Apple's South Korean offices raided by authorities ahead of regional iPhone X launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    ...and the Apple Samsung case stinks of CO2...
    Carbon dioxide is odourless, as is carbon monoxide and the hydrochloride salt of cocaine.
    Soliwandelwonder
  • Reply 22 of 39
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    What chance does Apple have with Korea? They obviously don’t want competition, even though they copied Apple’s technology to begin with.

Take a closer look and you’ll see that even the US judge residing over the Apple Samsung case is of Korean origins. Yes, judge Koh had given Samsung unwarranted credibility and objected and belittled most of Apple’s claims.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and the Apple Samsung case stinks of CO2, just like this raid. 
    Your casual racism is offensive. Koh is a born US citizen. 
    ronnsingularitySolipropodfrankeed
  • Reply 23 of 39
    Nothing suspicious here... I guess...
  • Reply 24 of 39
    Samsung’s slimy approach to doing buisness is draging the whole country down with it ! Marring S Korea’s overall image .
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    What chance does Apple have with Korea? They obviously don’t want competition, even though they copied Apple’s technology to begin with.

Take a closer look and you’ll see that even the US judge residing over the Apple Samsung case is of Korean origins. Yes, judge Koh had given Samsung unwarranted credibility and objected and belittled most of Apple’s claims.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and the Apple Samsung case stinks of CO2, just like this raid. 
    You and I followed different trials, then.
    Soligatorguy
  • Reply 26 of 39
    There’s a simple fix for this... hello Taiwan, screw you South Korea.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 39
    If you cannot beat them, you raid them.
    Martin57watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 39
    ...and the Apple Samsung case stinks of CO2...
    Carbon dioxide is odourless, as is carbon monoxide and the hydrochloride salt of cocaine.

Hydrogen Sulphite!
    Soli
  • Reply 29 of 39
    jungmark said: 
    Your casual racism is offensive.
    And? It’s fact. Please note, for reference, the archived links above the titles of the respective articles.

Oh, and do please note that the article on the left side is filled with racism so causally applied that one would be forgiven if he thought it was designed that way, on purpose, as propaganda. So there’s that. I apologize for the off-topic right side of the image.
     Koh is a born US citizen. 
    And? That magically stops her from serving other interests? I believe I made mention of that long ago when the big case was still pending. I do not now make a statement either way on the matter, and won’t again until the discussion calls for it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 39
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    The only thing keeping North Korea out of South Korea are billions of U.S. military support.
    They may be getting a bit over confident.  Or taking the U.S. military aid for granted.

"OK Kim, you can have it.  We'll have to bumble along with LCD displays for a bit.  But, unlike South Korea, we'll survive".
  • Reply 31 of 39
    jungmark said: 
    And? It’s fact. Please note, for reference, the archived links above the titles of the respective articles.

Oh, and do please note that the article on the left side is filled with racism so causally applied that one would be forgiven if he thought it was designed that way, on purpose, as propaganda. So there’s that. I apologize for the off-topic right side of the image.
    And? That magically stops her from serving other interests? I believe I made mention of that long ago when the big case was still pending. I do not now make a statement either way on the matter, and won’t again until the discussion calls for it.
    what unabashed, white man paranoia. old white males feel they’re victims now that other ethnicities are crawling out of the mud, and it’s ridiculous. 

no, a US-born judge who happens to be of asian decent and last name doesn’t have interests in a korean corporate defendant just because asian. that’s incredibly stupid. i’m US-born with italian decent and last name, the notion that were i a judge i’d be biased toward, say, Ferrari in a case is likewise as idiotic. 

but we get it. white males are special snowflakes who are very scared of actual equality where white male privledge is lessened or eliminated. “Like, zoiks, Scoob!”
    edited November 2017 gatorguyfrankeedGeorgeBMacsuddenly newtonmuthuk_vanalingamtmay
  • Reply 32 of 39
    what unabashed, white man paranoia.
    Nice casual racism, kiddo.
    old white males
    Nice casual ageism, kiddo.
    other ethnicities are crawling out of the mud
    Wow, racist much?
    no, a US-born judge who happens to be of asian decent and last name doesn’t have interests in a korean corporate defendant just because asian.
    Huffington Post, statistically, says otherwise.
    i’m US-born with italian decent and last name, the notion that were i a judge i’d be biased toward, say, Ferrari in a case is likewise as idiotic. 
    Italian isn’t a race. Are you unaware of the topic of discussion here?
    white males are special snowflakes who are very scared…
    Again, nice casual racism. Explain why every race gets to have their own countries but whites don’t. Oh, right; only whites can be racist. That’s it.
    actual equality
    lol, learn what words mean
    white male privledge
    Where are your demands that China hire non-Chinese? I’ll wait.
    “Like, zoiks, Scoob!”
    Funny how you reference a white male in your call for diversity. Now how about going back to the HuffPo article and disproving it, since you seem to know better than the people who did the actual study?
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 33 of 39
    uroshnor said:
    Kuyangkoh said:
    Well well, Apple its time to buy the company that built parts for Iphone....ie oled, memory etc and see how Korean corrupt govt reacts
    Apple can’t afford it. Samsung’s component business is just another part of a sprawling, massive conglomerate - finance/banking/construction/cars/healthcare/Ships/etcetc .The whole thing is something like 15% of South Korea’s economy . All in the 4 big chaebol in SK are something like 40% of their economy - such concentration of ownership does not happen much elsewhere and there is a whif of truth to what is good for Samsung is good for SK, that enables behaviours that elsewhere would be viewed as corrupt or protectionist
    they could see off an arm of that conglomerate. but it has made a massive amount of money for them and will therefore not be sold anytime soon.
  • Reply 34 of 39

