Football fans can stream Super Bowl 51 live with Fox Sports Go on iOS, Apple TV

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Holy cow. What a game.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    We used this and quality of the picture and audio was phenomenal via the app, way better than our local cable HD feed.  However, for the entire first half there were no ads whatsoever just a Fox logo for five minutes each break.  Then after half time the feed totally went down for a few minutes.  When it came back all the ads were shown in every break.  I have to think someone discovered they had the set up wrong and fixed it.  I wonder if Fox is paying out refunds to advertisers for the first half and if the person responsible for the screw up got the bill?  ;)
  • Reply 23 of 24
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    MacPro said:
    We used this and quality of the picture and audio was phenomenal via the app, way better than our local cable HD feed.  However, for the entire first half there were no ads whatsoever just a Fox logo for five minutes each break.  Then after half time the feed totally went down for a few minutes.  When it came back all the ads were shown in every break.  I have to think someone discovered they had the set up wrong and fixed it.  I wonder if Fox is paying out refunds to advertisers for the first half and if the person responsible for the screw up got the bill?  ;)
    That must be a localized error. I got all the ads through the whole game. And there were a few local ads sprinkled in, their feed was clearly tailored for local markets.

The picture was better than my local OTA broadcast.

Very pleased, hopefully this will be the new normal. Whoever broadcasts the Super Bowl will stream it via their app.

I'd be even happier when the NFL can offer a streaming package like the rest of the major American sports.