Way to go France!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 150
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    CoD just might be kidding around with you.....

then again he could just be an absolute nut about the Lion King.
  • Reply 22 of 150
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

CoD just might be kidding around with you.....

then again he could just be an absolute nut about the Lion King.

In either case
    Quote:

I find this distressing. Please, if the sanity of this argument is of any importance to you, change your tone. Your stance is still at your discretion, so don't go accusing me of nothing.

• Reply 23 of 150
    Quote:

Yes, I can.

This is my favorite der kopf post ever.

Quote:

1) Get your numbers straight before bringing that up. (15% in the half of the country where they ARE a party. Nationally = 11%. 35%?

Well we have a slight typo, that should have been 33%. But that applies only to Antwerp now rather than Wafflistan I guess after rechecking my facts. So feel free to playa hate on me.

Quote:

Same kind of pro-life, softcore xenophobe shit I here your president utter on a daily basis. Except that Europe, apparently, is so libertarian that we react to this more fierce.

I think you must mean liberal here rather than libertarian because well, it only makes sense if you mean liberal. Europe is hardly libertarian, neither in a strict ideological sense nor relative to the Unilateral States. On the whole, your beaurocracy is far more pervasive, your personal freedoms are somewhat less and your economics is decided less libertarian than the US.

I'm not sure what the connection between pro-life fückers and xenophobia is. A vast majority of pro-lifers, while wretched Christian Fascists on the whole, are undoubtedly no more xenophobic than the average bear. There is an element of Xenophobia is certain parts of the EvilPubLickCans, particularly in certain regions. On the other hand, I wouldn't attribute such an orientation to the vast majority of EvilPubLickCans and I loathe their party in general. So there you are. As the sage Ice Cube put it so eloquently, Fück the police coming straight from the underground. To find someone similar on immigration in the US you really need to be looking at Pat Buchanon, who isn't polling anywhere near what the comparable pollo politicians in Eurostan are getting these days.
  • Reply 24 of 150
    Quote:

a) that's trying to hit me personal, which is rather humourous, seeing I'm a tall man, and would probably have to look down on you if meeting IRL (and this is NOT to put you down, this is a fact of life).

If you used English units, would you by chance be around say 6'4"? Are you fit, even strong perhaps, a nice muscular build from exercising in your Brussels home? You know, it seems you speaka his language. I have often wondered, if groverat said that to your face would you just smile and give him a vegemite sandwich?

OK, OK I'll stop messing around in your thread now.
  • Reply 25 of 150
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

If America were run this way Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have been shot through the head in the 1970s. But America is not run that way, we have more freedoms here.

Tell that to the King family.
  • Reply 26 of 150
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    "In connection with the United States, the Prime Minister estimated that they made "triple error, morals, policy and strategic."

This is A+ 100% true. France should still stand up to us because we're still warring based on this 'triple error' as the article puts it. Criticize France all you want, but that doesn't mean their argument isn't true.
  • Reply 27 of 150
    On that Â?4000 fine.

Jewish kids in France are receiving much beatings at school lately, the pretext being their Jewishness (although some might find this normal, not to mention school violence altogether), and when they go to the police it often ends that way:

Quote:

Les parents ont d'abord porté plainte contre les auteurs de l'agression. Devant les policiers, les jeunes filles reconnaissent les faits, mais l'affaire est classée sans suite. Le procureur estime qu'un simple rappel Ã* la loi est suffisant.

From the above-linked article:

Â?The parents had first sued the aggressors. The young girls admitted the facts to the police, but the file is closed. The prosecutor considers that a simple asppeal to the law is sufficient.Â?

Since that is the attitude of the law, the parents consider that making noise is pertinent, hence going to the press.

Rather than addressing the issue of school violence including that of racist background, which has been on the rise, the authorities prefer to have a go at the parents for not keeping discrete about it.

On the statement of M. Raffarin:

Quote:

A propos des Etats-Unis, le premier ministre a estimé qu'ils ont commis "une triple erreur, morale, politique et stratégique". Moral, "il y avait une autre alternative Ã* la guerre", a-t-il dit.

Ah oui? More inspectors, that's right. Keeping Saddam in place as it has been since 91, until all realise that the sanctions had long outlived whatever usefulness they may have had, and then letting Saddam off the hook in the name of constructive and critical dialogue. So he can have access to substantial revenues and re-arm freely. Some alternative.

Quote:

Politique, "car nous connaissons bien les difficultés de cette région", a-t-il poursuivi.

And we know how the present Frtench government had addressed these difficulties, by pandering to the likes of Saddam, Assad, and Nasrallah.

Quote:

Stratégique, "cette idée unipolaire" n'est pas celle qu'il faudrait suivre, selon lui.

The idea of systematically opposing any US initiative on Iraq is the idea to follow, right.

Quote:

Puis, il a ajouté que la France n'est pas "dans le camp des dictatures"

Saddam 1980sÂ?

Assad then and nowÂ?

That genocial Rwandan government 1994Â?

Ah, oui, c'est un camp de dictatures, pas le camps des dictatures.

Nuance.

Quote:

et "nous disons clairement Ã* nos amis américains, vous avez fait une erreur grave et la France a le sentiment d'avoir fait son devoir", a-t-il dit. Sur la sécurité, le chef du gouvernement a également affirmé qu'il n'y avait "pas de menaces précises" d'attentats terroristes sur la France.

Well, there were those French naval officers killed in Karachi, and that French tanker attacked off the Yemen coast, and all those terrorists cells found in France all those years.

But since he has no precise information about the next terror attackÂ?

Way to go indeed.

