Google teases Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro with new Tensor AI chip

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    chadbag said:
    At least the design is "original".  

It's got that going for it. 

The phone and the front of the phone and UI/software is based on iPhone still.

Kinda how Samsung pretends they invented a new iPhone by throwing a random “wrench” into the cogs.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    crosslad said:
    avon b7 said:
    Who thinks these look good? They almost have a retro feeling to them. Modern? Futuristic? No.

And case makers will have a fun time wrapping around that bar.
    I think they look very ugly. Like something from a faded 70's sci-fi film.

But...

There will be no camera bump wobble for those who dislike that, and once encased in your favourite case, could look much more modern. 
    And put a case on an iPhone and there is no camera bump wobble. 
    You beat me to it. 

The reason you only hear about camera wobble in forums is because everyone puts a case on an iPhone. The only people who don’t are people who live in forums. 
    lkruppAlex_Vwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 28
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Rayz2016 said:
    crosslad said:
    avon b7 said:
    Who thinks these look good? They almost have a retro feeling to them. Modern? Futuristic? No.

And case makers will have a fun time wrapping around that bar.
    I think they look very ugly. Like something from a faded 70's sci-fi film.

But...

There will be no camera bump wobble for those who dislike that, and once encased in your favourite case, could look much more modern. 
    And put a case on an iPhone and there is no camera bump wobble. 
    You beat me to it. 

The reason you only hear about camera wobble in forums is because everyone puts a case on an iPhone. The only people who don’t are people who live in forums. 
    Tech forums like AI are aberrations of reality. The world in here is a construct.
    Rayz2016Alex_Vwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 28
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Interesting, how does the camera bar communicate with the "Pixel phone"?
    ?

It's part of the Pixel phone.  It'll communicate in the same or similar way to how any other camera on any other smartphone communicates with the phone that it is the camera for.

How does the iPhone camera communicate with the iPhone?  The Pixel camera bar will do that.
    iPhone camera is mounted on the same board as the AX chip? 
    Yeah?  Why would you think the Google Pixel camera wouldn't be mounted on the same board as the Google Pixel CPU?  I'm pretty darn sure it will be.

I'm not sure what you've misunderstood here.
    I do not misunderstand. I do not understand how the camera communicate with the CPU. It looks like it is separated far away from the CPU. 
    You didn't say CPU originally, you said Pixel Phone, which the camera is a part of.  I'm not sure how you even know where the CPU is in the unit.  And even if it's right at the other end of the phone, the camera module will be connected to the logic board, either directly soldered or more likely with a ribbon cable, just like the iPhone.

How else do you imagine the camera would "communicate" with the CPU?  Wi-fi? 
  • Reply 25 of 28
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,767member
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Interesting, how does the camera bar communicate with the "Pixel phone"?
    ?

It's part of the Pixel phone.  It'll communicate in the same or similar way to how any other camera on any other smartphone communicates with the phone that it is the camera for.

How does the iPhone camera communicate with the iPhone?  The Pixel camera bar will do that.
    iPhone camera is mounted on the same board as the AX chip? 
    Yeah?  Why would you think the Google Pixel camera wouldn't be mounted on the same board as the Google Pixel CPU?  I'm pretty darn sure it will be.

I'm not sure what you've misunderstood here.
    I do not misunderstand. I do not understand how the camera communicate with the CPU. It looks like it is separated far away from the CPU. 
    You didn't say CPU originally, you said Pixel Phone, which the camera is a part of.  I'm not sure how you even know where the CPU is in the unit.  And even if it's right at the other end of the phone, the camera module will be connected to the logic board, either directly soldered or more likely with a ribbon cable, just like the iPhone.

How else do you imagine the camera would "communicate" with the CPU?  Wi-fi? 
    Telepathy.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    mobirdmobird Posts: 755member
  • Reply 27 of 28
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,271member
    mobird said:
    Fi doesn't really have anything directly to do with the Pixel line, so really not germane to this thread. It's not even an Android thing per se as I use it with my iPhone 11.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Alex_VAlex_V Posts: 222member
    I agree that it is different and distinct. But, cCamera bar is a pretty significant protrusion. I have reservations about the wisdom of that solution which was, no doubt done to buy more space for lenses and components. I think the phone is going to get stuck on the way in and on the way out of pockets. 
    watto_cobra