Sleep tracking may be coming to Apple Watch soon

Comments

• Reply 21 of 61
    I am already using my Watch for sleep tracking. How will this be any better?
    Why is the built-in anything usually better than third party apps? Who’s forcing you to switch?
    fastasleeppscooter63
  • Reply 22 of 61
    "it's not believed that there will be new Apple Watch hardware." 😭 I've just sold my series 2 in anticipation for this, my wrist has been naked for a week and I don't like it one bit!!! Looks like I'll have a bit of a dilemma then!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 61
    flyingdp said:
    Ok. Cool. But when do you charge your watch? I wear it all day and charge overnight.
    With my Series 4 I consistently find that about 75 minutes a day is more than enough charging time. I'm able to do this easily during time that I'm sitting at my desk doing computer stuff.
    albegarcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 61
    entropys said:
    Many wearers already use their Apple Watches to wake them up with silent haptic tapping instead of an alarm. With this new feature, the Watch will recognize when they're awake and active, and it will automatically cancel that alarm. 

What if a fall back to to sleep Again?
    What happens if you turn off (not snooze) an alarm and then fall asleep again? 

Apple isnt able to solve every single instance of anything undesired happening to someone somewhere sometime. 
    designrfastasleeppscooter63muthuk_vanalingamrazorpitllamawatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 61
    flyingdp said:
    Ok. Cool. But when do you charge your watch? I wear it all day and charge overnight.
    The experimentation force is not strong with this one, Obi Won.
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 61
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    JinTech said:
    flyingdp said:
    Same though considering it doesn't take long to get to a full charge, a half hour or so before sleep should be sufficient? I start wearing my watch around 9am and take it off usually before midnight and it still has half charge left.
    I'd have thought the ideal time was while you're in the shower. Sure, you might not take half an hour to shower, but with all the other ablutions that usually go along with it, you could get it charged enough to last until your next shower.

And if you don't shower at least once a day, eww...
    pscooter63razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 61
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    entropys said:
    Many wearers already use their Apple Watches to wake them up with silent haptic tapping instead of an alarm. With this new feature, the Watch will recognize when they're awake and active, and it will automatically cancel that alarm. 

What if a fall back to to sleep Again?
    What happens if you turn off (not snooze) an alarm and then fall asleep again? 

Apple isnt able to solve every single instance of anything undesired happening to someone somewhere sometime. 
    I tips my lid at your wise and insightful, well, insight.
    It’was a joke.  
    In reality Apple would probably make snooze automatic, so you no longer need a snooze button.

• Reply 28 of 61
    I was so excited when Apple bought Beddit. But how many years ago was that? Nothing has come of it yet, and the rumour is now maybe we'll see something by 2020?
    The article references 2019, not 2020, and Apple only bought it two years ago.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 61
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    flyingdp said:
    I've been wearing mine all night and all day without issue, I put it on charge as soon as I get up and it's charged by the time I've through a shower and breakfast.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 61
    flyingdp said:
    Easy, If you are at zero, it only takes 1.5 hours to get to 80%, since most people aren't at zero, you probably can fully charge it up while you shower and get ready in the morning.
    razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 61
    RckrdudeRckrdude Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Big deal. My Apple Watch Series 3 already does this with the Sleep watch app. 
    albegarc
  • Reply 32 of 61
    What changes occurred between the Series 3 and the Series 4 Watch regarding sensors. Did Apple add additional sensors to the Series 4 or were Series 4 sensors modified from the original Series 3? I know the Series 4 received the EKG capability but what sensor is utilized for "Sleep Tracking"?
  • Reply 33 of 61
    dougd said:
    Utter insanity 
    Dougd doesn’t like it! Shocker. 
    ihatescreennamesmacguipscooter63StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 61
    Arina14 said:
    codename 'Burrito'  :D :D :D who comes up with these things? 
    dunno but they have lots of fun. some standouts…
    • Mac II FX "Weed Whacker"
    • PowerMac G4 "Yikes!" (some kind of last-minute "it was gonna be a G3 but not anymore" thing)
    • the PowerMac 7100 "Project Sagan," renamed "Project Butthead Astronomer" when he threatened to sue

pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 61
    I don’t know what good a sleep app will do. I charge my Watch’s battery at night. If it had a battery as good as my Versa, maybe, but not now.
  • Reply 36 of 61
    With my CPAP machine and a future Apple sleep app,, the sleep Gods will have me covered at night. LOL. Seriously though, I  wish the nightly CPAP readings would integrate  with the Appe Health app. 
    pscooter63razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 61
    macxpress said:
    flyingdp said:
    I charge my Watch from 9 pm to 10:30 pm. 100% then go to bed. I wake up somewhere at 93%. Thats it. Why to charge overnight?
    My watch is out of battery by like 11pm.
    How old is it and have you replaced the battery? AW4 gets 2 days for me. 
    Series 0...it's never lasted more than 1 day. 
  • Reply 38 of 61

I am already using my Watch for sleep tracking. How will this be any better?
    I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.
    pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 61
    Rckrdude said:
    Big deal. My Apple Watch Series 3 already does this with the Sleep watch app. 
    But you don't know what this feature may or may not do. Lets not draw conclusions based on ZERO information. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 61
    netrox said:
    I am one of the wearers to bed because I need it for sleep monitoring and also for alarm. I use AutoSleep which monitors my sleep movement and my heart rate. It's amazing. I recharge mine while I shower.
    I do the same with my almost 2 year old series 3. Every once in a while I will have to give it a quick 20 minutes at night especially if I’ve used any cellular during the day but usually about 45 minutes while I get ready for work gets me alone 90% to start the day. 
    razorpitwatto_cobra