Foxconn might start manufacturing flagship iPhone models in India

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    tzeshan said:
    sacto joe said:
    tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    India is poorer than China. No doubt about it. 
    Your perception of the obvious is just phenomenal. 

No doubt about it. 
    Just wondering why Apple wants to pursuit a poor market. Tell me does BMW or Lexus produce  cars in India? 
    Um, China used to be a “poor country” too. Apple knows very well indeed what it is doing. Apple is, as is their wont, playing the long game. Watch in wonder as the years unfold....
    Wondering if India is as great as China why there is no Indian company that can do the simple assembly job. Is this technologically advanced that even Huawei is using Foxconn to manufacture its phones? Foxconn is a Taiwanese company. So Taiwan is technologically more advanced than both China and India? Is this obvious like the other poster replied to me? 
    Taiwan is far more technologically advanced than China or India (on the hardware front). 

And unlike what your paymasters might claim, Taiwan is a sovereign naiton.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 22 of 34

tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    Doesn't mean it'll always be or always has to be that way.  China used to be as poor as India
    Wondering why UK colonized India for hundred years but did not help India industrialize. China was sanctioned by US from 1949 to 1979. After US lifted the sanction China quickly industrialized by hard working for US companies. Some people call it slave labor. The President says China stole those slave jobs. Who is right? 
    Sanctions against China had little to do with its lack of industrial development from 1949-79. It had everything to do with the fact that it was ruled by a bunch of crazy Communist thugs, especially one particularly crazy, murderous butcher that ended up getting tens of millions of your folks killed off.

(Look up “Cultural Revolution” to explain the second half of this period you mention.)
    edited December 2018
  • Reply 23 of 34
    tzeshan said:
    This is true. But always remember one thing. Wealth disparity exists everywhere.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    Doesn't mean it'll always be or always has to be that way.  China used to be as poor as India
    Wondering why UK colonized India for hundred years but did not help India industrialize. China was sanctioned by US from 1949 to 1979. After US lifted the sanction China quickly industrialized by hard working for US companies. Some people call it slave labor. The President says China stole those slave jobs. Who is right? 
    Sanctions against China had little to do with its lack of industrial development from 1949-79. It had everything to do with the fact that it was ruled by a bunch of crazy Communist thugs, especially one particularly crazy, murderous butcher that ended up getting tens of millions of your folks killed off.

(Look up “Cultural Revolution” to explain the second half of this period you mention.)
    Wondering why people never look back themselves. Are you educated in India? You seem have little knowledge of US history after WWII. Have you heard about Cold War? It looks like pretty American will forget what is Cold War. 
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Waiting for all the racist comments about India. I see a few but the day is still young. 
    Producing anti India facts are not racist. 
  • Reply 26 of 34

tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:

One of the big problems of India is education. CIA World Factbook said India literacy rate is 71%. China is 96%!!! Vietnam and Philipines are in the 9Ish 5% range too.That is almost all people is literate!  What is the problem with India?  hy Indian democracy cannot educate all people? Wondering if Foxconn factory can find enough educated workers. I argued before assembling iPhones seem technologically demanding. 
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Waiting for all the racist comments about India. I see a few but the day is still young. 
    That is true. Anti-China words existed in US nonstop daily for years. None of the Americans seem to feel they are racists. 
    racerhomie3
  • Reply 28 of 34
    tzeshan said:
    Yeah, and we have Britain to thank for it.

By the way, the book making this claim has been published by Columbia University Press.
  • Reply 29 of 34

tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    Because it was busy industrialising itself by looting all the wealth it could from India, per the link I posted previously. Your comparison of China and India is, therefore, false equivalence
  • Reply 30 of 34

tzeshan said:
    sacto joe said:
    tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:

No doubt about it. 
    Just wondering why Apple wants to pursuit a poor market. Tell me does BMW or Lexus produce  cars in India? 
    Um, China used to be a “poor country” too. Apple knows very well indeed what it is doing. Apple is, as is their wont, playing the long game. Watch in wonder as the years unfold....
    Wondering if India is as great as China why there is no Indian company that can do the simple assembly job. Is this technologically advanced that even Huawei is using Foxconn to manufacture its phones? Foxconn is a Taiwanese company. So Taiwan is technologically more advanced than both China and India? Is this obvious like the other poster replied to me? 
    Are you aware that India is now #2 in the world in mobile manufacturing, in terms of the number of units produced? 
    https://swarajyamag.com/insta/talk-de-india-with-12-phones-being-produced-per-second-nation-now-world-number-2-in-mobile-manufacturing
    edited December 2018
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Chandigarh_Boy_Chandigarh_Boy_ Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:

No doubt about it. 
    Just wondering why Apple wants to pursuit a poor market. Tell me does BMW or Lexus produce cars in India? 
    YES. Both BMW and Lexus makes cars in India. And guess who owns Jaguar and Land Rover...come on....yes you guessed it right, Its owned by an Indian Company TATA.
    (Reference: Google is your friend)
    And you my friend is a perfect example of stupidity and arrogance.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Other points of interest for commenters here:
    • India recently surpassed France to become the sixth largest economy in the world and will most probably overtake the UK next year to become the fifth.
    • India have what's currently the world's largest mobile phone factory, courtesy Samsung

• Reply 33 of 34
    Other points of interest for commenters here:
    • India recently surpassed France to become the sixth largest economy in the world and will most probably overtake the UK next year to become the fifth.
    • India have what's currently the world's largest mobile phone factory, courtesy Samsung

India’s economy is larger than that of France due to sheer numbers of people there. Look into the per capita income and prepare yourself for a shock.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    sreesree Posts: 152member
    Producing unrelated and biased facts mostly verges on racism. It is like talking about americans killing off all the indegenous population, in the discussion thread about the latest AirPods.

'Tzeshan' and 'SpamSandwich' are known india trolls on this site. I had stopped responding to them a long time back, after realizing they don't really care about facts.