Spyware maker mSpy exposes iCloud info as part of massive data breach

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    davgreg said:
    This is why I do not store sensitive data in the cloud.

Nothing to do with iCloud or cloud in general. It has to do with people giving a third party service access to your data.

This is why I have never installed monitoring software on my kids devices, despite my wife always sending me links for various types of Apps that are supposed to help keep track of their activity or set limits. They always require you to give them access far above what any reasonable App should require, even your iCloud login in some cases.

This is why I'm stoked about iOS 12 as I'll now have these types of abilities built-in. So I can monitor my kids AND stay secure.
    Well, yeh, it does have to deal with the cloud.
    ... If you have nothing there, there's nothing to steal.  Physical security -- such as keeping the data on one physical device that nobody has access to is one of many types of security. 

Storing stuff in cloud provides a number of benefits -- but it also makes it more likely to be stolen.
    Well there’s nothing to steal either if you didn’t have an account with mSpy. The leak wasn’t with iCloud itself.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    LizzyPeterLizzyPeter Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    The article is weird, as for me. To much of "bias" as I see. Looks like mSpy crossed the road of competitors. Found what they say about the situation: https://blog.mspy.com/dont-panic-your-data-is-safe-blog-mspy/