Reminder: If you bought an iPhone X on the Apple Upgrade Program, you need to pay more to ...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    I live in Canada so don’t get this program. How does it work? Are you paying the cost of the device off in installments every month or is this an extra fee on top of the cost of the device?
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 22 of 28

hface119 said:
    I'm fully expecting Apple to change this after the announcement and allow iPhone X customers to upgrade on release date for iPhone Xs. If they don't, that's just a terrible choice on their part and would be very un-Apple. Create a program to incentivize upgrades annually, and then delay last year's flagship which results in anyone moving forward being 1 month away from an upgrade? Makes no sense.

Really? So other people can't do what I did and make extra payments to get caught up? I am so sick of people whining about things that are actually their own fault. How is this "un-Apple"? Can you not read terms and conditions? Why should Apple throw out the rules? Also, consider that it's another company who handles the financing, not Apple. That company is expecting to be paid at least for one year, and you seem to be advocating short changing them.
    People get so butthurt in their defense of a trillion dollar company making a poor marketing choice. I’m not saying this because I’d be upset over the $56. I’m saying it from a brand marketing perspective. *insert fanboy condescending that Apple obviously has the best marketing team in the business what do I possibly know*. there, I did it for you. 

I still expect Apple to adjust the upgrade date for Day 1 purchasers last year. We’ll see, it’s certainly possible they won’t. I’ll still upgrade and I won’t be crying about it, but I would be genuinely surprised. Anyone checking their date now is futile. If it does change, it’ll happen after they announce release date. 

EDIT: I ordered and received launch day X last year. My current upgrade date is 9/27/18. Therefore, launch day users may “miss” by 1 week and this further adds credence to my theory, in my opinion. 
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 23 of 28
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    hface119 said:

hface119 said:
    I'm fully expecting Apple to change this after the announcement and allow iPhone X customers to upgrade on release date for iPhone Xs. If they don't, that's just a terrible choice on their part and would be very un-Apple. Create a program to incentivize upgrades annually, and then delay last year's flagship which results in anyone moving forward being 1 month away from an upgrade? Makes no sense.

Really? So other people can't do what I did and make extra payments to get caught up? I am so sick of people whining about things that are actually their own fault. How is this "un-Apple"? Can you not read terms and conditions? Why should Apple throw out the rules? Also, consider that it's another company who handles the financing, not Apple. That company is expecting to be paid at least for one year, and you seem to be advocating short changing them.
    People get so butthurt in their defense of a trillion dollar company making a poor marketing choice. I’m not saying this because I’d be upset over the $56. I’m saying it from a brand marketing perspective. *insert fanboy condescending that Apple obviously has the best marketing team in the business what do I possibly know*. there, I did it for you. 

I still expect Apple to adjust the upgrade date for Day 1 purchasers last year. We’ll see, it’s certainly possible they won’t. I’ll still upgrade and I won’t be crying about it, but I would be genuinely surprised. Anyone checking their date now is futile. If it does change, it’ll happen after they announce release date. 

EDIT: I ordered and received launch day X last year. My current upgrade date is 9/27/18. Therefore, launch day users may “miss” by 1 week and this further adds credence to my theory, in my opinion. 

You’re agreement, and subsequent agreement if you choose to upgrade again is with Citizens Bank NA, not with Apple. 

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/iphoneupgrade_us/

This has zero to do with Apple being a trillion dollar company or what you think is the correct marketing choice. 

StrangeDays
  • Reply 24 of 28
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Anilu_777 said:
    I live in Canada so don’t get this program. How does it work? Are you paying the cost of the device off in installments every month or is this an extra fee on top of the cost of the device?
    It works as a loan. You paid $x/month only for the device for a year, no other cost. You are also eligible to get a new iPhone after the current contract finish by trade in and restart the new plan. You don't get to keep it if you want a new phone (which is fine by me). You can select any carriers. The carrier's bill is of course seperate from the phone instalment bill.
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 25 of 28
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    s3obed said:
    I highly doubt Apple will let iPhone X early adopters be punished. They will waive the fee so that we can upgrade again this year.
    I have been on the upgrade program since it started. I chose the 8 plus after the iPhone X was released because I wanted to see and use the X before I made my decision. I have been eagerly awaiting the plus size that is set to be released.  

So in your mind I should have to make the extra payments and deal with it because I made an informed decision, which caused my lease to start 2 months later than usual. Only early adopters of the iPhone X should be given this privilege and have the fees waived so you can get your phone in September. What kind of silly entitled BS is that?  My goodness some folks need to get over themselves. 

You should probably know who is loaning you money before upgrade anything else. Just some advice. 

If you can get citizens to waive the fees for a phone they already paid for please let me know. I will give them a call ASAP. 😎
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 26 of 28
    jcs2305 said:
    hface119 said:

hface119 said:

You’re agreement, and subsequent agreement if you choose to upgrade again is with Citizens Bank NA, not with Apple. 

This has zero to do with Apple being a trillion dollar company or what you think is the correct marketing choice. 

Yeah he just sounds butthurt himself. 
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Lol okay everyone. All the armchair MBAs in the room can sit down now. 

Remind yourselves what happens to, who you turn it in to, and how it is paid off when you turn that iPhone in at month 12. 
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Apple does have the ability to give you your upgrade early.  I’ve been a part of the upgrade program since it started too and I believe with the iPhone 7 it came out before my 12th payment and they didn’t penalize me.  If they change the release date you will still be able to upgrade early.  They aren’t going to leave the people who got X on launch day hanging out to dry.  That’s now how Apple does business.