering what you do for 5 days.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    big macbig mac Posts: 480member
    Now that I'm back in my temporary surroundings, I'll elaborate on my previous comments. The keynote was worth attending -- solid but not spectacular. I don't know if I can justify the expenditure on any type of regular basis, however. It is certainly worth it to get exhibit floor access.

As far as the new PBs are concerned, they are solid products. Their keyboards are quite nice, but I'm not as satisfied with their trackpads (although that could just be bias in favor of my iBook 466). Significantly, the 12" PB (nee iBook G4) produces a lot of heat. The wrist rests felt pretty hot indeed, and this machine was simply sitting at the Finder. It felt as hot as my iBook gets, perhaps hotter, when there is constant CD access, so I'm guessing this model will really cook when it is spinning a CD. The 17" felt much cooler, but, of course, it has a lot more surface area surrounding the wrists. Speaking of the space surrounding the keyboard, there is obviously a lot of it -- like the 14" iBook has. The speakers on the 17" are large, but I didn't get to hear their output.