Apple TV+ shares first look feature of 'For All Mankind' season two

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Wednesday shared a new "first look" featurette of the upcoming second season of Apple TV+ series "For All Mankind," set to debut on Friday, Feb. 19.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The second season of the popular series takes place a decade after the first during the height of the Cold War. Both the U.S. and Russia are fighting over the resources on the moon as the lunar surface becomes a flashpoint for increasingly militarized tensions.

In the featurette, the second season provides a look at an alternative version of the 1980s in which NASA was never defunded. Because of that, the characters have access to modern technologies like electric cars, cell phones, and video conferencing equipment.

Created by Ronald D. Moore, Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, the show stars Joel Kinnaman, Michael Dorman, Sarah Jones, Shantel VanSanten, Wrenn Schmidt and Jodi Balfour.

The series was one of the first to debut with the launch of Apple TV+, and also became one of the first to be renewed for a second season. Before the coronavirus pandemic, shooting on all but two episodes was finished before the health crisis derailed production.

"For All Mankind" season two will begin streaming on Friday, Feb. 19.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Nice! I’ve been looking forward to more seasons of that first slate of shows that debuted on TV+. 

I liked FAM well enough and I’m hoping See isn’t far behind (though maybe I read it won’t be out until this fall). 

The article mentions there were only 2 episodes left when production had to stop. Any idea how much longer they would have needed to finish those two?
    StrangeDaysminicoffeejahbladewatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    FAM was great, even my mom like it. Looking forward to more. 
    edited February 2021 minicoffeejahbladewatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    For All Mankind is the only thing I've watched on AppleTV+.  Looking forward to Season 2.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I loved season one but the sight of American astronauts on the moon with weapons makes me cringe. Having a plot where an ever-growing, suspenseful conflict ends in a last minute peaceful solution is not very original. Nor is having a big old shoot-out ordered by a trigger-happy president. That would be even worse with the series ending up being something between Space 1999 and Dr. Strangelove. Hopefully the writers will come up with something worthy of an Issac Asimov, Arthur C. Clark, James P. Hogan, or Jerry Pournelle. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    watto_cobra