slurpy said:
    I read somewhere that iPhones are massively popular in SK. My friend visited there and said that's all he saw. 
    they are in so many adds- even ones advertising an android play store app. Macs, iPads, and iPhones are in many adverts over here. I see it all the time.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    jungmark said: 

what unabashed, white man paranoia. old white males feel they’re victims now that other ethnicities are crawling out of the mud, and it’s ridiculous. 

no, a US-born judge who happens to be of asian decent and last name doesn’t have interests in a korean corporate defendant just because asian. that’s incredibly stupid. i’m US-born with italian decent and last name, the notion that were i a judge i’d be biased toward, say, Ferrari in a case is likewise as idiotic. 

but we get it. white males are special snowflakes who are very scared of actual equality where white male privledge is lessened or eliminated. “Like, zoiks, Scoob!”
    Oh lighten up!   They're scared little snowflakes.   Have some pity.
  • Reply 36 of 39

Truly, the world is full of amazing, incredible coincidence.

The lack of accountability for bad acts probably explains some of these coincidences. Specially this one, given South Korea’s corruption.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 37 of 39
    what unabashed, white man paranoia.
    Nice casual racism, kiddo.
    old white males
    Nice casual ageism, kiddo.
    other ethnicities are crawling out of the mud
    Wow, racist much?
    no, a US-born judge who happens to be of asian decent and last name doesn’t have interests in a korean corporate defendant just because asian.
    Huffington Post, statistically, says otherwise.
    i’m US-born with italian decent and last name, the notion that were i a judge i’d be biased toward, say, Ferrari in a case is likewise as idiotic. 
    Italian isn’t a race. Are you unaware of the topic of discussion here?
    white males are special snowflakes who are very scared…
    Again, nice casual racism. Explain why every race gets to have their own countries but whites don’t. Oh, right; only whites can be racist. That’s it.
    actual equality
    lol, learn what words mean
    white male privledge
    Where are your demands that China hire non-Chinese? I’ll wait.
    “Like, zoiks, Scoob!”
    Funny how you reference a white male in your call for diversity. Now how about going back to the HuffPo article and disproving it, since you seem to know better than the people who did the actual study?
    Again — your claim that american born Koh is biased toward Samsung is as stupid as claiming me, an american born of Italian european caucasian descent, would be biased toward Ferrari.

Races aren’t even a real thing, biologically. Humans are all the same species and subspecies. “race” is just an antiquated label for groupings of cultural and physical traits and is falling out of favor as biology and science has shown it doesn’t exist. Your crying about not having a white state is just white nationalist bullshit. 

Educate yourself and crawl out of your own mud:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)

...or don’t and die off with the rest of your generation’s racists, I really don’t care. But I’ve never seen a more scared old white guy on this forum than you. And no, it’s not racist to identify you as an old white guy. It’s an observation as that is what you are. 
    edited November 2017 singularitysuddenly newton
  • Reply 38 of 39
    your claim
    Huffington Post’s scientific evidence. At least try to learn what you’re talking about.
    Races aren’t even a real thing, biologically.
    They are. Shut up about things you obviously don’t understand. You’re not qualified to continue this discussion at all.
    “race” is just an invented term for groupings of cultural and physical traits.
    Ah, so you admit they’re not the same biologically. Got it.
    Your crying about not having a white state is just white nationalist bullshit.
    Where’s your campaign to diversify Africa, then? Or China; I bet you’re leading the charge to import whites to China to stop Chinese nationalist bullshit, right?
     Educate yourself
    Irony. You were already proven wrong.
    ...or don’t and die off
    Nice job supporting GENOCIDE, kiddo. 
    But I’ve never a more scared old white guy racist on this forum than you.
    Yep, racism and ageism while denying that race exists (for white people) and simultaneously admitting it exists. That’s par for the course. Run along now, BIGOT. You’re obviously not cut out for this.
    And no, it’s not racist to identify you as an old white guy.
    So yeah, it’s racist. And ageist. You have no argument and can’t refute your own source’s claims which agree with me.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 39 of 39
    jungmark said:

Your casual racism is offensive. Koh is a born US citizen. 
    Naive much.