The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1501 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    You are most certainly an apologist for the missed timeframes and delays
    We have been deep into missed deadlines for awhile now. Please tell me, with examples, when I was an apologist for them? Is this like claiming a hard line for when the end of the week is somehow is actually "endless"?

It isn't about the rules. It's about the truth.

No, it is about you acting like everyone must not only agree with you, but use the same words as you.

You are so locked into such nonsense that you keep missing what else I said, even when I point it out afterwards.
  • Reply 1502 of 1615
    It is just about one week since Mark Knighton missed the deadline for the promised May 2019 update.

And all the while, Kahuna is standing straight and at attention, ready to soldier on, on behalf of Mark Knighton.
    Really? Then show what I said that defended the repeated delays. I can point to lots of posts that were very critical.

Already know the only thing you can do - complain that I didn't specifically say "Mark Knighton". That's your problem. The criticism remains.

BTW, you are still inserting me into every issue. Just as Smurf is. Which is fine. You get to post whatever crap you want. But when you also claim I'm inserting myself into things, then you are just not being honest. I remind you that very recently I documented you making a response to a post - a post which had NOTHING to do with me - yet you made 5 attacks on me anyway. I think you want me to be the issue. At least based on what you actually do, as opposed to what you claim.
  • Reply 1503 of 1615
    Already know the only thing you can do - complain that I didn't specifically say "Mark Knighton". That's your problem. The criticism remains.

BTW, you are still inserting me into every issue. Just as Smurf is. Which is fine. You get to post whatever crap you want. But when you also claim I'm inserting myself into things, then you are just not being honest. I remind you that very recently I documented you making a response to a post - a post which had NOTHING to do with me - yet you made 5 attacks on me anyway. I think you want me to be the issue. At least based on what you actually do, as opposed to what you claim.
    Obfuscation. You point out one post which had nothing overt to say about you, but ask us to ignore the 500 other posts where you made it all about you? No. It doesn't work like that. 

You still haven't answered the question, Seeker of Truth. Go back and read what I wrote again. Learn to read. Study what people say to you and try to understand it before you respond with such stupidity.

Why didn't you specifically say 'Mark Knighton is blind'? Are you accusing someone else at Waytools of being blind? Are 'the twins' the blind people you refer to, or Mark Knighton?

Is it because you are scared that if you directly criticize him and his lies and stupidity and delinquency by saying his name, he might brick your keyboard? Or is Mark your boss? Does Mark pay your bills?

You make you the issue, every time you insert yourself into the conversation about Mark Knighton where you have no place in the conversation at all. Don't complain about people talking about you. You love it when people talk about you, and talk negatively about you. You seek it out. If you didn't like it, then you would avoid it and spend all your time hiding in the safe space of the WT forum where every critic is banned and there is only Colin and Kahuna kissing each other. (Mozart, Bach, Da Vinci). You come here, and to Reddit, and Macrumors, and you fight with everybody over Mark Knighton, so don't make everyone laugh by whining when the conversation shifts to your bad behavior.

Aligning yourself with a sociopathic liar is not good karma for you Kahuna. I really don't know why you do it. It appears as though you have a financial interest in helping Mark to perpetuate his scam. When the lawsuits and subpoenas for documents and depositions start arriving on doorsteps, you might find yourself on the receiving end as a reward for all your efforts.

Look where we are now. One entire week past the May deadline, and not a peep from that scumbag. How much longer do you want to defend such a lowlife?

>No, they simply missed the day, period. While I think it is fair to extend “Saturday night” to include the early hours of Sunday morning- because I know Mark works very late at least sometimes and that goes to 3:00 AM from my own experience, it does not extend into another working day. So they missed it. 

Be brave Kahuna. Rewrite the above sentence the way it should have been written:

>No, Mark Knighton simply missed the day, period. While I think it is fair to extend “Saturday night” to include the early hours of Sunday morning- because I know Mark works very late at least sometimes and that goes to 3:00 AM from my own experience, it does not extend into another working day. So Mark Knighton missed it. 

Don't play duck and dodge games and say you don't care. You've been at this for about 4 years now. You know Mark Knighton personally. You have deeply involved yourself in this game of enabling his sociopathic gaslighting deceptive behavior and deflecting criticism away from him. You don't get to label yourself as a truth seeker when your own words clearly demonstrate your willingness to obfuscate the truth.

You are either a legitimate critic of Mark Knighton and you have the guts to criticize him by name - or you just another lying shill participating in Mark Knighton's deception.

Which is it?

alexonline
  • Reply 1504 of 1615
    Obfuscation. You point out one post which had nothing overt to say about you, but ask us to ignore the 500 other posts where you made it all about you? No. It doesn't work like that

actually, that’s how it works. I documented a clear example where you clearly went out of your way to insert me into the subject. And then all you can do is CLAIM I’ve done it 500 times. I win. 

