Clip Studio Paint EX (also known as Manga Studio) now available for the iPad Pro

Posted:
in iPad
I got the news yesterday that this very popular drawing program for desktops is now available for the iPad Pro.  it is a near perfect translation to the desktop version,  complete with all the drop down menus that you would see in a desktop app.  Its a subscription model at $8.99 a month, but the first 6 months are free.  This changes the game even more for art on the iPad. Seeing this makes me realize further that there's no reason why Adobe can't release full Photoshop for the iOS.  It also makes apps like Astropad less necessary.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I got the news yesterday that this very popular drawing program for desktops is now available for the iPad Pro.  it is a near perfect translation to the desktop version,  complete with all the drop down menus that you would see in a desktop app.  Its a subscription model at $8.99 a month, but the first 6 months are free.  This changes the game even more for art on the iPad. Seeing this makes me realize further that there's no reason why Adobe can't release full Photoshop for the iOS.  It also makes apps like Astropad less necessary.
    The subscription model is a big disappointment, but I hassled these people repeatedly to make an iPad / Pencil compatible version. Someone at least listened. I think they’ll discover in 6 months that they are going to need to adjust their pricing model. It should be free (ad supported), a one time fee with in app purchase options or a lower monthly.

Also, looks like there’s a free alternative illustration and paint application for individual or group manga/comic book creation for PC/Mac/iOS/Android called Medibang:  

https://medibangpaint.com/en/

I’ll have to give this free app a go.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Update: Used Medibang app on the desktop AND on iOS (it's free for all of them) and it's pretty fantastic so far.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Dave CummingsDave Cummings Posts: 43unconfirmed, member
    That is a nice, free app,  but Clip Studio is an identical version of the desktop version. I'm able to download all my custom brushes and everything 

• Reply 4 of 4
    That is a nice, free app,  but Clip Studio is an identical version of the desktop version. I'm able to download all my custom brushes and everything 

That’s cool, however custom brushes can be shared cross-platform with Medibang also via iCloud, FYI.