White, Christian, Male, Republican, Hetro?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 75
    Is it really cheating though?

• Reply 22 of 75
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    Not to derail the thread, but it's unfortunate when you lose a girlfriend to your best friend's girlfriend. I didn't walk in on her. I wouldn't have been invited to join in, and I wouldn't have wanted to anyway.
  • Reply 23 of 75
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    All yeses and proud of it. I used to live in KC too!

Biggotry is a knife that cuts both ways. Meeting the above criteria doesn't mean anything about you.

My experience is that people are people. Stop being a racist/religious-ist/sexist/politi-cist/preferencist/OS-ist. Get out and find the great things about whoever you are lucky enough to meet, no matter what they look or sound like. I have known boring people of every race, religion, gender, political party, sexual preference, and OS.

I know lots of people in KC that I can get you in contact with if you want to see your stereotype demolished.
  • Reply 24 of 75
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Are you Hetero? Unfortunately very much so.

If you find it so unfortunate, why don't you "switch?"
  • Reply 25 of 75
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    No big deal. That was years ago. Back to the topic indeed.
  • Reply 26 of 75
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Are you white? Yes (Irish American)

Are you Christian? (Catholic)

Are you male? Yes (Prepares to shock even more people, even though I have to point it out to AI every week)

Are you Republican? No

Are you Hetero? Yes

Do you own a Windows PC? No, I have never owned any machine that was not made by Apple.
  • Reply 27 of 75
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Are you Hetero? Unfortunately very much so.

Do you live in KC (see BRussel's quote)?

My status:

Are you white? Yes (As I have vitiligo, some areas are whiter than others)

Are you Christian? I'm christianed.

Are you male? Yes.

Are you Republican? We do have other parties here, so n/a.

Are you Hetero? Yes

Do you own a Windows PC? Never owned one (except Virtual PC), but using one daily at work.
  • Reply 28 of 75
    Are you white?

In everyplace in the world except the U.S. : YES

Are you Christian?

My family is Roman Catholic so kinda : YES

Are you male?

YES

Are you Republican?

N/A

Are you Hetero?

You could say that.

Do you own a Windows PC?

HELL NO!
  • Reply 29 of 75
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    i am desesperatly white, and my skin burn under the sun, making me looks like a lobster

i am a male

I am not a republican, a party who do not exist in my countrie. If i live in the US , i would vote more for the democrats anyway.

i own several macs, and a PC. It's the only aera where i am bi

i am not a true christian, even if my wedding was made in a church, and my daughters where baptized. i don't believe in god, but i share some values of the church, which are a part of my culture.
  • Reply 30 of 75
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by soulcrusher

My family is Roman Catholic so kinda : YES

I hear that!

I am italian... so technically "white" but I am really not.

ditto as soulcrusher on the christianity part, although I DO go to a jesuit school, so I am a bit more partial to RC and the pope then a normal non-believer would be.

Male, although i like to think that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body

I'm not affiliated with any party, but I would consider myself a conservative liberal, but some of my views are VERY left, and I could see myself voting for the green party candidate if I felt my vote would be going to the "lesser of two evils"

and yes I am 100% straight... unless I'm supposed to be a woman

Edit: no PCs for me...yet anyway \
  • Reply 31 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

Male, although i like to think that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body

and yes I am 100% straight... unless I'm supposed to be a woman

Don´t understand that. is it a sexual thing (wanting to have a vagina, turned on by lesbian sex, not the ordinary way figuring yourself as the male intruder but as one on the girls/women) or do you just feel that you should have been female?

Me, I don´t understand homosexual males but do understand homosexual females. OTOH I´m for more gay men and against more lesbians for obvious reasons.

Male, whitie, straight.

But not christian, conservative or PC.
  • Reply 32 of 75
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Don´t understand that. is it a sexual thing (wanting to have a vagina,

hah no, I love my dick...

Quote:

turned on by lesbian sex, not the ordinary way figuring yourself as the male intruder but as one on the girls/women)

yes, noQuote:

or do you just feel that you should have been female?

