Massachusetts man swallows AirPod in his sleep

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    “Doctors say the man attended the ED saying he thinks he swallowed his AirPod in his sleep. Scans revealed that it had travelled all the way through his digestive system, and nearly out the other end which is where doctors found it and retrieved it from. OK then. And now, here’s Tom with the weather.”
  • Reply 22 of 26
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I hope he had AppleCare+. Did he fall asleep while listening to his AirPods, or did he go to sleep while listening to them.

Most nights I go to sleep to a short podcast on my iPhone. I've tried using an EarPod but once asleep, the slightest movement of the cord wakes me up with a start, thinking spiders from Mars are about to kill me.

An AirPod seemed ideal, but I don't think it turns off after the podcast is done, and instead will just wake me up again with the low battery alert. Or worse it'll run down to zero, killing max capacity over time. But with out a touch of Grey Poupon Dijon, there's no chance of me ingesting one.

• Reply 23 of 26
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Reminds me of the guy who dreamt that he was eating the world’s biggest marshmallow. When he woke up his pillow was gone!  :D
  • Reply 24 of 26
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    fred1 said:
    Reminds me of the guy who dreamt that he was eating the world’s biggest marshmallow. When he woke up his pillow was gone!  :D
    Or in this case, he was dreaming that he was eating an albino New England steamer (soft shelled steamed clam), without the butter of course. They do bear more than a little similarity in appearance - but not flavor, or texture. They are quite popular in that region.

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/new_england_steamers/
    edited February 2021 fred1
  • Reply 25 of 26
    For legal reasons, Apple will have now to label AirPods with "Do Not Eat."
  • Reply 26 of 26
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    For legal reasons, Apple will have now to label AirPods with "Do Not Eat."
    Actually, they might have to have a warning not to give them to small children.