>
     If you didn't like it, then you would avoid it and spend all your time hiding in the safe space of the WT forum

it is is hardly a surprise that you really don’t want anyone challenging the crap you post. It would explain the made up attacks, making it more likely people who disagree with you will decide not to waste time here. 

You have deeply involved yourself in this game of enabling his sociopathic gaslighting

You do realize that none of you have ever shown how I’m enabling anything. For that to be true, it would have to mean Mark would have to do things differently if it wasn’t for my posts. But there is no logic to such a charge.

the following is a sarcastic description of applying TBD logic:

MK: “I really don’t want to post an update, but I’d do it anyway except that, fortunately, DBK is regularly posting about how I should do so and criticizing the fact that so many dates for updates have been missed. This criticism ENABLES me not to post the update”. 

So so much for your logic. 
  • Reply 1505 of 1615
    You are most certainly an apologist for the missed timeframes and delays
    We have been deep into missed deadlines for awhile now. Please tell me, with examples, when I was an apologist for them? Is this like claiming a hard line for when the end of the week is somehow is actually "endless"?
    Do you really expect me to dig out the numerous times over the years you’ve said it’s okay that Waytools are 4+yrs later than initially advertised because developing tech is really, really hard and the TextBlade is really, really tricky but amazing...?

...Really...? Seriously...?

Please don’t come the raw prawn with me... that feigned innocence may play well with the kids in junior high, but I’ve been pantsed by the big kids in senior high... I know the difference... Don’t try and say “but I was referring to being an apologist only in reference to missed updates... you failed to specify and you are therefore LYING...!”; you’re a Waytools apologist who occasionally chides them gently with a feather over communications deficiencies whilst explaining to everyone else why your definitions of what could possibly be considered “end of day/week/month/season/year” are actually the ones everyone else should adopt and why the common usage ones should be dismissed and why that makes it okay that Mark meets pretty much none of them on any number of fronts; product delivery or communications...
    alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1506 of 1615
    Do you really expect me to dig out the numerous times over the years you’ve said it’s okay that Waytools are 4+yrs later than initially advertised because developing tech is really, really hard and the TextBlade is really, really tricky but amazing...?

explaining to everyone else why your definitions of what could possibly be considered “end of day/week/month/season/year” are actually the ones everyone else should adopt
    1. Never said it was okay. I simply pointed out that new tech can have lots of unexpected problems and that the variables are far bigger than you seem to realize. I’ve also said I’d have to actually be at WT to really know how things stand. I’m not the only tregger that has pointed this out and that includes those who, before they got to use it, were very critical themselves. I don’t know of any who have made the opposite view. 

2. You and others seem quite intent on limiting the dates to the shortest possible time. I simply point out ALL the possibilities and take the position that it is best to be willing to accept the longer periods. After all, it doesn’t make more than 58 hours difference AT MOST. But if you are just looking to complain and that is most important to you, you will only consider the shortest time frame - or, in some cases, even a limit that is days earlier than even the shortest possible legitimate time. 

Btw, you are still making it all about me. 

• Reply 1507 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member

explaining to everyone else why your definitions of what could possibly be considered “end of day/week/month/season/year” are actually the ones everyone else should adopt
    1. Never said it was okay. I simply pointed out that new tech can have lots of unexpected problems and that the variables are far bigger than you seem to realize. I’ve also said I’d have to actually be at WT to really know how things stand. I’m not the only tregger that has pointed this out and that includes those who, before they got to use it, were very critical themselves. I don’t know of any who have made the opposite view. 

2. You and others seem quite intent on limiting the dates to the shortest possible time. I simply point out ALL the possibilities and take the position that it is best to be willing to accept the longer periods. After all, it doesn’t make more than 58 hours difference AT MOST. But if you are just looking to complain and that is most important to you, you will only consider the shortest time frame - or, in some cases, even a limit that is days earlier than even the shortest possible legitimate time. 

Btw, you are still making it all about me. 

Put another way; you’re apologising for them...

(You’re the one obsessed with whether or not people “make it about you” or not, I can play hide-the-sausage with you all 8 days of the week... Personally, I’d be more than happy to engage directly with Waytools and Mark Knighton on this forum, but there’s this pesky poster who keeps stepping in between Mark and the other customers on this forum and carrying his water...)
    alexonline
  • Reply 1508 of 1615
    I don't see that there's ever going to be a way to shut this man up, even completely ignoring him won't work although it might mitigate some of the worst of it.

I'd suggest you do as I have and ignore him completely. If we wish to comment on something he's posted on the WT forum, fine, but when the inevitable happens and he responds here, ignore it, pretend it wasn't posted. Likewise, when eventually in 2027 we get an update from WT, there will inevitably be some response from the apologist here. Ignore it - continue the conversation as if he wasn't here. It's the only way: you'll never get any sense out of him, and it's all about him "winning" (post 1505 above). I know it's tempting, because in the absence of WT there's nothing else to post about here, but maybe if we ignore him WT will feel duty bound to post himself, you never know.

