AAPL hammered, bleeds 12.5% because of coronavirus once again

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    ElCapitan said:
    I am sure that; BREAKING: France hits #Apple with record €1.1 BILLION fine for monopoly practices  did not exactly help the share. 

France’s national competition regulator announced on Monday it has fined American tech giant Apple a record €1.1 billion ($1.23bn) for anti-competitive practices after nearly a decade of investigations.

The decision comes over Apple’s alleged anti-competitive behavior in its distribution and sales networks.

The authority said that two of Apple’s wholesalers, Tech Data and Ingram Micro, were fined €63 million and €76 million respectively for unlawfully agreeing on prices.

According to the French regulator, “Apple and its two wholesalers have agreed not to compete with each other and to prevent distributors from competing with each other, thereby sterilising the wholesale market for Apple products.”

Last month, the country’s Directorate-General for Competition, Consumption and the Suppression of Fraud fined Apple €25 million for the firm’s practice of slowing down iPhones after operating system updates. This followed Apple’s release of an iOS update several years ago that introduced a new feature for older devices.

From RT.com

Only in France could a company which is successful be punished for giving customers what they want.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    sirozhasirozha Posts: 801member
    the monk said:
    sirozha said:
    AAPL will be at or below $150 by August 31st. 
    Why are you spending time talking about this here? If your guesstimates is so exact and such a sure thing, then spend more time raising huge positions to short the stock so you can make serious money.
    I'm doing exactly that. 
  • Reply 23 of 25
    sirozhasirozha Posts: 801member
    cgWerks said:
    sirozha said:
    Is Vegas illegal?  
    No, though some might question the morality of gambling, I suppose.
    By legitimized, I meant they are trying to pretend they aren't gambling by using investment terminology.
    If I had enough spare money, I might 'play' the Markets too... as I could have easily made a TON of $$$ over the years on AAPL.
    AAPL reacts so predictably to the media, it is almost like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Well, why didn't you? I came to this country as a poor immigrant, and now I'm a multi-millionaire. What prevented you from doing the same, since you had all the benefits of growing up in this country? What prevented you from buying a couple shares every month even if you didn't have a lot of money to spare? 
    edited March 2020
  • Reply 24 of 25
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    the monk said:
    sirozha said:
    AAPL will be at or below $150 by August 31st. 
    Why are you spending time talking about this here? If your guesstimates is so exact and such a sure thing, then spend more time raising huge positions to short the stock so you can make serious money.

He's spamming that trash in every thread. 
  • Reply 25 of 25
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    sirozha said:
    Well, why didn't you? I came to this country as a poor immigrant, and now I'm a multi-millionaire. What prevented you from doing the same, since you had all the benefits of growing up in this country? What prevented you from buying a couple shares every month even if you didn't have a lot of money to spare? 
    Fair point, and a bit of a long story. Part of it was buying a couple things I wanted more (which one could chalk up to lack of self control). Part of it was getting screwed a number of times in entrepreneurial endeavors and health issues (in a broken health care system). Then, mostly, that paying bills and debt off takes priority over making investments of that type. Maybe that latter aspect has been a mistake, and I should have carved out more of a balance of doing both.

Having hindsight I have now, for sure, I should have found *any* way to just keep buying a share now and then back when it was $13ish a share! But, back in those times, I don't think any of us could have imagined Apple being THAT successful. We were pretty sure it would go up, but not so much that we'd have gotten risky about it. Several of my clients and friends did buy and made a lot (though some sold too much before it really took off).

But, keep in mind... for every success story like yours, there are dozens where things didn't go well. Maybe my next attempt will go better.