Battery

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I recently took my battery out and when I re-inserted it the little grey slider won't slide back and I can't get the battery out now either. The computer runs fine, but I would like to resolve something it seems I messed up.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    It's better than not being able to get the battery back in.

Do you mean the PRAM battery, or a laptop battery?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Laptop battery.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    how hard did you have to push to get it in exactly?

also, what make/model laptop are you talking about?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I didn't think I pushed it hard at all. I have a 15" PB 1Ghz only about 4 weeks old.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Yeah I feel your pain and its one of those things that if you take it to an Apple Store the guy fixes it in 3 seconds and looks at you like you're some kind of idiot for not being able to fix it on your own.

A@ron
  • Reply 6 of 8
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Hey, that tech spent years training to be able to be that condescending!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    dunno then. i have the same model, and i've never had trouble with the battery, but i also have only take it out once or twice. you can't just do what you did to put it in in reverse?

• Reply 8 of 8
    How hard did you press it? I have only taken out my battery once or twice myself, and when I reinserted it I had to press very firmly near the latch in order for it to click back into place. The first time, I didn't and when I turned it over the battery fell out . I know you're probably a little afraid to force something, but just try that. Or...just take it to the Apple Store .