Compared: New Apple Silicon MacBook Air versus Intel MacBook Air

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    ronn said:
    Buying the M1 MBA was a no-brainer for me. My current machine is a 2014 MBA on its last legs. I slept on it just to make sure and just pulled the trigger minutes ago. My one regret was not buying yesterday as I'll probably get the new machine end of this month or early December.

My only Windows issue has to deal with collaborating with others. So they'll have to find alternatives or they're SOL.
    I have a 2018 MBA, and I'm still betting the new one is going to be a pretty big jump in performance. Graphics will, I think, see a big boost (and thus make the (non-existent) fan noise no longer an issue. I was already thinking the 2020 model was a big enough improvement from the 2018 one with the new keyboard, the better processor, and TrueTone, so I didn't hesitate to buy the AS MBA yesterday a few hours after the presentation.

My delivery time is slated between December 4 and 14, although when I started the purchase process (it took me about ten minutes for a couple of reasons), the estimate was the end of November. So I'm assuming that the number of people buying at least right away was fairly significant.
    ronnwatto_cobraspock1234
  • Reply 22 of 27
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,373member
    Eagerly awaiting hands-on reviews ... as I'm sure the AppleInsider staff are too.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    larryjw said:
    I bought the M1 Air jacked up. Purpose was simply to experience the new and old and iOS apps together. And, to have a machine in the middle of my current devices.

And to experience how Apple's monthly 0% interest financing works.
    Must be nice to have money to throw at curiosity.
    Beats
  • Reply 24 of 27
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Why is the comparison chart sensibly-formatted on this forum page but insanely-formatted on the article page?
    MplsP
  • Reply 25 of 27
    I have a 2010 MBP that has been pleading to be put to rest now for a couple of months.   It's crazy that it still works but I have only used it for personal purposes as I have another work related computer.  I have been thinking of upgrading my MBP but always felt I should wait. Well, I think now is finally the time.  My question is... would the M1 MBP be a more reliable (i.e. work well for a long period of time) laptop due to the fan (thinking that it might not let the M1 chip overheat) or would the M1 MBA be more reliable because it doesn't have a fan (doesn't have a mechanical component that could fail)?   I will be doing a 20 gun salute funeral for my 2010 MBP as soon as I receive my new MB_.
    ronnwatto_cobraspock1234
  • Reply 26 of 27
    "Both versions also include support for Wide Color (P3)"

The previous MacBook Air models did not support DCI-P3 so this is incorrect. It is new to the M1.

watto_cobraspock1234
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Does the M1 MacBook Air support ethernet via an adapter?