Apple slapped with lawsuit over Group FaceTime bug

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    jungmark said:
    airnerd said:
    The part about Apple being told about this a week before and not acting on it is the real issue.  Then when it goes viral they fix it within 12 hours.  I know Apple didn't purposely ignore this issue, but someone who didn't escalate it quickly or properly needs to be fired.  If on Jan 23 this were disabled then this is never heard about.
    How many employees monitor its social media accounts? How many posts do they have to sift through? Sometimes it’s like searching for a needle in a haystack but only if you know a needle is in there in the first place. 
    According to the article actual emails and bug reports were filed, not just social media tweets.  I would hope that quite a few people man the bug report desk.  If not, then I know the person that needs to be fired...the person that runs the bug report desk and has kept it understaffed and without the proper tools to do their job.  Otherwise Apple is going to have to wait for tweets to go viral before they put a quick fix on an issue.  
  • Reply 22 of 26
    WmHWmH Posts: 5member
    Just another scum bag lawyer looking to make a quick buck. We all know his claim is bull$h1t. 

• Reply 23 of 26
    Circulated by "mainstream media"...
    As opposed to what media?
    edited January 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Kuyangkoh said:
    Just another scum bag lawyer looking to make a quick buck. We all know his claim is bull$h1t. 
    Depositions on a phone?? What a lazy lawyerߤ㦬t;/div>
    The lawyer was not taking the deposition on the iPhone - he apparently had an iPhone with him. I would think that having anything other than a court reporter is kinda dumb.

Making accusations like yours is where the laziness comes in! On the other hand QA did kind of drop the bal.
    I was going to post something similar but I double checked the (AI) article which states that he was conducting the deposition via FaceTime - with the statement that he presumably received a call while deposing his client via FaceTime...unclear what is presumed. Perhaps it is misreported since conducting a depo via FaceTime sounds a bit absurd.
    edited January 2019
  • Reply 25 of 26
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    citpeks said:
    I guess, like most people, this lawyer didn't read the EULA, which almost certainly disavows any blame or consequential damages from bugs in Apple's software... ...carefully written by his professional brethren.
    That’s what I came here to mention. “Breach if warranty” is a bogus claim, as there’s ZERO WARRANTY on software.

Maybe this lawyer would like to challenge THAT in court instead and do us all a big favor. The computer industry has been getting away with that for forever, and tech geeks are all too happy to promote the industry-friendly (and consumer abusive) narrative that “all software is flawed and there’s nothing you can do about it, so it’s perfectly okay”. We need a new paradigm. Geeks defending the abuse of consumers is a bad paradigm for dealing with institutionalized lazy software development.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    dysamoria said:
    citpeks said:
    I guess, like most people, this lawyer didn't read the EULA, which almost certainly disavows any blame or consequential damages from bugs in Apple's software... ...carefully written by his professional brethren.
    That’s what I came here to mention. “Breach if warranty” is a bogus claim, as there’s ZERO WARRANTY on software.

Maybe this lawyer would like to challenge THAT in court instead and do us all a big favor. The computer industry has been getting away with that for forever, and tech geeks are all too happy to promote the industry-friendly (and consumer abusive) narrative that “all software is flawed and there’s nothing you can do about it, so it’s perfectly okay”. We need a new paradigm. Geeks defending the abuse of consumers is a bad paradigm for dealing with institutionalized lazy software development.
    Nobody is abusing anybody. When you decide to sign up for “free services” and accept software/hardware EULA’s, there are no guarantees. That would be incredibly stupid for any software dev shop to guarantee anything (Would you sell a house and guarantee the new owner that nothing will ever happen to it? No.). This is a human driven workflow with some QA automation. GIGO..and since human beings are not perfect and never will be, you will never have perfect software. Also, it’s not nice to generalize software dev as lazy. These are hard working people trying to bring you convenience and enjoyment.