Apple lands 'Hedy Lamarr' TV series starring Gal Gadot

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    entropys said:
    You could not make that movie today. Not a chance.
    You couldn't make that movie even back in its day. Mel Brooks wanted Richard Pryor to do the role, but Hollywood was too scared to work with him.

Richard Pryor co-wrote it and if you watch the interview with the now late Gene Wilder he talks about Richard's heavy drug use was the main reason he was recast.
    ronn
  • Reply 22 of 24
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    DAalseth said:
    wizard69 said:
    This could be very interesting if done well.    I'm not sure a long series is justified but a movie certainly would appeal to many.
    That’s something that I see a lot. Quite a few shows that I think “ok you had material for a film, a documentary, maybe three or four episodes, but really a series? 

It usually ends up looking like desperation when they run out of material but want to keep the series running.   Lemarr is one interesting person but I can't see how a series would benefit any person from that era.
    DAalseth
  • Reply 23 of 24
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    crowley said:
    wizard69 said:
    This could be very interesting if done well.    I'm not sure a long series is justified but a movie certainly would appeal to many.
    There was a documentary Bombshell released a few years ago that was very good.

I haven't seen that one.    Read a biography a few years ago and frankly I don't do that often and in this case found the book hard to put down.   Unfortunately I can't remember the title.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    artdentartdent Posts: 69member
    crowley said:
    entropys said:
    entropys said:
    You could not make that movie today. Not a chance.
    You couldn't make that movie even back in its day. Mel Brooks wanted Richard Pryor to do the role, but Hollywood was too scared to work with him.
    That would have been interesting. But I don’t think Pryor and Wilder together would have worked as well for the movie. Comedy duos need a straight man.
    Not a fan of Stir Crazy?
    Or Silver Streak?