Apple issues watchOS 5.2, ECG app arrives in Hong Kong and Europe

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,294member
    Anilu_777 said:
    I’m getting the AirPods 2 so glad to see the support but frustrated that again Canada isn’t on the list for the ECG app (as with many things including Apple Pay Cash and now the new Apple Card). Why does Canada always seem to be a second thought for Apple??
    What about any of this would make you believe that Apple is purposely ignoring Canada?!
    SoliStrangeDays
  • Reply 22 of 31
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,572member
    fred1 said:
    It’s interesting that this is in only 17 of the 27 European Union countries (if the list here has all the countries where it’s allowed). I would have expected an EU wide approval. 
    Might it be this:

https://www.emergobyul.com/resources/europe-process-chart

"Some EU member states require additional registration of Class IIa, IIb or III devices which are placed on their markets."
  • Reply 23 of 31
    mike1 said:
    Anilu_777 said:
    I’m getting the AirPods 2 so glad to see the support but frustrated that again Canada isn’t on the list for the ECG app (as with many things including Apple Pay Cash and now the new Apple Card). Why does Canada always seem to be a second thought for Apple??
    What about any of this would make you believe that Apple is purposely ignoring Canada?!
    https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/03/21/health-canada-apple-apple-watchs-ecg-canada/
  • Reply 24 of 31
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,907member
    Anilu_777 said:
    These things are almost never the case that "Apple doesn't care!" and almost always the case that external agencies slow the process down -- regulatory bodies, banking industry, content licensing agreements, etc. Of course Apple would like to launch everything everywhere.
    edited March 2019 mike1
  • Reply 25 of 31
    mike1 said:
    Anilu_777 said:
    OK, while that does say that Health Canada claims that no official request has been made, that doesn't mean Apple hasn't been working on it since day one.  Of course, neither does it mean that Apple has been working on it.  It's possible that Apple simply hasn't been able, or willing, to jump through the hoops Canada has set.
    mike1
  • Reply 26 of 31
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,294member
    mike1 said:
    Anilu_777 said:
    So, it's clear that they are working to introduce in Canada. What we don't know are what regulatory hurdles need to be jumped through.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    dave_simmsdave_simms Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Hi, got the Series 4 watch bought in the UK. I live in Brazil. ECG not working. Seems that now, they are also using location to lock the feature. Got the updates on both, iphone and apple watch (12.2 and 5.2 respectively) but when I try to setup the feature, it says that it´s not available in my region. Come on Apple, stick to your own rules! (features locked by country of aquisition). Downhill expirience since Iphone 6 (lightning port, phone jack, apple charging mat - cancelled!, ecg not rolling out fast enough). You´re making it easier for me to drop out!
  • Reply 28 of 31
    gc_ukgc_uk Posts: 110member
    Soli said:
    gc_uk said:
    Soli said:
    Why assume that it's the vendor ignoring you and not your laws causing delays?
    Apple Pay Cash is available in which territories outside the US?
    If you bothered to do a simple search you'd see that APC is only available in the US right now.

Of course, your implication is that Apple could offer APC around the world because in your mind Green Dot Bank, an FDIC member, can magically operate anywhere in the world because you failed to grasp how banking actually works. You assume that sending cash via iMessage somehow has the same regulatory basis as literally sending the text "$20" over iMessage.
    Lol first you attack me for being ignorant of which territories it’s available in and then attack me on my knowledge of banking. 

Of of course I know APC is only available in the US, that was the entire point of my comment. How can you say it’s a regulatory problem and not Apple ignoring other territories when Apple chose the bank to run the operation? Visa and MasterCard have no problem operating globally. Perhaps the regulations don’t apply to them? If it’s so difficult, why do MNBA and HSBC white box cards globally, and how does PayPal transfer money between countries. Your argument is floundering. 
  • Reply 28 of 31
    gc_ukgc_uk Posts: 110member
    Soli said:
    gc_uk said:
    Soli said:
    If you bothered to do a simple search you'd see that APC is only available in the US right now.

Of course, your implication is that Apple could offer APC around the world because in your mind Green Dot Bank, an FDIC member, can magically operate anywhere in the world because you failed to grasp how banking actually works. You assume that sending cash via iMessage somehow has the same regulatory basis as literally sending the text "$20" over iMessage.
    Lol first you attack me for being ignorant of which territories it’s available in and then attack me on my knowledge of banking. 

Of of course I know APC is only available in the US, that was the entire point of my comment. How can you say it’s a regulatory problem and not Apple ignoring other territories when Apple chose the bank to run the operation? Visa and MasterCard have no problem operating globally. Perhaps the regulations don’t apply to them? If it’s so difficult, why do MNBA and HSBC white box cards globally, and how does PayPal transfer money between countries. Your argument is floundering. 
  • Reply 30 of 31
    I have a UK series 4 Nike+ 1978 after update to 5.2 and iPhone to 12.2, still no ECG app, I tried everything including hard resetting both and starting over but still no luck, any suggestions?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    gc_uk said:
    Soli said:
    gc_uk said:
    Soli said:

You really don't understand why banks have Visa and MC logos on them or why your checking account isn't directly through them. I get that a layman doesn't understand the specifics of all the balls in play to make these systems work, but most people seem to try to figure this shit out on their own instead of just making illogical, sweeping claims. 🤦‍♂️
    edited April 2019