iOS 11 firmware reveals apparent names of Apple's next phones: iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus & i...

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,696member
    asdasd said:
    asdasd said:
    sog35 said:
    fallenjt said:
    Let's see how Sog35 name and price the line up!

IPHONE X - 64GB $899, 256 GB $1049, 512 GB $1199

IPHONE 8 - 32GB $649

IPHONE 8 PLUS - 32GB $769

No way on earth is the iPhoneX going to start over $899. Trust me.
    Given there two distinct models then both of these models will almost certainly have multiple prices and storage. Apple are not positioning the X as their top line mass product replacing the 7 after all. This is a new elite category. If there is to be only one storage option for a model, which I think unlikely,  it will be for the X
    I am so looking forward to Tuesday. I upgrade EVERY year not that I need to but because I CAN. The indignity i suffered last year because no one could see I had the latest and greatest iPhone. I'm so glad they'll be a big differentiator this year with the iPhone X. Everyone will see I have the latest and greatest iPhone.

I totally applaud Tim Cook's decision to create a new elite category for the iPhone. Successful elite people can distance themselves from the lower classes who can only buy the 8 and 8 Plus. It'll show that only people of a better class can have the X version. Totally love this new direction for Apple. Will have my card ready to buy the 512gb X when pre-orders start!
    Its a tough old capitalist world alright. 
    Totally right mate!  People need to understand this is the new model going forward.  Owning an iPhone isn't a right it's a privilege.  If you can't afford it then you aren't in Apple's target market, go buy a Moto G or something.  Apple needs to get back to it's roots and hammer the message home it's a premium brand.  It's a premium brand for premium people 

You are forgetting that Apple has been relentlessly pushing lower priced iPhones of late. While they will probably release a more expensive phone for a small segment of its userbase that can afford it, there is no getting away from the fact that they are pushing the iPhone 6 very hard right now and have been for months. There is a very clear reason for this and it flies in the face of Apple not needing nor wanting to play in that market segment. Something people spewed out incessantly at one point.

Q117 saw a 49% worldwide increase in affordable premium. Q117 saw a 4% decrease in the premium segment. A 49% increase in a market where Apple had little to no presence.

Shortly after that there were reports of the iPhone 6 being pushed in developing markets. Not much to be surprised about there but then it showed up in the UK (one of Apple's most important European markets) and then rolled into other developed markets.

I can currently pick up a brand new iPhone 6 for 379€ which includes a 21% sales tax.

Believe me, the move into the 300-399 bracket is more than significant even if it only represents a small chunk of revenues at this point in time.

edited September 2017 asdasd
  • Reply 62 of 66
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Yes in fact I too believe that Apple is going high to go low. Prices will come down, eventually, at the lower end. They probably realise they have saturated their top market, and if they want unit growth - and I think they do - it will be at the lower end with the high end protecting the ASP.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    asdasd said:
    asdasd said:
    sog35 said:
    fallenjt said:

IPHONE 8 - 32GB $649

Given there two distinct models then both of these models will almost certainly have multiple prices and storage. Apple are not positioning the X as their top line mass product replacing the 7 after all. This is a new elite category. If there is to be only one storage option for a model, which I think unlikely,  it will be for the X
    I am so looking forward to Tuesday. I upgrade EVERY year not that I need to but because I CAN. The indignity i suffered last year because no one could see I had the latest and greatest iPhone. I'm so glad they'll be a big differentiator this year with the iPhone X. Everyone will see I have the latest and greatest iPhone.

I totally applaud Tim Cook's decision to create a new elite category for the iPhone. Successful elite people can distance themselves from the lower classes who can only buy the 8 and 8 Plus. It'll show that only people of a better class can have the X version. Totally love this new direction for Apple. Will have my card ready to buy the 512gb X when pre-orders start!
    Totally right mate!  People need to understand this is the new model going forward.  Owning an iPhone isn't a right it's a privilege.  If you can't afford it then you aren't in Apple's target market, go buy a Moto G or something.  Apple needs to get back to it's roots and hammer the message home it's a premium brand.  It's a premium brand for premium people 

Sarcasm noted, but luxury products have existed for a whole lot longer than Apple has been around. They should always offer a luxury model alongside their other models. Apple IS a premium brand. You, on the other hand, I know nothing about,
  • Reply 64 of 66
    avon b7 said:
    asdasd said:
    asdasd said:
    sog35 said:
    fallenjt said:

IPHONE 8 - 32GB $649

You are forgetting that Apple has been relentlessly pushing lower priced iPhones of late. While they will probably release a more expensive phone for a small segment of its userbase that can afford it, there is no getting away from the fact that they are pushing the iPhone 6 very hard right now and have been for months. There is a very clear reason for this and it flies in the face of Apple not needing nor wanting to play in that market segment. Something people spewed out incessantly at one point.

Q117 saw a 49% worldwide increase in affordable premium. Q117 saw a 4% decrease in the premium segment. A 49% increase in a market where Apple had little to no presence.

Shortly after that there were reports of the iPhone 6 being pushed in developing markets. Not much to be surprised about there but then it showed up in the UK (one of Apple's most important European markets) and then rolled into other developed markets.

I can currently pick up a brand new iPhone 6 for 379€ which includes a 21% sales tax.

Believe me, the move into the 300-399 bracket is more than significant even if it only represents a small chunk of revenues at this point in time.

I was wondering whether his post was a sarcastic one, or a serious one. @SpamSandwich seems to think that it is a sarcastic one. You seem to take his comment seriously. I need to see few more posts from him to form an opinion on his comment. If it were a sarcastic one, you both are close to being on same page than imagined!!!!
  • Reply 65 of 66
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    avon b7 said:
    asdasd said:
    asdasd said:
    sog35 said:
    fallenjt said:

IPHONE 8 - 32GB $649

I was wondering whether his post was a sarcastic one, or a serious one. @SpamSandwich seems to think that it is a sarcastic one. You seem to take his comment seriously. I need to see few more posts from him to form an opinion on his comment. If it were a sarcastic one, you both are close to being on same page than imagined!!!!
    Im pretty sure it as sarcastic, but what of it. Might as well take it seriously and argue the point made rather than second guess.