FBI director says there may be 'solutions' to end-to-end encryption debate

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:

crowley said:

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” - Thomas Jefferson, slave owner and rapist
    I wouldn't put much stock in anything that dickhead hypocrite said about freedom and slavery.
    That so called "dickhead" as you phrase not only wrote our Declaration of Independence, but was a primary founder and designer of our democracy.   Sorry, that he and his democratic ideals don't match with your ideology or biases.
    He’s referring to Jefferson’s ownership of human beings as slaves while waxing about freedom & slavery. if you don’t see the hypocrisy you need your head examined.  
    Sorry, you maybe should learn a little history -- you would learn that most of our founding fathers and half the country owned slaves.   But, conservatives like to trash talk Jefferson -- so they do what they do best, spout false narratives.
    Conservatives like to trash talk Jefferson?  Since when? I’m no conservative anyway.

Jefferson had next to nothing to do with the US Constitution or the Bill Of Rights.  He composed the US Declaration Of Independence, the principles of which had already been voted on and agreed. So he wrote down what everyone already agreed with.  He’s a much bigger name than  his achievements would suggest. And he was a slaveholder and rapist.

Far
    less than half the population owned slaves, check your sources.  The “false narrative” is not mine.
    I suspect that your current president is more of a rapist than Jefferson.   But nice burn!  In any event you need to learn (real) history rather than the alternative brand extremists like to spin these days.
    "My" President?  I'm neither American, nor a supporter of Trump.  Please tell me what is not "real" about saying that Jefferson was a slaveholder and a rapist?  The first of these is certainly unambiguous and uncontroversial and the latter is born out by DNA evidence.  Monticello seems to agree with me.

Do you just assume that everyone you don't immediately agree with is an extremist?  That doesn't seem like a healthy way to exist.
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 42 of 43
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    crowley said:
    crowley said:

crowley said:

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” - Thomas Jefferson, slave owner and rapist
    I wouldn't put much stock in anything that dickhead hypocrite said about freedom and slavery.
    That so called "dickhead" as you phrase not only wrote our Declaration of Independence, but was a primary founder and designer of our democracy.   Sorry, that he and his democratic ideals don't match with your ideology or biases.
    He’s referring to Jefferson’s ownership of human beings as slaves while waxing about freedom & slavery. if you don’t see the hypocrisy you need your head examined.  
    Sorry, you maybe should learn a little history -- you would learn that most of our founding fathers and half the country owned slaves.   But, conservatives like to trash talk Jefferson -- so they do what they do best, spout false narratives.
    Conservatives like to trash talk Jefferson?  Since when? I’m no conservative anyway.

Jefferson had next to nothing to do with the US Constitution or the Bill Of Rights.  He composed the US Declaration Of Independence, the principles of which had already been voted on and agreed. So he wrote down what everyone already agreed with.  He’s a much bigger name than  his achievements would suggest. And he was a slaveholder and rapist.

Far
    less than half the population owned slaves, check your sources.  The “false narrative” is not mine.
    I suspect that your current president is more of a rapist than Jefferson.   But nice burn!  In any event you need to learn (real) history rather than the alternative brand extremists like to spin these days.
    "My" President?  I'm neither American, nor a supporter of Trump.  Please tell me what is not "real" about saying that Jefferson was a slaveholder and a rapist?  The first of these is certainly unambiguous and uncontroversial and the latter is born out by DNA evidence.  Monticello seems to agree with me.

Do you just assume that everyone you don't immediately agree with is an extremist?  That doesn't seem like a healthy way to exist.
    When you spout twisted, distorted, out of context talking points espoused by extremists, I tend to assume you are an extremist.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    You seem to have some issues.  I'm leaving well alone now.