Tim Cook says Japan's Seiko Advance is why there's a Midnight Green iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    dunks said:
    Like 5% of males I have deuteranomaly making the midnight green virtually indistinguishable from the space black.

You’re missing a color that is quite different and pleasing 
    You say that as if the OP is intentionally not seeing the color correctly ...  Thats like saying it’s so nice to be able to see over other people in a crowd and reach things on high shelves to a person that is 4ft 11in.   Haha 
  • Reply 22 of 27
    kudu said:
    AppleCare Plus solves all problems, including going commando. 
    To an extent. I’ve just realized I’ve used up my two incidents, so it’s either $279 I think for a screen replacement... or now you can renew AppleCare monthly? I guess I’ll do the latter as my coverage expires in 2 weeks, then use my first of two incidents in 24 months again. Hard to figure out how to do this online, says to go to my support but there is nowhere to renew coverage. I’ll hit them up on chat to find out my options. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27

They have materials and supply chain experts already, genius. 
    Your respect is misplaced - as they haven’t decreased their dependency on those.
    On the contrary (as any wacko can see)
  • Reply 24 of 27
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    at the size of Apple with sole supply! very gutsy!  it showed different way (better) doing business in Appleland.  Normal MBA would demand 2 supplies for risk midigation and keep price down (gov sourcing included).  Good Tim Apple!  hats up (off).  
  • Reply 25 of 27
    ajmasajmas Posts: 601member
    Any win on the race to the bottom is going to be temporary and requires being able to sell enough to cover base costs. 

There is something to be said for focusing on a smaller market share, while ensuring you are providing a product people are willing to pay more for. 
  • Reply 26 of 27
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    The green really is beautiful. Now find a supplier of unbreakable glass so we don’t have to cover these things up with fucking cases. :)
    For many years now if I'm not at the gym, or out getting into trouble with adult beverages, there is no case on my phone. Digging the green.
    I’ve only started using a case after replacing my iPhone X, having broken the back and then the front. I just dropped it in it’s current case and it still cracked the front. I was just saying to someone I might next go back to naked but get a heavier duty case only for when out drinking, which would eliminate most risk. I hate cases so the current one I have is fairly thin. 
    I use a slip case (from Sena) for when the iPhone is in my pocket. Otherwise I don’t use a case when I’m actually using it. I’ve only ever dropped an iPhone when putting it in or taking it out of my pocket. And the slip-case protects it from damage from my pocket contents. So at work or at home when I don’t need the iPhone in my pocket, I get the benefits of having the uncased iPhone while having reasonable protection while moving about. 

I don’t see many people doing this (or any really). It seems like such a good solution between protection and using the iPhone naked I don’t know why it isn’t more popular. Anyway, YMMV but it works for me as an iPhone owner since the original in 2007. 
  • Reply 27 of 27
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member

They have materials and supply chain experts already, genius. 
    Your respect is misplaced - as they haven’t decreased their dependency on those.
    On the contrary (as any wacko can see)
    Guess what? You're wrong. Have you read their environmental impact reports? They outline all the ways they're reducing, recycling, and reusing these elements in their products wherever possible to the best of their abilities, and increasingly so. Lisa Jackson (who is not a wacko) talks about this stuff often.

Read these:
    https://www.apple.com/environment/pdf/Apple_Environmental_Responsibility_Report_2019.pdf
    https://www.apple.com/environment/pdf/Apple_Material_Impact_Profiles_April2019.pdf

Or at least skim the bullet points:
    https://www.apple.com/environment/
    https://www.apple.com/environment/our-approach/