Apple TV+ shares second season trailers for 'Home Before Dark,' 'Trying'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited May 2021
Apple on Thursday shared trailers for the second seasons of Apple TV+ shows "Home Before Dark" and "Trying" ahead of their respective release dates.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

"Home Before Dark" is based on the true story of young reporter Hilde Lysiak. The second season explores Lysiak's investigation of a mysterious explosion that leads her to "fight a powerful and influential corporation."

The second season stars Brooklynn Prince, Jim Sturgess, Abby Miller, Kylie Rogers, Michael Weston, Joelle Carter, Aziza Scott, Jibrail Nantambu, Deric McCabe, and Rio Mangini. It's set to make its Apple TV+ premiere on June 11.

Apple also shared a trailer for the second season of "Trying," a comedy series starring Esther Smith as Nikki, and Rafe Spall as Jason.

"All Nikki and Jason want is a baby-- the one thing they can't have. So they decide to adopt. With their dysfunctional friends, dramatic relatives, and chaotic lives, will the couple succeed in building the family of their dreams," Apple said of the second season.

Imelda Staunton, Ophelia Lovibond, and Oliver Chris co-star in "Trying," which is written by Andy Wolton. The series debuts on May 21.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    lolliverlolliver Posts: 494member
    Really looking forward to the second season of Trying. The first season was fantastic!!
    Japhey
  • Reply 2 of 7
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    lolliver said:
    Really looking forward to the second season of Trying. The first season was fantastic!!
    I just started it, but I like it so far. Has anyone seen “Home Before Dark”? Is it any good?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    JaiOh81JaiOh81 Posts: 60member
    Japhey said:
    lolliver said:
    I just started it, but I like it so far. Has anyone seen “Home Before Dark”? Is it any good?
    Home before dark was excellent. Really looking forward to the second season. 
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 4 of 7
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,875member
    Yep, HBD was good. 
  • Reply 5 of 7
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member
    Japhey said:
    lolliver said:
    Not at all. Annoying children, useless adults, plots full of dead ends and red herrings, and the writing, oh, the writing ("the truth will come out" had us laughing in stitches and rolling our eyes at the same time). Probably the only Apple TV+ show that was bad. I was sure it would not be renewed.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    semi_guysemi_guy Posts: 64member
    Home Before Dark had some good moments. Its mediocre show whose premise had so much potential, but the series fail to exploit. 

The adults are all hobbled with past psychological issues, the kids run around with little adult supervision and messing things up, those in the law and power are very corrupt with some good ones trying to make a difference. So it somewhat mirrors many of the problems of a lot of towns and small cities. The show seems to drag the plot too much. Maybe it will be better in the second season.

I would say so far Ted Lasso, Mosquito coast and Tehran had been the best shows I have seen so far.
    sflagel
  • Reply 7 of 7
    omasouomasou Posts: 572member
    Japhey said:
    lolliver said:
    Very good. Enjoyed watching it together with my children.