how many people are using the "ignore" feature of vB??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
it is easy to totally ignore all the posts of another member now that we have transitioned to vB....is anybody using this function?? is it a good thing that vB added, or is it a part of the new forum that should be kept off-limits to users??

g

ps...on a side note, with vB the admins can limit users to just certain forums while blocking access to the others...i asked them to lock me out of AO...now i can't even see that forum on my main page...it has been sweet for me...and i am sure i have not been missed from there either...just back to a nice mac/apple forum for thegelding....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Hmm, weird, a thread with nothing in it
  • Reply 2 of 28
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    what are you talking about? i can see your post Rod
  • Reply 3 of 28
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Yeah, but I promise you I didn't start this thread.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Dude, next time have a topic and post that are related.

I don't see how "A thread with nothing in it" relates to the subject matter...using the ignore feature of vB? I mean, sure, I use it rather heavily to block out the infiltrating philosophies of all the old fogies around here, but "A thread with nothing in it"...am I missing something?

• Reply 5 of 28
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    hey, at least i can see my own threads and post...haven't blocked myself yet...

and the title and first post make sense to me...and, really, that is all that matters in life...

g
  • Reply 6 of 28
    The hell?

This thread was listing as having unread posts, yet mine is the latest.

Someone call Brad, vB seems to be going the way of UBB.

• Reply 7 of 28
    As an aside:

Damn.

The very worst part of you...is me.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

Damn.

The very worst part of you...is me.

I have no one here in my ignore list. I am just so used to ignoring the threads about politics, religion etc ... and too long posts .. etc etc. Well I could try. Can't really use that feature in the other place ...
  • Reply 9 of 28
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    First post!
  • Reply 10 of 28
    man, actually that ignore feature rules!

especially useful for long posting crackpots.

(not you g)

• Reply 11 of 28
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    There are a few freaks here I'd love to ignore... but I took an oath to protect the innocent when I got my mod badge.

My battle rages.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

There are a few freaks here I'd love to ignore... but I took an oath to protect the innocent when I got my mod badge.

My battle rages.

Sorry to ask this, Murbot, but there is a few questions about Hulk that i always wanted to ask :

- how many clothes he destroy per year ?

- why his pants does not break. When we see the size of his thigs compared to the size of Bruce Banner's thig, i have no doubt that his usual Jean could not resist to this transformation.
  • Reply 13 of 28
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Who posted this thread?

Haven't.... yet. I do appreciate the ignore sig part though. Some people like to post The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock after their one sentence replies.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Long posting crackpots??!?!?

And there 4000+ of them too. I may actually have the most total words posted to AI, haha, hey look AI now looks different from Al, at least in the text box. Cool.

Anyway, I never really notice long posts because I type fastish and I read really fast, and I spend most of my day reading and typing and AI is just a sort of light entertainment, but I can see how long posts might bother some people who aren't used to reading and writing so much.

The whole ignore principle kinda bothers me though, philosophically. Seems that the purpose of anonymous interatcion is to open people up to abuses of their personal thoughts. A kind of terrorism where you can write what you please but have to read everything. You cannot censor without first deciding what to discard, so that even once you decide some item is worthless it has had time in your brain whether you want it there or not, the pleasure then of this whole board is in submission and revolt, but I digest... ignore away.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I'm not using it. I think I want to hear every opinion. I don't have to read it though.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

i..and i am sure i have not been missed from there either....

Not for me thegelding, not for me, now i am nearly the oldest regular poster of AO
  • Reply 17 of 28
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Not for me thegelding, not for me, now i am nearly the oldest regular poster of AO

almost, doc, almost.

hehe. but you're on my buddy list.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    well matsu, if it makes you feel better, there's only 1 person on my ignore list, and you're not it.

however, since this person never posts in forums i mod, and they never have anything worthwhile to say, i LOVE being able to just ignore every post they make.

i'm willing to give everyone a fair shot, but after a while you're just wasting time.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    wtf? How come there is only like one post in this thread?

• Reply 20 of 28
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Don't feel bad alcimedes, an angry smilie is still a smilie! This one looks more menacing than the last, and the original, but it's still a smilie and so never completely angry. haha, just trying to break it in a bit but it doesn't mean that I'm [ angry], more like [ ], or [ haha]

Smile! Smilies are fun!!!