Video offers close look at Apple-designed face mask

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,036member
    mooox said:
    mooox said:
    yet this is 99% similar to the Korean masks. 
    So copying is only ok for Korean companies like Samsung?

For one thing, this is being made for its own employees safety, not as a public product for sale. 
    Actually according to the judges, Samsung didn't copy Apple; All the "infringing" patents were invalidated after that the lawsuit. 

There is nothing wrong about copying. More than 50% of every single iOS update was copied from Android, and more than 50% of Android was based on iOS. 

My only beef is Apple claiming that it's designed by Apple. They even printed it on the packaging. 
    Don't be so glib. 

The word "copying" as no meaning here. The context is a legal context.

Copy as in copywrite, copy as in Utility patent, copy as in Design Patent, copy as in a process patent, copy as in materials patent, copy as in a biological patent, copy as in a patent that has expired, copy as in something that is in the public domain, copy that is not a subject matter than can be patented, copy as an idea (which is not subject of IP). 
    watto_cobrahammeroftruthjony0
  • Reply 22 of 25
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Why do you guys advertise this douchebag? He generated his entire subscriber base with "bendgate" and then shitting on Apple for most of his videos. 
    Beatsjony0
  • Reply 23 of 25
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    mooox said:
    mooox said:
    yet this is 99% similar to the Korean masks. 
    So copying is only ok for Korean companies like Samsung?

For one thing, this is being made for its own employees safety, not as a public product for sale. 
    Actually according to the judges, Samsung didn't copy Apple; All the "infringing" patents were invalidated after that the lawsuit. 

There is nothing wrong about copying. More than 50% of every single iOS update was copied from Android, and more than 50% of Android was based on iOS. 

My only beef is Apple claiming that it's designed by Apple. They even printed it on the packaging. 

Of course Samsung copied Apple. Doesn't matter what Koh said.

Um no, 99% of android is ripped off from Apple. Android was originally gonna be a knockoff Blackberry alternative.
    edited September 2020 jony0
  • Reply 24 of 25
    slurpy said:
    Why do you guys advertise this douchebag? He generated his entire subscriber base with "bendgate" and then shitting on Apple for most of his videos. 

His subscribers are some of the dumbest people on YouTube and he knows it. Every video has some stupid snarky remark about Apple on it. For example, even though these masksa are FREE they're commenting crap like "Now Apple will sell water for $49000" and "Straps sold separately".

iKnockoff defenders are the most stupid people on Earth. Stupidity and ignorance is a pet peeve of mine.
    jony0
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Beats said:
    chasm said:
    That guy is pretty well-spoken and thorough, but still that video was about three times longer than it needed to be and that’s before we get to the protracted ad segment (which I don’t begrudge, it’s how he makes his money).

The guy is one of the biggest iHaters on YouTube.
    So what? Is everyone supposed to love and worship Apple just because you do and think they are are the best? 

They are the best. If they weren't we wouldn't be flooded with knockoffs in the market. Common sense.

The problem isn't criticism and YOU KNOW THIS. You're just playing stupid to make a point. The problem is the clear bias, lies and jabs from these morons.

Saying "so what?" only encourages this bias and breeds a toxic army of morons who cannot think for themselves who worship YouTubers and repeat their crap.

If someone is biased and stirring sh** for money I'm gonna call them out. I don't care if you get mad.

@sirlance99
    edited September 2020 jony0