I just like women better then men in close to every way... although, women can be whiny, backstabbing bitches tho... also it would suck to bleed for 5 days straight once a month and have to go through childbirth... I guess I was just trying to make a joke
  • Reply 33 of 75
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

Poll:

Are you white?

Define ?white? (1). I do recall some impoliteness due to my appearance when visiting some parts of your fine country in the early 1960s.

I look somewhat like Osama's slightly shorter, much handsomer, and cosmopolite older brother, but I do have meaner eyes.

Quote:

Are you Christian?

No, Jewish. Not that much in the practice and faith departments though.

Quote:

Are you male?

Yes.

Quote:

Are you Republican?

I'm not American.

I lean toward the old-school social-democracy (cf. Edward Bernstein,, Pierre Mendès-France, Janusz Korczak) and old-school Labour Zionism (Joseph Trumpeldor, Haim Weizmann), with numerous caveats.

Quote:

Are you Hetero?

Yes, very much attracted to the females of the species.

Quote:

Do you own a Windows PC?

Never did, never will.

Quote:

Just wondering. I live in the KC 'burbs, where EVERYONE is White, Christian, Republican, and Hetero. It gets kinda old. I miss diversity. It got me thinking: What are my pals at AI like? WHO are you?

And what is a ?KC ?burb?, might I ask?

(1) For precision's sake:

The notion of ?white? as part of one's identity, rather than just descriptive of one's appearance, is a fairly recent contraption, and one which is foreign to me.

Ancient Egyptians or Sumerians, as well as other ancient nations of the Fertile Crescent were mixed lots and did not define themselves by skin colour.

In the Middle-Ages, people in North-Western Europe were of very homogenous appearance, which caused them to invent ?whiteness? after venturing to the high seas and meeting other, more varied, people.

So, while I assume that people from England, Benelux, Scandinavia, Germany, France, or Central and Eastern Europe, are considered ?white?, I have difficulty assessing where the ?non-whites? begin, as I recall Anglo-Saxons referring to people from the Middle-East, North Africa, and even from Spain, Italy, or Greece, as ?brown? or otherwise ?non-white?.
  • Reply 34 of 75
    [Sorry double post]
  • Reply 35 of 75
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Currently.

No.
  • Reply 36 of 75
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Are you white? Yes but my children are 1/16 Indian (Native American); does that help?

Are you Christian? Yes, devoutly.

Are you male? Hmm, not the last time I checked (for which my husband is grateful).

Are you Republican? Mostly, but not exclusively

Are you Hetero? yes (again, my husband is grateful).

Do you own a Windows PC? Unfortunately, yes but I prefer my Mac. I laugh everytime someone I know on a PC forwards an email virus to my Mac.

• Reply 37 of 75
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dogcow

Are you white? Yep - Irish, with a twist of English

Hey that gets the Irish in me twisted up . . . . just kidding my wife is part English . . . so my daughter... named after a James Joyce character, will be some English . . . she'll oppress herself I'm sure . . .

But I'm mostly French/America . .. actual dual citizen

Xtian? some strange thing this religion stuff . . . I would have to say that my beliefs run closer to a Meister Eckhart mysticism, or Blakean blend mixed with Hindu, Atman and Tantric Buddhism . . . salted with heavy doses of Freud/Nietzsche/Heidegger . . . and the absolute affirmative adoration of all being in its glorious divine becoming

Male? so far

Hetero? yes, but open... though I'm monogamous by choice and quite married

PC owner? HAHAHHAHAHAHA . . . no . . . though I might get one just to learn to use windows

Am I a Republican? No . . .
  • Reply 38 of 75
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Beside the PC part, I am all of the above.
  • Reply 39 of 75
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

Beside the PC part, I am all of the above.

• Reply 40 of 75
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    It strikes me how most of you, proud are less proud Americans, claim to be all peoples of the rainbow. What does 'part English' mean? Look, you're American, or you're English. Or you're both, in some cases. You know I love you all, but still, this is something that never ceases to amaze me. Standing-up-straight Americans turning around and proclaiming themselves, part Hungarian, part Norwegian, part Mongolian and part Mongoloid. What is up with that? It's like you all would claim to be part Cro-Magnon. Well.