How to play anything on your HomePod, including vinyl records, with Airfoil and a Mac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Neil,

I hooked up my Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB Turntable to the iMac and played it to the homePod via Airfoil -- as you suggested in the article.

The sound is great...   But, sigh, Hey Siri Next Track doesn't work.

All is not lost, though, 'cuz I can play those old pre-rock & roll 45s on the homePod.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Neil,

I hooked up my Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB Turntable to the iMac and played it to the homePod via Airfoil -- as you suggested in the article.

The sound is great...   But, sigh, Hey Siri Next Track doesn't work.

All is not lost, though, 'cuz I can play those old pre-rock & roll 45s on the homePod.
    Haha, just need one of those fancy players that auto-flips the record.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Well, I got my second homePod and have dual Airfoil apps playing stereo (one balanced all left, the other all right).  There is definitely separation and a sweet spot.  I can't crank it up too loud because my daughter is taking a nap.

Later, I will try moving the speakers around and see what happens...

It's been years since I fiddled around with stereo setups... so I don't know what the current recommendations are.

Right now, I'm playing an old Carmen McRae stereo 33 record -- Elusive Butterfly sounds great in the sweet spot (even at low volume).

...Whoa, my daughter went to pick up my grandson & I get to crank it up...  Some really good separation on some Nina Simone, Kenny Ball... 

Playing Voices Of Spring -- I can really feel the base...

I'm really impressed -- wonder what stereo will sound like when the little puppies can talk to each other...