Apple Card: no multi-user support, no penalty rates, foreign transactions, more

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    I currently use a Chase Visa card.  It has a chip in it, but also a magnetic stripe.  There have been many instances where the store reader doesn't recognize or won't take the chip (our local organic food store is such an example, as their card readers are not state-of-the-art), but it will take it if I slide the magnetic stripe.  Since the new Apple Card lacks the magnetic stripe, I'd be out of luck at all stores that won't accept the chip-only card (or Apple Pay).
  • Reply 42 of 48
    akechakech Posts: 2member
    jbdragon said:
    insync88 said:
    I don’t know if it’s just me....But I’ve never been this excited for a credit card before 
    It's just you!

But really, if the Credit Card number is always changing, how do you use it to pay some of your bills like Garbage, or Water, etc. How do you have automatic payments without going back to the site every month and enter a new token number?
    The one-time token card number will work on a recurrent basis but only for that merchant (the number will be linked and no other merchant can use it). It is the same security linkage as privacy.com cards. You can cancel that linked token number any time via the iPhone list of transactions. 
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 48
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I currently use a Chase Visa card.  It has a chip in it, but also a magnetic stripe.  There have been many instances where the store reader doesn't recognize or won't take the chip (our local organic food store is such an example, as their card readers are not state-of-the-art), but it will take it if I slide the magnetic stripe.  Since the new Apple Card lacks the magnetic stripe, I'd be out of luck at all stores that won't accept the chip-only card (or Apple Pay).
    In the film they briefly showed the back of the card, and it appears that it does have a mag strip.  (There would be no other reason to have a black strip across the top on the back of the card.)

I'm not sure where this came from that the card does not have a mag strip.

But, for security, it's best to avoid those places that require it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 48
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    macgui said:
    knowitall said:
    Strange Apple uses GS bank instead of becoming a bank itself.
    Not strange at all. To become a bank, Apple would fall into a whole new bag of regulatory scrutiny  hurt. I can't think Cook would welcome that. Not that he has anything to hide, just that it's more administrative stuff to deal with.
    Easy answer, maybe take into account dealing with a bunch of wolves that already diss on Apples part.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 48
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jbdragon said:
    insync88 said:
    I don’t know if it’s just me....But I’ve never been this excited for a credit card before 
    It's just you!

But really, if the Credit Card number is always changing, how do you use it to pay some of your bills like Garbage, or Water, etc. How do you have automatic payments without going back to the site every month and enter a new token number?
    Well, a person would have an account tied to the utility and then specify Apple Card for the payment.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    cmd-zcmd-z Posts: 69member
    insync88 said:
    Why? It’s a middle of the road type of card. I can literally beat the rewards with every purchase I make with my other cards. It’s ok for a general card but not the best by any stretch. 
    This is Apple. Expect a + Version at some point.
    Or "S" ... or "Max" ...
  • Reply 46 of 48
    cmd-zcmd-z Posts: 69member
    insync88 said:
    Why? It’s a middle of the road type of card. I can literally beat the rewards with every purchase I make with my other cards. It’s ok for a general card but not the best by any stretch. 
    This is Apple. Expect a + Version at some point.
    Or "S" ... or "Max" ...