Apple Watch credited with saving another life after user suffers a ruptured ulcer

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    lowededwookielowededwookie Posts: 1,143member
    I want to monitor irregular heartbeat. But I'm not in the USA.... any alternatives?
    Cardiogram for Apple Watch by Cardiogram, Inc. https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/cardiogram-for-apple-watch/id1000017994?mt=8

This is app is also in bed with a couple of universities but will work all over the world. I wish Apple would release their apps in other countries but I guess they have better access in the US which helps them get it ready for other countries... or legal and licensing issues they have to get around
    lolliver
  • Reply 22 of 24
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    Soli said:
    In this case, I think the oral and anal bleeding were the biggest warning signs.

I agree. This is good PR for Apple, but in this instance the guy would have gone to the doctor even without an Apple Watch.
    It was his AppleWatch that got him to get up and seek help.  Otherwise, as he said, he could have just bled out in his office.   Most likely he had lost a lot of blood before it started showing up externally. 
    The article says " His mother, Nancy, rushed him to the hospital. On the way, Monzidelis drifted in and out of consciousness and continued to bleed from his mouth and rectum". To echo others here..  these are symptoms that simply CANNOT be ignored with or without owning an Apple Watch.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    jcs2305 said:
    Soli said:
    In this case, I think the oral and anal bleeding were the biggest warning signs.

I agree. This is good PR for Apple, but in this instance the guy would have gone to the doctor even without an Apple Watch.
    It was his AppleWatch that got him to get up and seek help.  Otherwise, as he said, he could have just bled out in his office.   Most likely he had lost a lot of blood before it started showing up externally. 
    The article says " His mother, Nancy, rushed him to the hospital. On the way, Monzidelis drifted in and out of consciousness and continued to bleed from his mouth and rectum". To echo others here..  these are symptoms that simply CANNOT be ignored with or without owning an Apple Watch.
    Except -- the part you are missing is:  He was NOT bleeding from the mouth or butt when he was first notified.  You are assuming that -- and its a bad assumption.   The bleeding began in his stomach.   For it to come out his mouth or rectum it would have had to fill his stomach, esophagus and gut.   If he had waited that long before leaving his office for help, it would have been too late. 

No, the Apple Watch notified that he had problem.  He got up and got help in a timely manner.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    kudukudu Posts: 44member
    popswa said:
    Some people will do anything to prop up Apple.
    Imo, and looking at your previous comnents, you are a paid(?) troll. If your opinions are genuinely your own, then please do your credibility a favor and support your assertions with some form of evidence. This is not a forum for idiots who fall for one sided or sweeping statements. Twat or not?