Ignore the man with the balls. Let him win his own race, take his balls home, let him win whatever it is he needs to in order to shut up, please.
    alexonline
  • Reply 1509 of 1615
    Put another way; you’re apologising for them...
    Well, I guess that is another way. But I rejected it since it wouldn’t be true. 
  • Reply 1510 of 1615
    I don't see that there's ever going to be a way to shut this man up, even completely ignoring him won't work although it might mitigate some of the worst of it.

I'd suggest you do as I have and ignore him completely. If we wish to comment on something he's posted on the WT forum, fine, but when the inevitable happens and he responds here, ignore it, pretend it wasn't posted. Likewise, when eventually in 2027 we get an update from WT, there will inevitably be some response from the apologist here. Ignore it - continue the conversation as if he wasn't here. It's the only way: you'll never get any sense out of him, and it's all about him "winning" (post 1505 above). I know it's tempting, because in the absence of WT there's nothing else to post about here, but maybe if we ignore him WT will feel duty bound to post himself, you never know.

Ignore the man with the balls. Let him win his own race, take his balls home, let him win whatever it is he needs to in order to shut up, please.
    I trust you have noticed they have done quite the opposite of ignoring me. Oh, if they did, I’d still be posting based on what is said, but it would almost certainly be less than it is when they keep making it about me. And making stuff up at that. 
  • Reply 1511 of 1615
    RolanbekRolanbek Posts: 81member
    Yawn. 

Has someone that matters shown up yet?

Some bloke you have never heard of from down the pub says that textblade smells like the inside of his bobble hat. 

That's at least 361 times more interesting than the last 100 posts, and as verified as some of the claims made here.

Annnnnnnd go!

R

alexonlinepoisednoise
  • Reply 1512 of 1615
    What would the inside of a bobble hat smell like I wonder? At this time of year, probably alright, but generally not pleasant. At least if you live in the Northern hemisphere.

You know, now that I think about it, the creators and most significant fans of the textblade all live in places that don't really encounter bobble hats - California, Hawaii, etc. It's possible that they wouldn't know what the inside of a bobble smelt like, and so might think it was quite an exotic aroma. Wait until GR happens and the moaning about the funny musty smell starts.
    edited June 2019 Rolanbek
  • Reply 1513 of 1615
    1. Never said it was okay. I simply pointed out that new tech can have lots of unexpected problems and that the variables are far bigger than you seem to realize.
    When it comes to truth, you are cut from the same cloth as Mark. If the above statement is true, then why the propaganda post on the WT forum "Are the delays understandable?"

Defending all the shipping delays:
    https://forum.waytools.com/t/are-the-delays-understandable/4909

>Are the delays understandable?
    >I've said many times that I - and many other Treg testers - have found through their experience and
    >discussions with Mark (and each other) that the long delay in shipping is understandable. 

Sounds exactly like you're arguing that it's okay.

Really the best thing we can do here is collectively agree to put Kahuna on ignore, or beg the AI mods to ban him. This thread would be a lot quieter and more focused if Kahuna was forced to move his daily diatribes back to the WT forum where he belongs. Over there, he can mentally spoon with Colin and Verxion, and they can compare Mark to Da Vinci and make him feel warm and fuzzy about announcing an update and delaying it and announcing it again and delaying it and announcing it again and delaying it and announcing it again and delaying it and announcing it again and delaying it and announcing it again and delaying it and...

We are here to discuss the Textblade, and to engage the only known public facing employee involved in this scam. Mark Knighton.

Kahuna is a diabolical troll and a waste of time.

alexonline
  • Reply 1514 of 1615
    1. Never said it was okay. I simply pointed out that new tech can have lots of unexpected problems and that the variables are far bigger than you seem to realize.
    If the above statement is true, then why the propaganda post on the WT forum "Are the delays understandable?"

Sounds exactly like you're arguing that it's okay.
    Hey, thanks a lot for posting that link. I had forgotten I made it but it is a great source for specific backup about my statements that many Treg members, even those were had been critical before getting in Treg, realized through their own experience that things were far more complicated than they thought. People who complained about the delays and changed their minds when they learned more. Everyone should read at least that opening post!

Meanwhile, let's point out a few other things:

1. It says the delays are understandable, not "okay".

2. At the time that was posted, it was probably essentially the same thing, because we in Treg knew there were many problems which were common enough and severe enough that it shouldn't be in GR. After all, the post was made less than a year into Treg, when lots of issues were found. Too many to justify GR.

