Apple renews 'For all Mankind' for third season

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has ordered a third season of Apple TV+ alt-history space drama "For All Mankind" a few months ahead of the second season release.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple


The Cupertino tech giant renewed the series for a second season before Apple TV+ debuted in November 2019. Although production was halted due to the coronavirus, it resumed in August, and season two is now set to debut in February 2021.

Production on the third season of the drama from Ronald D. Moore and Sony Pictures Television is set to kick off in the spring, Deadline reported.

"For All Mankind" imagines an alternate view of history in which the global space race never ended and the USSR beat the U.S. to the moon. It stars Joel Kinnaman, Michael Dorman, Sarah Jones, Shantel VanSanten, Wrenn Schmidt, Jodi Balfour, Krys Marshallm and Sonya Walger.

The series was created by Moor, Ben Nedivi, and Matt Wolpert. All three executive produce the series along with Golden Maril Davis of Tall Ship Productions. Sony Pictures Television also produces "For All Mankind."

With the renewal, "For All Mankind" joins "Dickinson" and "Ted Lasso" as the latest Apple TV+ series to receive an early green-light for a third season.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 9
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,063member
    Most of the first season dealt with "existing technologies" like the Apollo rockets. Based on the post-credits scene in the final episode of season one, the next season will involve oversized rockets, nuclear power on the Moon, and some future technologies. The technology will probably be at this level:



    ...except that the Moon will stay in Earth's orbit.

    hodarwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Most of the first season dealt with "existing technologies" like the Apollo rockets. Based on the post-credits scene in the final episode of season one, the next season will involve oversized rockets, nuclear power on the Moon, and some future technologies. The technology will probably be at this level:



    ...except that the Moon will stay in Earth's orbit.

    I thought there was a plan to remake that. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 9
    hodarhodar Posts: 348member
    I was truly impressed with the technical skill involved in the For All Mankind series.  Having been a child during that timeframe, seeing the clothes, home decor, dishes, cars and re-creating that whole period in time was truly masterful.  We have enjoyed quite a few of the Apple shows, and are anxiously awaiting to see Season 2.
    Appleishronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    These three shows alone are worth a year subscription or Apple TV+.


    viclauyycwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Rayz2016 said:
    Most of the first season dealt with "existing technologies" like the Apollo rockets. Based on the post-credits scene in the final episode of season one, the next season will involve oversized rockets, nuclear power on the Moon, and some future technologies. The technology will probably be at this level:

    ...except that the Moon will stay in Earth's orbit.
    I thought there was a plan to remake that. 
    I read it was an audio remake, not a new video remake.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 9
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    These three shows alone are worth a year subscription or Apple TV+.


    I expected to like For All Mankind and I did but I had to coerced to try Ted Lasso. I was surprised at how much I loved it. Dickinson, not so much.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,208member
    jdb8167 said:
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    These three shows alone are worth a year subscription or Apple TV+.


    I expected to like For All Mankind and I did but I had to coerced to try Ted Lasso. I was surprised at how much I loved it. Dickinson, not so much.
    Agree, Lasso surprised me. Didn’t like the trailer and don’t like sports ball, but the writing and characters were so very good. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,410member
    I just got the TV+ free trial with my Pro Max last month and have been working my way through the library. This was maybe up next for me. But comparing the comments here with the ones from the article on Tehran the other day, “For All Mankind” doesn’t seem as well liked. All the comments there professed how great Tehran was (which I completely agree with), but not so much here. 

    Rd1: Mythic Quest, Tehran
    Rd2: Ted Lasso, Dickinson
    Rd3: ?

    I know these things are subjective, but for those who’ve seen it... did you love it, or was it just pretty good?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Japhey said:
    I just got the TV+ free trial with my Pro Max last month and have been working my way through the library. This was maybe up next for me. But comparing the comments here with the ones from the article on Tehran the other day, “For All Mankind” doesn’t seem as well liked. All the comments there professed how great Tehran was (which I completely agree with), but not so much here. 

    Rd1: Mythic Quest, Tehran
    Rd2: Ted Lasso, Dickinson
    Rd3: ?

    I know these things are subjective, but for those who’ve seen it... did you love it, or was it just pretty good?
    I haven't watched Tehran or Mythic Quest. Political thrillers aren't my favorite and just like I had to be convinced to try Ted Lasso, a comedy like Mythic Quest is going to need someone I trust to recommend it. From the trailer, it just seems silly.
Sign In or Register to comment.