Evidence mounting for 'Apple One' Services bundle launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    twokatmew said:
    aderutter said:
    For this to be successful I reckon it needs to be $20/£20 per month for everything including family sharing.
    In my opinion each service is worth no more than $5/£5.
    Currently, Music and News are way, way over priced.

Agreed. I’m only interested in TV+, News+ and Cloud Storage. Wish they’d mix and match any three services for a certain price. Not interested in the rest or the $40 monthly price tag. 
    I currently pay $9.99 a month for 2TB of iCloud storage, plus $9.99 a month for Apple Music. I'm not that interested in the Apple News, and have had no time to play games, so only marginally interested in Apple Arcade, however if it's bundled with other streaming services, I can see a $40 a month fee, since it would price cut all the other services. 

However what all these services never take into account is ISP, which is usually over $100 a month, and usually, like FiOS, bundles other services, and is not really available as ISP only. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 29
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Love the name Apple One but like someone else mentioned, Apple renamed their radio station Apple Music One Radio. Hope we don't have an Apple TV/Apple TV Channels/Apple TV+ situation. Whoever the hell has been naming Apple's products lately needs the boot.

Let's hope AirPods Pro Lite isn't real.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    "Mac One" would actually be a fabulous new name for "iMac". It's an "all-in-one" after all. And the new Apple Silicon is an opportune chance Apple's crack marketing team can justify a rebranding. I love it. We may find out on Tuesday.
    DAalsethwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 29
    and not to forget about iTunes Match ... for which I still pay for separately.
    edited September 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Roll these services also out in other countries. Else this is hypothetical for me at best.  
    I think this will be limited to the primary markets at launch. It may even probably be limited to US at launch. 
  • Reply 26 of 29
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    aderutter said:
    aderutter said:
    For this to be successful I reckon it needs to be $20/£20 per month for everything including family sharing.
    In my opinion each service is worth no more than $5/£5.
    Currently, Music and News are way, way over priced.

Is your criticism with Apple or with all other streaming and online services like Spotify and Google? Spotify's streaming music is about the same price as Apple's, and Google's cloud services are nearly exactly the same price as Apple's. So I'm confused why you are picking on Apple alone? And I just looked up Microsoft's game streaming services, it's exactly the same as Apple Arcade (a penny higher, actually). Im happy to listen to your opinions, but please explain yourself. 
    Not singling anyone out. Just my personal opinion on value. I don’t see many people signing up for $480/£480 a year for these services.

For me Netflix provides okay value, at a push. AppleTV+ looks expensive for the amount of content I’d watch, so glad it was free for a year.

Apple Music and Spotify both are very highly priced imho. I’m a big music fan, with a large music library and prefer to buy CDs especially if I can buy them direct from the artist. I think Apple Music and Spotify are a step up from radio but not a big one given that you own nothing if you  stop subscribing. 

News? I am used to news sources being free, or a tiny amount for a newspaper or free at anytime on the TV, but I didn’t really watch or consume much news at all until this pandemic started.

I think overall I’m not a fan of streaming or downloads, for gaming I prefer buying disc based versions forPlayStation for example.
    I do subscribe to PlayStationPlus where you get a couple of decent games most months, but think that too is actually not cheap at $5\£5 a month. Maybe it’s me that is cheap, lol.
    I like how we are having a civil discussion despite having different opinions. I wouldn't pay $480 extra either, but since I'm already paying for most of Apple's services, it might actually be a step DOWN in cost. I'm an avid Internet news reader too, which is largely free, but it's infested with ads. I thought Apple News would be ad-free, but it isn't. It's not ad-infested but it's annoying to see ads when I'm paying. If I subscribed to newspapers online, would my experience be ad-free? Does anyone know?
    Of course not. For years we paid to receive a newspaper that came loaded with ads. Subscriptions never covered the cost of running the newspaper. The online papers and the websites for the papers still have ads.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 29
    may have been said but I hope they have a "pick 2 services" or "pick 3 services" pricing  - I'm only interested in Music and Storage.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    bsnjon said:
    Self described music fans saying Apple Music is over priced is ludicrous. While Apple pays artists noticeably more than most of the competition, it is a tiny amount of income to the people actually making the music. 
    It's like any other type of subscription: if you don't have an active interest in what you're subscribing to, then obviously it won't be worth it. For me, I actively listen to at least a couple of hours of music every day and have a fairly wide range of genre interests, so Apple Music always seems like an incredible bargain.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    mike1 said:

Of course not. For years we paid to receive a newspaper that came loaded with ads. Subscriptions never covered the cost of running the newspaper. The online papers and the websites for the papers still have ads.
    Online news subscriptions save the publisher the cost of physical printing and delivery, so for the same price I would expect an ad-free experience. In fact, Apple News gives me an ad-reduced experience (in some cases, ad-free) so it must be possible to make money with no ads. But the main reason I won't pay for newspapers online is that I don't trust most companies with my email address which they intend to share and use to make even more money off me. Apple is above that; Apple respects its customers.
    edited September 2020