PM the mod...PM the mod...Bah

brbr
Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Are you people afraid of having an open discussion about a thread getting locked? PMing the mod does nothing. If the mod locked it, chances are that any PM you send isn't going to get it reversed. Bah.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    If you don't want to PM the mod, then PM an admin.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    You speak from experience or are you just spouting crap from that hole in your face? :confused:

J :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 10
    agreed. PMing mods does nothing.. most of the time they never reply anyhow. and if they do its just to say "im a mod, im right your wrong"
  • Reply 4 of 10
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    long live anarchy. Fvck the mods!

(okay. I do not personally ascribe to the point of view displayed in the above message. I just thought it captured the spirit of this thread accurately. i.e. a witch hunt on loose grounds. I got a reply from a mod. of course, the damage was done.)
  • Reply 5 of 10
    hell, mods PM me even when i don't ask them too....jez they are chatting little buggers.....g
  • Reply 6 of 10
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    We have these things called Posting Guidelines that outline exactly what to do in such a situation.

The reason you don't (in principle) start numerous threads complaining about locks/moves is that it brings down the attitude of the board and makes everyone tense and on edge.

It's not a matter of "hiding". The mere suggestion that it's "hiding" is laughable to me, because this board is not heavily moderated at all. I had to do a lot of scrolling in different forums to find threads that were actually locked and not just moved to their appropriate forum.

You won't always get your way, of course, and I have a feeling that many of those that complain routinely get responses but they disregard them because they didn't get their way.

So please follow the procedure. You will get a lot more attention from a moderator if you make a case that is thought-out.

For instance:

"This specific thread was locked (provide URL) and I don't think it should have been. Your stated reason for locking it was (X) and I think you made a bad judgement for (X) reasons."

When you (as a moderator) get e-mails/PM that amount to: "You are stupid. You are just on a power-trip because you are a moderator and you think you are big and bad." you have a difficult time taking them seriously.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    [quote] groverat:

You will get a lot more attention from a moderator if you make a case that is thought-out. <hr></blockquote>

That of course would demand that the mod you are PM'ing is a thought-out and mentally balanced person.

Not meaning anything by it...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aris:

<strong>agreed. PMing mods does nothing.. most of the time they never reply anyhow. and if they do its just to say "im a mod, im right your wrong"</strong><hr></blockquote>

BTW: You have mail!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't understand all the people the bitch about the mods. If you don't like the way AI is and the way AI's run then leave. I'm sure these forums will survive without everyone saying how bad the mods are and nothing deserves to be locked.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    shut up!

no, really, shut up!

why don't you just shut up!

&lt;/apu&gt;

****ing ninnies. get a life already. i rue dealing with your pathetic whining.

you got a problem? tell the person. don't be a pussy about it.

all mods accept pms and emails. i don't see what's wrong with telling someone that you don't like their actions via a private corridor rather than a public one.

in short, get a ****ing life, stop whining, it's a ****ing message board.

oh yeah, locked. don't like it? tough shit.

[ 09-16-2002: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>