Coming from the political colour of the government of the country which sold the nuclear reactor to Saddam Hussain, M. Raffarin is the one who should have kept it discrete.
  • Reply 28 of 150
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    der kopf:

Quote:

1) I'm not looking for a place at front of any line, which might sound like a surprise. The more inequilibrium when it comes to power, the unsafer this world will be. I'd be happy with a spot at around fifty, if the rest of the world were around that spot too.

That's actually a load of crap. In the modern age the world has been at its most peaceful with the United States as the unchecked and unrivaled superpower or with only two major superpowers (USSR v. USA) at odds.

Lots of even-powered nations aren't scared of fighting each other. See: 1930s Europe.

The world has already seen what a powerful Europe does, we need no more of your genocidal world wars, thanks.

Quote:

2) 'little Belgian': a) that's trying to hit me personal, which is rather humourous, seeing I'm a tall man, and would probably have to look down on you if meeting IRL (and this is NOT to put you down, this is a fact of life). Anyway, ad hominem attacks and posting guidelines? Mister moderator?

If you're going to get personal I will as well. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Quote:

b) again: have you considered, seeing how a large part of the world is officially reacting against what your bossman is doing, that you might actually be wrong?

Yes, I have considered it. I am more than willing and eager to point out everything I think is wrong. I think Bush41 was a failure, by and large. I think we are implicated in the sanction slaughter. At the beginning of this thing I was all about going to UN route. I did some research into the UN's peacekeeping history and I see now that the UN Security Council is a failure.

The fact that some of the world is against it, to me, is not compelling. Being the thinking being that I am, I don't allow overseas opinion polls to dictate what I think.

And, to me, the opinion of Europe doesn't really matter. It's your violent and colonial nations that instigated most of these problems anyway.

I'm sure the Congo appreciates Belgium's fall in power.
  • Reply 29 of 150
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Isn't this the same French Jew who got a Star of David carved into her arm, or is that a different case?
  • Reply 30 of 150
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Put the word France in a thread, and you will lowered the thread at a very low level.

No worth commenting it
  • Reply 31 of 150
    Thank God for powerdoc. Every time I get my panties in a bunch about France I can see the best Frenchman ever right here on the boards.

I'm sorry if I offend you, friend, I certainly don't mean to. These are trying times and I am sensitive about allies who disrespect our soldiers.

*hugs*
  • Reply 32 of 150
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

2) 'little Belgian': a) that's trying to hit me personal, which is rather humourous, seeing I'm a tall man, and would probably have to look down on you if meeting IRL

Just out of curiosity how tall are you? In inches or cm I'll convert if i have to : (
  • Reply 33 of 150
    Quote:

Put the word France in a thread, and you will lowered the thread at a very low level.

No worth commenting it

Well I'm sure you are well versed in how your countrymen feel about Shrubbery. And I don't blame them for the most part. He drives me nuts as well, though for different reasons in some ways. But of course, Mr. Chiraq is equally as well thought of in this country. Rightly so as well given his motivations and various grandstanding absurdities. So it goes. I see no problem with heaping massive criticism on the Chiraqis as long as one makes it clear that the govt is the source of all that well earned scorn. And the vandals and racists can have their moment in the sun as well.

After that, let's just admit that the French and Americans are not allies anymore as long as the present French govt remains in power and get on with it. It's OK, it's not really a big deal to either country.
  • Reply 34 of 150
    Oh and then there is that 25% that want the US to lose the war. That French quarter deserves some unpleasant thoughts uttered in their general direction as well.
  • Reply 35 of 150
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Russia, China or India will "matter" before Old Europe ever does again

You do relize that the comming years will be a showdown between the EU and the US, economically and politically?

Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

...I loathe their party in general. So there you are. As the sage Ice Cube put it so eloquently, Fück the police coming straight from the underground.

Word!

And Kopf, how tall

are you?
  • Reply 36 of 150
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

You do relize that the comming years will be a showdown between the EU and the US, economically and politically?

Perhaps if the EU can unite enough to make itself an international force.

And that's a very very big "if".

The EU has no common defense policy and likely never will at this rate.

The EU sure is pushing hard against the US right now.
  • Reply 37 of 150
    No they won't Delusions of importance. The EU will continue to be scatter brained despite the best efforts of some to do otherwise. Europe has gone mature and senile at the same time. Maybe you could get the Russians in the fold and they get some time to build their economy then you could play that game. But then of course, the Russians are ruthless sons of bitches who will cut your Eurothroats if they can and they feel like it. So either way you're ****ed. EU will remain weak for decades to come.

China will be the one having a showdown with the US economically, militarily, and politically. And culturally as well I suppose. But of course, the US is stable domestically which is probably our biggest advantage moreso than our GNP or JDAMs. At some point in the next 50 years China will change internally towards a less repressive state, whether that happens as an evolution or a revolution and the particulars of that process will go a long way in determing the extent to which China can fulfill its potential as the other powerful nation-state of the 21st Century.

All of which ignores India which is a nice sleeper pick to make the Final Four. Assuming that Arizona chokes as they often do and did this year.
  • Reply 38 of 150
    Oh and don't count out Canadia. They got a shitload of prime real estate that is going bring in mad bling bling once we really get this global warming schtuff cranked up. I have it on good authority that Canadia is planning on taking in every person in the world living in the Tropics over the coming century as all of those equatorial territories turn to Mad Max Land once we get our SUV MPG down into the single digits. Tadow. Canadia here we come. I anticipate that they will go from 30 million to 1 billion anytime now.
  • Reply 39 of 150
    Nah... China has still got a long way to go (and grow). But if we say in 20 to 30 years, I'll agree.

Europe's time will come before that. The common foreign policy of the EU is not very far away.
  • Reply 40 of 150