iMac seen on TV/Movies

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Not sure if a thread like this has already been circulating. It's not a new machine by any means but it still stands out when I see it on TV or in the movies. Especially the iMac's chrome neck really distinguishes it from the typical PC.

Anyways, I noticed on the trailer to the new movie, Ten ways to lose a Man with Kate Hudson using an iMac.

I think it's on the Drew Carey show too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    Buffy uses it at her desk as aN advisor to students at Sunnydale High. She has been using it all season since the second episode or something like that.

Can't believe I forgot that n up there.

[ 02-07-2003: Message edited by: jpp1cd ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 28
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    PTD (Penn Tele Data) a popular ISP in PENNSYLVANIA...for the slow person...or foreign

...uses a mac in every shot...they ahve 9, and even 10...titanitum, puck mouse, i think CRT imac too
  • Reply 3 of 28
    20/20 uses an iMac too.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Dark Angel has (had): G4 Cube, Cinema Display, Pismo, and Titanium PowerBook. The Cube and Cinema Display got blown up in the third-to-last episode by a bunch of NSA bastards.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    The Recruit uses a 22" cinema
  • Reply 6 of 28
    I've seen two iMac CRT's on "Smallville" in the high school newspaper room. Also, the trailers for Steve Martin's new movie "Bringing Down The House" shows Steve sitting at a desk with a Powerbook. Have to look quick to see it, though.

--I'm new here, so I'm not sure how to post properly.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    On "24" a couple of nights ago, one of the characters put a G4 Power Mac on the table, popped the side open, and removed the hard drive (stealing evidence/data). A fairly practical demonstration of one of Apple's coolest hardware features ever.

I was ROTFL, especially since I had just installed a new hard drive in a G4 minitower myself earlier in the day.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    NBC's Ed uses TiBooks and new iMacs. Good Morning Miami...Jake uses a Powerbook (He replaced the Dell that the previous producer of the show had there before.)
  • Reply 9 of 28
    Boston Public has a TiBook, and on Fastlane they have an iMac, flat panel and TiBook.

[ 02-07-2003: Message edited by: Mac Man 020581 ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 28
    I know this is going to sound kiddy but I never seen so many Macs used in a movie before then all the ones they used on Nick's Clock Stoppers. They had a older iMac in almost every bed room. Mom and dad had iBooks and even the villains had huge Apple Monitors and towers.

[ 02-06-2003: Message edited by: Reality ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 28
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Nice to hear of all the Mac apperances...although I was specifically looking for the flat-panel iMac.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    hmm let's see...

1) 75% of the computers shown in Comcast (ISP/Telephone/Cable Company) commercials are Mac's.

2) Sandra Bullock's character in "Two Weeks Notice" uses a TiBook.

3) One of the characters in "25th Hour" has a TiBook laying on a table in his apartment"

These are just to name a FEW. Apple computers are everywhere in TV and Film. Probably because they look so damn good...

It's funny because I never noticed this kind of thing before I embraced the light that is Apple.
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Will & Grace-Grace has a FP iMac in her office, Will had his TiBook stolen in one episode (the one with Michael Douglas). They're all over the place on Dawson's Crack(Not that I ever watch that show) and on that horrid Pamela Anderson show they use cubes and ibooks(Not that I ever watch that show either)
  • Reply 14 of 28
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    AI had an isub, What Women want had a powerbook, About a Boy had a cube, Coyote Ugly has an ibook, Legally Blonde had an ibook, Barbara Walters uses an ibook. All I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Talk of our Town on MSG has two iMacs (LCD).
  • Reply 16 of 28
    hugh grant movies always have macs, i wonder if he's a stockholder?

dave foley had a powerbook 165 on the first two seasons of newsradio after that he always had powerbooks but i can't see them well enough to figure the model.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Seinfeld always had Macs.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    There's an indigo iMac in Boy Meets World, inside one of the girls' dorm rooms.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

<strong>There's an indigo iMac in Boy Meets World, inside one of the girls' dorm rooms.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Also at the student lounge they had a few iMacs, one was Tangerine but I don't remember what colors the others were.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    eloelo Posts: 22member
    There's a flat panel iMac in the new Nissan Altima commercial. The kid is loading it into his trunk while they play Gary Numan's "Cars" in the background. Very cool!