What are all the complications on the leaked Apple Watch 'Series 4' face?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    This watch is gorgeous and I want it, even as an S3 owner. According to rumor ALL of the new models will have 3G capabilities, and if they can eek more battery time out of the S4 I will in all likelihood begin to use it as an "iPhone lite" especially when exercising or just running out on errands. Most days I do no voice at all, but on the other hand, some days I need to talk for two hours. If I could get two hours talk time, its a no brainer. As far as the increased screen size, this is going to be HUGE. I am partially visually impaired in one eye, and every little bit counts. And anyone over 40 knows that the interfaces designed by 20-something UI designers really push the limits of visual acuity. This generation watch has all the feel and markings of a "tour de force" and the devil is in the details. Even though we've seen leaked images already, I am fully prepared to be blown away by some of the improved specs and capabilities. "Hey Siri" capability and talking Siri is going to be a game changer. Thank you Apple for continuing to innovate and pour resources into this space, as I recall the first year after the AppleWatch as being quite brutal; everyone was declaring the watch "DOA" and even saying Tim Cooks first product launch was a total failure, both of function and design. AppleWatch series 4 is the Apple I love at its very best: The "underdog" who doggedly focuses on form and function, bringing out quantitative improvements until suddenly they are QUALITATIVE. I cannot prove it yet, but from everything I see and read, this generation is a game changer. I know its too much to hope for a price reduction, if anything they will stay the same or get higher in priced. A note about the "cluttered" interface: "Clutter" only exists when processing new information. Our visual "muscle memory" is able to quickly grab exactly what we need, and having so many complications perfectly customized to our needs is going to make the AWS4 the equivalent of a personal dashboard. And with better health monitoring its going to not only connect us with the world, but possibly help keep us in it. Bravo Apple.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 35
    robbyx said:
    I can appreciate why someone would love it. But not me. But I haven’t warmed to the Watch in general. I got a hand-me-down Watch from my dad. My mom gave it to him for Christmas and he didn’t get it. I wear it when exercising. Otherwise it sits on its charger. I dig it as a fitness tool, especially being able to plan workouts on my phone and then use the Watch to step me through them, record sets and reps, track rest time, etc. I’ve tried wearing it throughout the day and don’t find any of the other features or third party apps compelling enough. I haven’t worn a watch in over 20 years, though, so I’m a tough sell. 
    The AW looks gorgeous but I'm a tough sell too. Was a long-term adviser on an aid project overseas. Left wearing a watch, arrived in a place where time was interpreted differently and returned 5 years later not wearing a watch. Haven't worn a watch since (15 years) :#
    williamlondon
  • Reply 23 of 35
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,898member
    I no longer wear watches, but that is a really nice complication. Very well thought out - as we would expect. My wife wears an original Apple Watch with a cracked face. Someone gave it to her and it still works great. I plan to get her a Series 4 this holiday season.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 35
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    kimberly said:
    robbyx said:
    I can appreciate why someone would love it. But not me. But I haven’t warmed to the Watch in general. I got a hand-me-down Watch from my dad. My mom gave it to him for Christmas and he didn’t get it. I wear it when exercising. Otherwise it sits on its charger. I dig it as a fitness tool, especially being able to plan workouts on my phone and then use the Watch to step me through them, record sets and reps, track rest time, etc. I’ve tried wearing it throughout the day and don’t find any of the other features or third party apps compelling enough. I haven’t worn a watch in over 20 years, though, so I’m a tough sell. 
    The AW looks gorgeous but I'm a tough sell too. Was a long-term adviser on an aid project overseas. Left wearing a watch, arrived in a place where time was interpreted differently and returned 5 years later not wearing a watch. Haven't worn a watch since (15 years) :#
    Where was that and how was time interpreted there? I’ve never worn a watch in my life.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 25 of 35
    ireland said:
    Left wearing a watch, arrived in a place where time was interpreted differently and returned 5 years later not wearing a watch. Haven't worn a watch since (15 years) :#
    Where was that and how was time interpreted there? I’ve never worn a watch in my life.
    The Mars Rover team adjusted to a daily cycle that was 24h 40m. I’m not sure it was regarded as an aid programme unless NASA discovered Martians in need of our help...
    https://www.space.com/17815-mars-rover-jet-lag.html
    randominternetpersonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 35
    DAalseth said:
    I've been fairly ambivalent about the AW. The faces were boring and yes it could do a lot of stuff, but all of it was accessed through magic combinations of swiping and tapping and doing something with the crown. It always seemed awkward to me, so I never go one.

This face though, is great. It is the Data Center At A Glance I've wanted. To some it may seem cluttered, but not to me. I grew up around aircraft. I am used to looking at a panel of dials and seeing just the one I want right then. I had a series of multi dial chronographs and loved them. This may just be enough to break down and get an AW. Especially if I can set what displays and what doesn't. I'd drop the Music and replace it with Pulse.
    That’s exactly how complications in AW work. You should probably just get one, the UI of taps and swipes that concerned you isn’t very complicated. 
    watto_cobraspheric
  • Reply 27 of 35
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    gutengel said:
    I still can't understand why the weather complication only shows the temperature or the condition. You need both to know the full forecast. Why not combine an icon telling your if it will raining, snowing, cloudy or sunny with the temperature? I would REALLY appreciate if Apple made the weather app icon dynamic to reflect this info too.
    The most excellent Carrot Weather complication does just that, and it's very nice.  I think Dark Skies complication does too.