3. The post holds up quite well over the next year or so. Certainly fewer problems. However, none of us had enough info to know if the delays were "okay". You see, if there are lots of problems, it doesn't matter if I don't know if there are 50 or 1000, because 50 is too many. But when the numbers are much lower so the range is 2-50, then I can't tell because the info isn't detailed enough. No one outside of WT can.

4. And then we get into the decision to rewrite the firmware, which is much more recent. We can combine this with WT's announcement that the old firmware was "good enough" for shipping - as in how well it worked - but had the rather important problem that there was no space to efficiently fix the inevitable problem that new users would find upon GR. But while people waiting on it certainly don't want to keep waiting, the argument to free up memory is certainly a reasonable choice.

Not being at WT, we don't have enough info to decide one way or the other. So I can say something is understandable without knowing enough to say it is okay or not.

> Really the best thing we can do here is collectively agree to put Kahuna on ignore, or beg the AI mods to ban him.

LOL! Seeing a real pattern here to shut up any opposition to what you post! Now you have escalated up to a ban! Ignore me all you want. I won't care. But you need to get over this need to control things for everyone based on what you want.

> This thread would be a lot quieter and more focused if Kahuna was forced to move his daily diatribes back to the WT forum where he belongs.

Same pattern! But yeah, I'm sure things are quieter when only one side is heard! Just as there would be no more wars if those attacked simply instantly gave up!

> Kahuna is a diabolical troll and a waste of time.

Yet you keep posting about me.
    idea2go_twitter
  • Reply 1515 of 1615
    So this bobble hat lark. I wonder whether all the fluff that Mark has posted about how great it all is etc comes from the bobble hat too? Is the bobble hat becoming less fluffy because he fills his forum with it? And what about this firmware he keeps talking about? Are they really making more room in the firmware, or are they just having to empty everything out of the textblade in order to try to find out where the smell’s coming from?

Only 6 hours until Mark will be a full week over his update deadline. It really is bizarre to think that there are people still funding this man.
    alexonline
  • Reply 1516 of 1615

Only 6 hours until Mark will be a full week over his update deadline. It really is bizarre to think that there are people still funding this man.
    Well, if a scam is marketed properly at the outset, quite a bit of money can be collected. Then its just a matter of managing expenses. If Mark Knighton already had a bit of money from prior ventures, and then sold 10,000+ Textblades back in 2015 at an average of $150 per order including accessories, and he has only built around 150 prototypes, that's $10,000.00 in gross revenue per Textblade manufactured.

That's not a huge fortune by any measure, but if he isn't living too high off the hog, that money could last a while, though one would think we must be approaching the end of it all.

Which would explain the renewed marketing push. Appleinsider press coverage may have generated additional sales revenue from new unsuspecting victims.

Hence this thread.

I wonder about those 'two pallets' of Textblades the AI author saw. How long have they been sitting there? What version of hardware, if any, is inside the boxes? How old are the batteries?

When is someone on the inside going to have the guts to apply some real pressure to Mark Knighton?

Somebody really needs to leak what the 'free gift' is. Then people with existing early orders will be better informed as to whether or not the wait has been even remotely worth it. Keeping that secret at this point has become just another way of enabling Mark Knighton's unethical and pathologically delinquent behavior.
    edited June 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1517 of 1615
    I wouldn't be surprised if the “free gift” had never been determined. As in, I very much doubt MK ever bothered to really think it through. Who exactly was the free gift offered to anyway? I ordered in early March 2015 and there was never any mention of or reference to a free gift to me either by email, message or on my order form.

Maybe it’s a bobble hat. 
    edited June 2019
  • Reply 1518 of 1615
    I wouldn't be surprised if the “free gift” had never been determined. As in, I very much doubt MK ever bothered to really think it through. Who exactly was the free gift offered to anyway? I ordered in early March 2015 and there was never any mention of or reference to a free gift to me either by email, message or on my order form.
    The "top" free gift has been determined. It is stated on the box it is shipped in.

What is NOT determined is how it changes based on when you ordered nor where the cutoffs for each level are. I ordered in early March 2015 as well. But I don't know if the top gift will include those who ordered then or not. I hope it does as it is really quite good.
  • Reply 1519 of 1615
    WayTools_Support said on May 4th 2019:

Arkorott - we’ll post on our forum about the advances we’ve made to our firmware tech.  Look there for more details this month.  

So we’ll post all product news on our forum, and you’ll find it there.
     :* 
  • Reply 1520 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:
         I don't know if the top gift will include those who ordered then or not. I hope it does as it is really quite good.
    Hang in there folks. The mysterious 'free gift' is really quite good and if you just wait a little while longer, you will get to find out if you qualify for it or not! We're not sure if you will receive it if you ordered as far back as March 2015, but soon you will find out!

Disgusting. Gaslighting 101.

Ban the Kahuna shill or put him on ignore. He is a key player in the ponzi scheme.

edited June 2019 alexonline
This discussion has been closed.