Wedbush raises Apple price target to $350, says Apple is past the 'eye of the storm'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,425member
    apple ][ said:
    What exactly constitutes "a few more" in your mind? There are going to be millions dead worldwide before this is over. Even with a moderately nihilistic worldview, I find it beyond bizarre when people gloss over this like it's no big deal. 
    I guess it depends on how somebody views things. Millions is not that many in the big scope of things. There are plenty of billions on the planet, way more than ever before, due to irresponsible breeding by some humans. It would be worse if millions were killed by an act of war or by other humans for example, but this seems to be purely biological.
    Alright, at least you're willing to stick to your guns and admit you do not give a fuck other people. It's easy to dismiss others' suffering when you have no sense of empathy. Is this a clinical trait of yours or do you have some other motivation like money?
    edited May 2020
  • Reply 22 of 26
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    apple ][ said:
    So you'd have been happier if we plowed ahead full steam and hit the high ends of the mortality projections? A few million dead would be fine, because the economy? Fuck right off.
    The projections are garbage, about as accurate as AAPL stock price projections, or even worse.

A huge amount of deaths are from nursing homes. Close them off, quarantine them  and isolate them completely, leave everything else open.

That method would have been far more effective than sending infected patients straight back into nursing homes, so that they could infect everybody else there. Good job politicians and governors in certain states, lol. And those are the people who we should be listening to? No thanks.
    And this idea you have, you have data to support that?
    fastasleep
  • Reply 23 of 26
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Alright, at least you're willing to stick to your guns and admit you do not give a fuck other people. It's easy to dismiss others' suffering when you have no sense of empathy. Is this a clinical trait of yours or do you have some other motivation like money?
    A trait of yours seems to be to make wild accusations and assumptions about others, like when you previously said that I am like a branch davidian death cultist, and now you are assigning other motivations to me, neither of which are correct.

You mention empathy.

I'd say that I'm more like Jesus or God and I can see the greater picture which common people who are susceptible to MSM hysteria, hyperbole and BS are not capable of seeing. I have empathy for all, not just for those who have been killed by the virus.

There are many that will commit suicide due to losing their jobs, businesses or life work. There are those that will lose their homes or perhaps not be able to feed their family. There are those who have various other medical conditions and illnesses and all those people have now been put on the back burner, due to the virus hysteria. Some of them have already died.

Like I said previously, there is a balancing game to be played, and it's time to move the pendulum away from the hysterical virus direction and more towards the let's get back to business direction, because there are other things that are as important too. There are also those who are using the virus for political reasons, such as certain politicians who wish to have everything shut down and closed for as long as possible, as they wish to ruin the economy and everything, that is their goal. The more dead, the better, because they think that'll help them out in the fall. I have bad news for them. It won't.

edited May 2020
  • Reply 24 of 26
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,425member
    apple ][ said:
    A trait of yours seems to be to make wild accusations and assumptions about others, like when you previously said that I am like a branch davidian death cultist, and now you are assigning other motivations to me, neither of which are correct.

You mention empathy.

I'd say that I'm more like Jesus or God and I can see the greater picture which common people who are susceptible to MSM hysteria, hyperbole and BS are not capable of seeing. I have empathy for all, not just for those who have been killed by the virus.

There are many that will commit suicide due to losing their jobs, businesses or life work. There are those that will lose their homes or perhaps not be able to feed their family. There are those who have various other medical conditions and illnesses and all those people have now been put on the back burner, due to the virus hysteria. Some of them have already died.

Like I said previously, there is a balancing game to be played, and it's time to move the pendulum away from the hysterical virus direction and more towards the let's get back to business direction, because there are other things that are as important too. There are also those who are using the virus for political reasons, such as certain politicians who wish to have everything shut down and closed for as long as possible, as they wish to ruin the economy and everything, that is their goal. The more dead, the better, because they think that'll help them out in the fall. I have bad news for them. It won't.
    Alright, while I appreciate you clarifying your position, I don't think we'll agree on much here. I was reacting to what you wrote, which were pretty harsh takes on certain aspects of the situation — so yeah, some assumptions were made. I get what you're saying at a distance, but I don't think we have any data to suggest that the effects of lockdown are objectively worse for more people than the effects of the actual virus at this point. Kinda like how you focused on nursing homes, which do not by any means constitute a majority of victims. So that leads to the obvious question of, why do you care about these lesser factors than the clearly obvious main one? Seems a little hand-wavy to me when you're trying to make an argument for a massive change in policy. 

And yeah, getting the economy going again usually points to money. Do you need money? Do you have businesses that are losing money? Is your stock portfolio down? Are those things more important than potential loss in life? Those are the questions that were in my head at that point. You haven't really offered much else to draw from here other than whataboutisms, so assumptions will happen. /shrug

Yes, there are many issues to contend with and the fact we're hamstrung by a dysfunctional government does not help. I won't bring up the various roles that factor here as I can see clearly which side of that fence you align with, and I disagree with your assessment of who is doing what here for what objectives. No leader's goal is to "ruin the economy and everything", that's rightwing talking point nonsense. There are clearly good reasons for keeping areas locked down to prevent further spikes in cases and deaths. And, as we've seen there are leaders who are willing to open things up full speed with little regard for who will be affected. Clearly the correct action is somewhere in the middle in most cases. Unfortunately it seems pretty clear there's not going to be some sort of coming together to face this all down together, so here we are watching history unfold just like it did just over 100 years ago. Same shit in 1918 as 2020, this year's going to be a hell of a rollercoaster.

edited May 2020
  • Reply 25 of 26
    sconosciutosconosciuto Posts: 267member
    apple ][ said:
    Yes, some mothers will die, maybe mine, maybe yours. It is what it is.
    #AllLivesMatter sure had a short shelf life.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 26 of 26
    sconosciutosconosciuto Posts: 267member
    apple ][ said:
    I guess it depends on how somebody views things. Millions is not that many in the big scope of things. There are plenty of billions on the planet, way more than ever before, due to irresponsible breeding by some humans. It would be worse if millions were killed by an act of war or by other humans for example, but this seems to be purely biological.

Stalin approves of your comment.
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic."

fastasleep