Apple rumored to launch subscription News at March 25 event, 'AirPods 2' and new iPad mini...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    kent909 said:
    I can think of no reason to pay any money for the news on the Internet. As long as there is ad based content always available.
    I can respect that... However, I have changed my mind based on what I value. I have decided to start supporting the news outlets I believe in with subscriptions. Before now, I feel I acted like there really was a “free lunch.”
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Anyone think Apple could incorporate the iPhone Upgrade Program into an all-in-one Apple services bundle? iPhone XS 64gb (which includes Applecare) is $49.91/mo add say $20 more and get Apple music, news, iCloud, TV, App/game sub?

One bundled price instead $49.91 plus $9.99 plus $9.99 plus $0.99 plus $4.99 etc etc.
    bshankpatchythepirate
  • Reply 23 of 36
    No way Apple holds an event just to launch a subscription to Apple News. There have to be other things for an event to be worthwhile.
    MisterKitmattinozAppleExposed
  • Reply 24 of 36
    I have never once regretted subscribing to AppleMusic. To be able to call up any song in just about any genre, save anything for offline listening, and have an add free experience is a no brainer. i am a 62 year old professional musician and I now listen to more music than any period of my life. I can see a similar service of many top shelf newspapers and magazines would also get me in from day one for a $10 monthly fee. I don’t know what people who complain about these services want.
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 25 of 36
    FatmanFatman Posts: 513member
    Any chance new ‘base’ iMacs? I need to replace my end of life model. The pro models have great specs but are too expensive. I’d like to see a new design $1,500 27ish” with 8th gen Intel price and 1TB SSD. But don’t think that will happen.
    AppleExposed
  • Reply 26 of 36
    jgojcaj said:
    How about a new MacBook Pro with a FUNCTIONING KEYBOARD AND SCREEN? WOULDN'T THAT BE A SPLENDID IDEA?

It is a splendid idea. That's why they've already done it.
    macxpressAppleExposed
  • Reply 27 of 36
    bitmod said:
    I hope it's an $18,000 iMac with 2017 technology... *fingers crossed*

Only if you're willing to buy it.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    Tim wants to scratch your pocket. Every month- in perpetuity.

How is that insanely great?

He does not want to build the tools for the digital future- a bicycle for the mind- he wants to collect rent. Witness the languishing HW and SW but the massive amounts of money being spent on paid services.

• Reply 29 of 36
    I already made my purchase of the Mini 4 in December 2018!  So I don’t care about an Apple Mini 5!  If Apple finally does decide to release a Mini 5, make it the budget version with only 2GB RAM like the Mini 4 too!  Apple really f*cked up their updating on their iPad Mini like crazy.  Going on 4 years in September!  They just screwing Mini owners like myself anyway you look at it! LOL!
  • Reply 30 of 36
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    I already made my purchase of the Mini 4 in December 2018!  So I don’t care about an Apple Mini 5!  If Apple finally does decide to release a Mini 5, make it the budget version with only 2GB RAM like the Mini 4 too!  Apple really f*cked up their updating on their iPad Mini like crazy.  Going on 4 years in September!  They just screwing Mini owners like myself anyway you look at it! LOL!
    I was in the market for a iPad mini 5 until I saw a sale for a new iPad for $250! I guess I don't need it now either! But maybe if it is affordable I can have 2 for doing different things!
    harry wild
  • Reply 31 of 36
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    I am vary wary of subscription fees. However, I am also very fond of discounts on things I would have bought anyway. Like everything else, consumption of a service requires one evaluate its value to ones self personally. I pay $50/mo on a subscription for a cable modem that is fast and reliable, and $50 is a fair price, even though (or perhaps because of?) my provider now has competition. My utilities companies do not have any competition, and what I pay for water, sewer, trash, electricity and heating gas is most definitely not fair. Of course, what is "fair" to the consumer is a subjective thing. If/when Apple puts services I value together for what I think is a fair price *to me* is when I'll sign up.

YMMV.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    MisterKit said:
    I have never once regretted subscribing to AppleMusic. To be able to call up any song in just about any genre, save anything for offline listening, and have an add free experience is a no brainer. i am a 62 year old professional musician and I now listen to more music than any period of my life. I can see a similar service of many top shelf newspapers and magazines would also get me in from day one for a $10 monthly fee. I don’t know what people who complain about these services want.

They don't wanna pay.

davgreg said:
    Tim wants to scratch your pocket. Every month- in perpetuity.

How is that insanely great?

He does not want to build the tools for the digital future- a bicycle for the mind- he wants to collect rent. Witness the languishing HW and SW but the massive amounts of money being spent on paid services.

See?
  • Reply 33 of 36
    h2ph2p Posts: 329member
    jgojcaj said:
    How about a new MacBook Pro with a FUNCTIONING KEYBOARD AND SCREEN? WOULDN'T THAT BE A SPLENDID IDEA?
    I second this, absolutely! Have been holding off on upgrading my wife's 2011 MacBookAir 11". Loves the small, light form. I'm against a $1600 machine ($1300 minimum) with a single USB-C that is nearly 2 years old.

What I do admire about the MB is that is lighter(!) than the 11" MBA... wow. Size is almost identical! Nice design (keyboard issues?) and beautiful finishes. The i5 is sufficient for her workload. I am slightly concerned about how she would fare with streaming the many Zoom conference calls that she is on.

Apple, please update the MacBook.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Whatever....!  For the iPad Mini 4, these rumors of a new release continues every year since 2015!  September 2019 Mini 4 will be 4 years old.  Apple does not care!  If they do update, they will make an inferior, cheap junky budget model with limited RAM and 2-3 year olds components inside anyways!  It is already 2-3 years old and becoming obsolete when it is release!  LOL!
  • Reply 35 of 36
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    So does the current News app go bye-bye or does it just become a paid app now?
  • Reply 36 of 36
    jgojcaj said:
    The keyboard and screen on my 2018 MBP function just fine. What's your problem?