'The Morning Show' restarts production on Oct. 19

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple TV+ original "The Morning Show" is set to resume production on Oct. 19 as cast and crew return to film the series' second season.

Credit: Apple TV+
Credit: Apple TV+

That production date is tentative due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, but the plan is to have the show's main cast return within two weeks, Deadline reported on Monday. That includes Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carell, Mark Duplass, and Billy Crudup.

Although Carell had originally signed a one-year deal with the production, "The Morning Show" producers made it clear that they were in the midst of securing a new deal with the actor to see his return.

Filming for the second season of "The Morning Show" actually started earlier in 2020 before the coronavirus derailed plans. At least two episodes were in the final stages of production before cast and crew took a hiatus due to the pandemic.

Back in July, a report indicated that Apple's production staff were also rewriting the second season to reflect the current global health crisis.

"The Morning Show" is one of Apple TV+'s flagship series, and one of the platform's most critically acclaimed productions. The series won Apple TV+ its first Emmy in September.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 691member
    I just re-watched the first season. So many crowded scenes that would be virtually impossible now.

It'll be interesting to see how this, and other shows work in the ongoing and growing, pandemic.
    edited October 2020 doozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Hank2.0Hank2.0 Posts: 151member
    IMHO this and "For All Mankind" are the best shows AppleTV+ has produced. Their return to the screen (stream?) will definitely entice me to return to AppleTV+.
    doozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'm hoping for a new season of Mythic Quest.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    This is very good news. I thought the first series was one of the best series to come out of the US (I’m in the U.K.). 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,124member
    Appleish said:
    I just re-watched the first season. So many crowded scenes that would be virtually impossible now.

It'll be interesting to see how this, and other shows work in the ongoing and growing, pandemic.
    The actors and are likely self-isolating before production starts. I've seen ads for some 2020-21 season shows where the cast is wearing masks on camera.

That'll be interesting to look back on in 20 years… See kids, look what we had to do! (And hopefully the kids don't have to!)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    I'm hoping for a new season of Mythic Quest.
    They ordered a second season before season one even aired.
    watto_cobra