My series 0 battery is starting to lag - I am getting more and more days it's out of gas.  It's nice that the Series 4 looks like it will be a worthy upgrade!
    edited September 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 35
    Clearly, the image is disinformation. "Gather round" is signalling that the new A-Watch Series 4 will have a round face!
  • Reply 29 of 35
    This watch is gorgeous and I want it, even as an S3 owner. According to rumor ALL of the new models will have 3G capabilities, and if they can eek more battery time out of the S4 I will in all likelihood begin to use it as an "iPhone lite" especially when exercising or just running out on errands. Most days I do no voice at all, but on the other hand, some days I need to talk for two hours. If I could get two hours talk time, its a no brainer. As far as the increased screen size, this is going to be HUGE. I am partially visually impaired in one eye, and every little bit counts. And anyone over 40 knows that the interfaces designed by 20-something UI designers really push the limits of visual acuity. This generation watch has all the feel and markings of a "tour de force" and the devil is in the details. Even though we've seen leaked images already, I am fully prepared to be blown away by some of the improved specs and capabilities. "Hey Siri" capability and talking Siri is going to be a game changer. Thank you Apple for continuing to innovate and pour resources into this space, as I recall the first year after the AppleWatch as being quite brutal; everyone was declaring the watch "DOA" and even saying Tim Cooks first product launch was a total failure, both of function and design. AppleWatch series 4 is the Apple I love at its very best: The "underdog" who doggedly focuses on form and function, bringing out quantitative improvements until suddenly they are QUALITATIVE. I cannot prove it yet, but from everything I see and read, this generation is a game changer. I know its too much to hope for a price reduction, if anything they will stay the same or get higher in priced. A note about the "cluttered" interface: "Clutter" only exists when processing new information. Our visual "muscle memory" is able to quickly grab exactly what we need, and having so many complications perfectly customized to our needs is going to make the AWS4 the equivalent of a personal dashboard. And with better health monitoring its going to not only connect us with the world, but possibly help keep us in it. Bravo Apple.
    That is a great first post. My series 2 is still going good but interesting to see what series 4 has in store. 
  • Reply 30 of 35
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    It would be fun if Apple intentionlly threw people off with this leaked picture and would release a round AW or both shapes! Let’s say Tim Cook’s one more thing: Round Apple Watch. Bam! That get people off their seat.
    steveau
  • Reply 31 of 35
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I'd LOVE to see a round AW. BTW:

Apple Watch
    Apple Watch Series 1
    Apple Watch Series 2
    Apple Watch Series 3
    Apple Watch Series 4 (coming soon!)

For 99.9% of people, Apple Watch or AW doesn't mean the Original Generation or OG watch. So there's the unofficial Series O or OG for the very first one. 

I'm all in for an S4. Can't wait. And if it were round, so much the better. But I don't see Apple introducing one yet. When it happens, it might be the Round Edition, but certainly an addition and not a replacement for the current rectangular Watch.

I don't understand the constant FUD talk implying Apple would stop the current design to offer a round design. I'd certainly have one of each. But Apple needs to improve the Watch faces of both rectangular and round (when it happens) Watches. Hermès can't be the only line with elegant faces.

As far as the only S4 watch face shown so far is concerned, of course it's customizable, as is every other Watch face, to some degree. If that's information overload for small brains, remove some of the complications. If you're skydiving and need to know something during decent other than your altitude, by all means, choose the face and complications most important to you. Easy peasy.
    watto_cobrasteveau
  • Reply 32 of 35
    Am I the only one who wishes Apple would do the 12 month lease for watches in addition to the phone? I would be thrilled to get a new one every year, with my new iPhone.

i regret that I have only two wrists on which to wear an Apple Watch!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Am I the only one who wishes Apple would do the 12 month lease for watches in addition to the phone? I would be thrilled to get a new one every year, with my new iPhone.

i regret that I have only two wrists on which to wear an Apple Watch!
    That's a great idea! I currently buy my phone and watch outright, but if there was an option to upgrade the watch every year - wow!
    jony0watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 35
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    kimberly said:
    robbyx said:
    If you only wear Apple Watch to tell time, then you don’t need watch. You’re just like those trollers at the first Apple Watch release. AW is a fitness tracker, an extension of the iPhone and finally a digital watch. 
    watto_cobraStrangeDayswilliamlondon
  • Reply 35 of 35
    fallenjt said:
    kimberly said:
    robbyx said:
    ... AW is a fitness tracker, an extension of the iPhone and finally a digital watch. 
    How one uses the AW is entirely subjective and shouldn't ever be prescriptive (what a horrible formula for judgment by others), but if we're going to to pander to silliness I suppose I'd counter with a claim that the iPhone is first and foremost a selfie-snapper, then it's a tool to pursue personal validation, increase popularity and self-worth; and finally it's a device that makes phone calls.  :p
    watto_cobra