job opening

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
See the following I'd like someone who knows Macs

The Iowa City Community School District is looking for an educational leader for the position of Director of Instruction, Technology and Data Management with a Math/Science emphasis for the 2003-2004 school year. The Iowa City Community School District has a culturally diverse population of approximately 11,000 students. The District serves the communities of Iowa City, Coralville, Hills, North Liberty, University Heights and the surrounding rural areas; while employing over 1200 staff members. Minimum Salary of $ 82,000. The qualified candidate should possess:

? Iowa Administrative Certification

? Teaching and administrative experience

? Curriculum and instructional experience

? Knowledge about technology and data management

Candidates should seek application materials at www.iccsd.k12.ia.us under personnel/job listings. Application deadline is April 4, 2003. Inquiries can be made to the Director of Human Resources, Iowa City Community School District, 319-688-1000. EOE/AA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    11,000 students in the district? I didn't even know there were 11,000 people in Iowa.

Sounds like a good job for people that are looking. How about it Amorph? Want to work in a public school system?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

11,000 students in the district? I didn't even know there were 11,000 people in Iowa.

I resent that! There are at least 12,000 of us, so nyah!

By the way, I hear that New Hampshire is the most populous state in the Union... if you count the trees.

Quote:

Sounds like a good job for people that are looking. How about it Amorph? Want to work in a public school system?

Heh. I already do, after a fashion (the University of Iowa keeps a roof over my head). I don't have the necessary qualifications, or any particular desire to be an administrator, though.

...well, um, not that kind of Administrator, anyway.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    I am originally from DM, but I live in Phoenix now. I can't say that I would actually move back there now, but do you have more info?

I moved here 8/02 and the job market here absolutely sucks. I just got off a temp job at intel, and I would dump any INTC stock if you have any, that place is going to the sh*tter. They are shipping a LOT of work to India, and the rest they are laying off.

I worked construction on a medical science building for UofI one Summer ('96) and lived in a motel in Coralville (the Best Western off Interstate 80 before you get to IC). That was a bad summer because my college gf lived in Kansas City . Head was few and far between.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    that's a lotta clams
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by muah

They [Intel] are shipping a LOT of work to India, and the rest they are laying off.

I have a friend who has worked for Intel for about 8 years now. He works in a large building where Intel has three floors. He works on the middle floor of the three. He recently informed me that, literally, the entire floor above him and the entire floor below him were laid-off. Weird.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    iccsdiccsd Posts: 4member
    The primary Job will be helping design and implement Math/Science Curriculum. We need a real renaissance person as Technology will become very important. We have 4 people doing the tech for this district. We have 2700 computers of which 2000 are Macs. I'd like to keep it that way.(using macs that is)

We do get alot of cultural events here becouse of the UIowa. Check it out and see waht we have to offer if your in education
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

By the way, I hear that New Hampshire is the most populous state in the Union... if you count the trees.

As a native of NH I resent your broad generalizations. It is a well known fact that our cow population is what puts us over the top, and thats only the North Country .
  • Reply 8 of 11
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iccsd

We do get alot of cultural events here becouse of the UIowa. Check it out and see waht we have to offer if your in education

Well I'm in education (meaning undergrad Biomedical Engineering). Sorry would take the job if I could Then again who wants to be at the mercy of the budget of Iowa? Not I, that's for sure.

A@ron
  • Reply 9 of 11
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by A@ron

Well I'm in education (meaning undergrad Biomedical Engineering). Sorry would take the job if I could Then again who wants to be at the mercy of the budget of Iowa? Not I, that's for sure.

This isn't a good time to be at the mercy of anyone's budget, but the UI has committed to keeping as many jobs as possible (and they've done very well at that), and Iowa City did just pass that [$48M - thanks iccsd!] referendum for the schools. It doesn't look nearly as bleak as the private sector. Someone I know got laid off from Rockwell Collins in nearby Cedar Rapids after working there for over 10 years... just in time for the new baby.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    iccsdiccsd Posts: 4member
    Quote:

Iowa City did just pass that $2M referendum for the schools

That was $48 million. Thank you Iowa City!!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by muah

They are shipping a LOT of work to India, and the rest they are laying off.

Kodak is doing the same thing. Half the work is going to India while the other half is going to China. Fuji one-time use cameras are now more american than Kodak's. Kodak's are mostly made in China ( all will be in a couple months when they close the last American plant ) while Fuji just opened a new one-time use production facility in New York. They should have just waited a couple months and they could have bought one from Kodak.