DOJ charges Huawei with stealing trade secrets, financial fraud, violating sanctions, more...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Folio said:
    As a European this is exceedingly entertaining to watch.
    Believe Deutsche Telecom owns T-Mobile, so...
    No, its because I feel like in Europe people are amusing themselves feeling like everything happening in the U.S. is becoming equivalent to some kind of joke. The 'striking back' attitude brought up by this topic highlights this.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 23
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Why only Huawei ? Most of Chinese companies who try to compete with rest of world companies do steal,copy.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 23
    joogabah said:
    jbdragon said:
    normm said:
    The US shouldn't be imposing sanctions on Iran--it's our most counterproductive foreign policy move in decades. And we should be fixing problems we have with China, not starting a war (trade or otherwise).
    China has been screwing over the U.S. for years in unfair trade are tariffs. The U.S. Government did nothing. It's time for that to end.The Tariffs go away as soon as China's Tariffs go away and they allow a more equal trade between the two countries. It's about time something like this was done. All the money flowing into China in one direction is just helping them built up their military complex. Then start doing things like creating bogus Island, while killing off marine habitat all in the name of control. Zooming their jets right next to American Jets in International waters is a really unsafe manner. GO cry me a river.
    Right.  China is the aggressor.  Mmm hmmm. 
    There’s an ignorant retort if ever I saw one.

The Chinese government is a partial or complete owner of virtually every business in China. Property rights in China don’t work remotely the same as in the US, for example:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_property_law#Real_property_rights

Therefore, theft by individual businesses from China is theft by the Chinese government.
    watto_cobra